All reviewsfirst classmany yearstennis courtslook forwardhome from homegreat weekfantastic placehigh standardall agesbar staff aresecond to nonedaily maid serviceon sitebar snacksexcellent facilitiestime sharemini market
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

If you want to have lunch al fresco in the sun with great service and a wide choice dishes at a reasonable price you will do no better than the outdoor dining area in this club.
Service is good led by Helder, who has been of service to the members and diners here for 30 years now.
We had a lovely fish plate which was excellent and memorable served,by the way by the club's manager,not because of who we are! It shows all the staff from the top down are interested in the visitors.
This club is now in its 31st year and going strong giving service and creating happy memories for many!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
FSCCQDL, General Manager at Four Seasons Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Dear WoIman,

Thank you for your very kind comments and very positive review, we very much appreciate the feedback and are glad to read that you have enjoyed everything so much.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I stayed here on my own and the staff were wonderful and so friendly. I had the most amazing stay and the resort is beautiful and clean and so welcoming. And the food is great completely 5 star all the way. I will be back next year.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
FSCCQDL, General Manager at Four Seasons Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear racheleJ9942KT,

Thank you for your very kind comments and I am delighted that you were able to feel so comfortable and welcome, being here on your own. We will look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Two years ago we stayed at the Four Seasons Country Club and everything was perfect which is why we returned again this year. We certainly weren't disappointed it's a great place to stay, the villa was as before really spacious and clean. When we go back to Portugal we will certainly stay there again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
FSCCQDL, General Manager at Four Seasons Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Marion B,

Thank you for your kind review. Good to know that all was perfect again and that you were not disappointed in any way. We will look forward to welcoming you again, the next time.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We come here every year as myself and my parents both own weeks. I came earlier in April also. As always a wonderful time. The food in As Velas remains as fabulous as always and the staff are just wonderful, very warm and welcoming. Altogether another glorious holiday in fab surroundings. See you next year!

Stayed: August 2017
FSCCQDL, General Manager at Four Seasons Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear nattynat40,

Thank you for all of your very kind comments and for sharing this. It is great to know how well it all works for you.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

This is a 4-star hotel in every respect and I'm slightly bemused that it has the Four Seasons name attached to it. It's really rather old fashioned with lots of fusty furnishings and fuddy-duddy rules. The food is average at best and the pool area is cramped, with sun loungers sardined around the perimeter. Forget any pool service; the fact it has won a Trip Advisor award for service is bewildering. The waiters weren't particularly efficient or friendly, and the staff on reception are borderline rude. The villas are very well-equipped but you feel institutionalised, like staying in a safe house. You can order a takeaway from the restaurant but you have to collect it yourself, served in prison-style foil trays. In short, it was a perfectly pleasant holiday but incomparable to somewhere like the Conrad Algarve.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Palms_8
FSCCQDL, General Manager at Four Seasons Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Palms_8,

Of course any review is always subjective and everyone may form their own opinion. However, is it really necessary to be unpleasant “The definition of average”.
As to your specific comments I would like to ask you to contact me directly on i.pugsley@fsccqdl.com or telephone the club on 00 351 289 357000 so that I can understand better what the issues were. Some of your comments are difficult to understand.
“Fusty furniture”? We are in the process of a circa €7.000.000 refurbishment programme that will be complete by early 2020 and throughout our 30 years of existence have always invested regularly in renewing and updating what we have. Villas yet to be done under this current programme still provide very comfortable accommodation, so I am not sure what this comment can be directed at. At the time of booking there is also the option to select either the “Classic” or the “Superior” villas. The latter being those that have already received the “upgrade”.
“Fuddy duddy” rules? We don’t actually operate with very many “rules” but what we have in place are there for the benefit of guests, health and safety considerations and with showing due respect for others using the resort.
Villas are well equipped but you feel “institutionalised” like staying in a “safe house”? I have never been in a “safe house” but if it was like this I would certainly consider it.
Perhaps the general idea is just to leave me bemused and bewildered as well.
This is a 4 star resort, so you are totally correct in stating that. It was named Four Seasons Country Club by the developer when it was built in the mid 1980s. By your comment I presume that you are referring to the Four Seasons Hotels Group, which we are not part of. However, if you know the group, I believe that you would have been very aware that we aren’t a part of it, at the time of booking. You would pay a great deal more at one of their hotels.
As regards the staff I am very sorry that anyone should be unfriendly or rude but it does not take the reading of many reviews to know that that would be very much the exception. You can perhaps provide me with more detail when you contact me directly.
As this is the peak time of year we do put additional beds around the pool. We have a lot of families and they tend to like the social aspect of that, we just try to provide the most beds possible when we have this period of heavy demand but you will find that pretty much to be the case everywhere at this time, including the main parts of the beaches.
We are an 18 acre (7 hectare) resort; it is therefore not practical to provide room service, as a hotel with lifts to floors. What we do offer therefore, as you correctly term it, is a “take away “service. The containers are therefore practical and safe for purpose and the villas are fully equipped with all kitchen utensils, crockery, glassware, cutlery etc.
It is of course a great shame that you did not take the opportunity to speak to me when you were here. Although you do end by stating that it was a “perfectly pleasant holiday”.
As regards the Conrad reference, if it is that that you prefer then I am very pleased that it is there as an alternative. It is not really a question of comparison, it is a different product and there will of course be those who prefer that, as there are those that will prefer this. We are not all the same and it is very good therefore that everyone has the choice.