All reviews first class many years tennis courts look forward home from home great week fantastic place high standard all ages bar staff are second to none daily maid service on site bar snacks excellent facilities time share mini market
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Two years ago we stayed at the Four Seasons Country Club and everything was perfect which is why we returned again this year. We certainly weren't disappointed it's a great place to stay, the villa was as before really spacious and clean. When we go back to Portugal we will certainly stay there again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
FSCCQDL, General Manager at Four Seasons Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Marion B,

Thank you for your kind review. Good to know that all was perfect again and that you were not disappointed in any way. We will look forward to welcoming you again, the next time.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We come here every year as myself and my parents both own weeks. I came earlier in April also. As always a wonderful time. The food in As Velas remains as fabulous as always and the staff are just wonderful, very warm and welcoming. Altogether another glorious holiday in fab surroundings. See you next year!

Stayed: August 2017
FSCCQDL, General Manager at Four Seasons Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear nattynat40,

Thank you for all of your very kind comments and for sharing this. It is great to know how well it all works for you.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

This is a 4-star hotel in every respect and I'm slightly bemused that it has the Four Seasons name attached to it. It's really rather old fashioned with lots of fusty furnishings and fuddy-duddy rules. The food is average at best and the pool area is cramped, with sun loungers sardined around the perimeter. Forget any pool service; the fact it has won a Trip Advisor award for service is bewildering. The waiters weren't particularly efficient or friendly, and the staff on reception are borderline rude. The villas are very well-equipped but you feel institutionalised, like staying in a safe house. You can order a takeaway from the restaurant but you have to collect it yourself, served in prison-style foil trays. In short, it was a perfectly pleasant holiday but incomparable to somewhere like the Conrad Algarve.

2  Thank Palms_8
FSCCQDL, General Manager at Four Seasons Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Palms_8,

Of course any review is always subjective and everyone may form their own opinion. However, is it really necessary to be unpleasant “The definition of average”.
As to your specific comments I would like to ask you to contact me directly on i.pugsley@fsccqdl.com or telephone the club on 00 351 289 357000 so that I can understand better what the issues were. Some of your comments are difficult to understand.
“Fusty furniture”? We are in the process of a circa €7.000.000 refurbishment programme that will be complete by early 2020 and throughout our 30 years of existence have always invested regularly in renewing and updating what we have. Villas yet to be done under this current programme still provide very comfortable accommodation, so I am not sure what this comment can be directed at. At the time of booking there is also the option to select either the “Classic” or the “Superior” villas. The latter being those that have already received the “upgrade”.
“Fuddy duddy” rules? We don’t actually operate with very many “rules” but what we have in place are there for the benefit of guests, health and safety considerations and with showing due respect for others using the resort.
Villas are well equipped but you feel “institutionalised” like staying in a “safe house”? I have never been in a “safe house” but if it was like this I would certainly consider it.
Perhaps the general idea is just to leave me bemused and bewildered as well.
This is a 4 star resort, so you are totally correct in stating that. It was named Four Seasons Country Club by the developer when it was built in the mid 1980s. By your comment I presume that you are referring to the Four Seasons Hotels Group, which we are not part of. However, if you know the group, I believe that you would have been very aware that we aren’t a part of it, at the time of booking. You would pay a great deal more at one of their hotels.
As regards the staff I am very sorry that anyone should be unfriendly or rude but it does not take the reading of many reviews to know that that would be very much the exception. You can perhaps provide me with more detail when you contact me directly.
As this is the peak time of year we do put additional beds around the pool. We have a lot of families and they tend to like the social aspect of that, we just try to provide the most beds possible when we have this period of heavy demand but you will find that pretty much to be the case everywhere at this time, including the main parts of the beaches.
We are an 18 acre (7 hectare) resort; it is therefore not practical to provide room service, as a hotel with lifts to floors. What we do offer therefore, as you correctly term it, is a “take away “service. The containers are therefore practical and safe for purpose and the villas are fully equipped with all kitchen utensils, crockery, glassware, cutlery etc.
It is of course a great shame that you did not take the opportunity to speak to me when you were here. Although you do end by stating that it was a “perfectly pleasant holiday”.
As regards the Conrad reference, if it is that that you prefer then I am very pleased that it is there as an alternative. It is not really a question of comparison, it is a different product and there will of course be those who prefer that, as there are those that will prefer this. We are not all the same and it is very good therefore that everyone has the choice.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Overall this place is excellent. The only minor negative I have, there is only 1 restaurant. Another 1-2 would make this the ultimate resort. The pool area is excellent and not too busy, easy to get a lounger.

4  Thank Rogerthat1974
FSCCQDL, General Manager at Four Seasons Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear Rogerthat1974,

I am pleased to see that “overall” you found the resort to be excellent. However, as to the negative we are a relatively small resort with restricted access to the public. It is never therefore going to be practical to operate with 2 or 3 restaurants. In the restaurant that we have though we do offer an extensive menu offering a lot of choice between a light snack and a full meal.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Another wonderful holiday - i have been coming to the algarve for 30 years since I was a teenager and I absolutely love the Four Seasons. It is great for couples, for multi generational families, for young children and old. The place has immaculately kept accommodation, grounds and facilities and presents excellent value - I have occasionally experienced other hotels, restaurants and villas in the area and I always keep coming
back to four seasons as it always comes out on top by comparison. The success of the place is very much down to the excellent staff, many of whom have been here since the club opened 31 years ago and such impressive staff retention can be attributed to the superb management of Ian Pugsley. Consistency, good value, high standards and such a welcoming atmosphere are what make the place and keep people returning year after year. Bravo!

1  Thank kh272017
FSCCQDL, General Manager at Four Seasons Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear kh272017,

Thank you for your very kind words from all of us here, they are very much appreciated. I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful holiday and I hope that we can be a part of many more.