“Nice village house in Levkogia”
other travellers have booked this property
Garden Park - covered by grasses and surrounded by trees and flowers
Outdoors dining area, enjoy your meal in our garden! Welcome to our villa!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Garden Park - covered by grasses and surrounded by trees and flowers
Outdoors dining area, enjoy your meal in our garden!
Welcome to our villa!
Outdoors area - fenced and offering you privacy
Outdoors sitting area with view of Cretan nature!
Outdoor area for dining, relaxing and spending good time with your people
Open plan dinning and living room area
Living room area, it is decorated in traditional style with some real antiques!
Dinning room area
Dinning room area
Main Bedroom with double bed, on the first floor
Bedroom with double bed, on the first floor
Bedroom with 2 single beds, on the ground floor
Fully equipped kitchen
Fully equipped kitchen with all the dishes and utensils
Our kitchen - we pay attention to all the details and every corners!
Main Bathroom
Veranda - outdoors dinner table
Outdoors area, it is covered by grape trees!
Our farm 0.7 km away, guests are welcome to visit there at any time!
The farm is equipped with outdoor furnitures to relax in the nature!
Small river across the farm, all of our animals will be happy to welcome you!
Our farm 0.7 km away, it would be enjoyable to spend your day
Nearest beach Schinaria at 2km, there are many other beautiful beaches around
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
utehaehne...
Osnabruck, Germany
“Nice village house in Levkogia”
Reviewed 13 October 2018 for a stay in October 2018

We spent our holidays (2 weeks) on the wonderful island of Crete. We appreciated the familiy house with four bedrooms, well equiped and the hospitality of the landlady. We lived there with two families and we had everything we needed.
The location is located directly in the village of Levkogia, a close walk from the beach. As we were there twice we could definitely recommend the house.

233gianm
Santa Monica, California, United States
“Unprofessional Management / Stressful Vacation”
Reviewed 4 August 2018 for a stay in July 2018
person found this review helpful

Let me start by saying that I would much rather be writing a 5 star review of this villa, just like the prior reviewers who motivated us to rent the villa for 10 days. Alas, in good conscience, I cannot.

The villa is quaint in a rustic sort of way (although overrun by ants, even if you are careful about putting the food away) and it lies in the town of Lefkogeia at the end of a rambling alley full of one and two story homes, some of which are in a state of disrepair or have been half-finished and abandoned. The town of Lefkogeia itself is convenient, albeit unremarkable with the exception of the excellent Taverna Stelios, where we dined almost every night. The nearby beaches are quite nice and characterized by small to medium sized coves with some great areas for snorkeling, swimming and relaxed sunbathing.

Our group was large and included many young children and while we did our best to keep the place neat, there were times when LEGO parts, books and clothes were strewn all over the floor. Since we are the sort of people who keep our own homes clean and organized, we made it a point to tidy everything up at the end of every day. Unfortunately, due to a miscommunication, we did not realize that the proprietress, Betty, was coming by to clean the villa on a Sunday and we were caught unprepared — we had left in a hurry to visit a monastery and then the fortress at Rethymno, so the place was in a state of disarray and we intended to put our things away upon our return later that afternoon (it was, after all supposed to be a vacation!). That evening, without so much as a phone call or message via WhatsApp (we were using it to communicate with Betty), we received the following email from the booking agency, etouri:

“Ms. Betty is terribly upset by the way she found the villa today. She has been renting her villa to clients for the past ten years and she told me she has never seen the villa in such a state. The floors were full of things thrown all over the place; toys, boardgames, clothes, undergarments, to name a few. There was so much stuff everywhere she couldn’t even clean properly.

She feels you are not regardful of her villa and has asked me to inform you to please pick up after yourself, and if she finds the villa on the 1st of Aug. (next cleaning) in the state in was in today she will ask you to leave. At that point we will refund you your money for the last days.”

Notwithstanding her 1/2 apology a week later, Betty’s eviction notice and persistent needling and strange behavior unsettled all of us, kids included, and injected unnecessary stress into our vacation. I’ve travelled the world with my family and rented homes dozens of times in dozens of countries without incident. My rating as a guest on Airbnb is excellent and I make it a point to be a considerate tourist. I only wish that the villa and its management had lived up to prior reviews.

For these reasons, Villa Pente Anemoi, Betty and etouri travel earned one star from all of us.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
28 Aug 2018
I manage this villa the past 5 years and I never heard the owner Mrs. Bety so disappointed about the situation that she found the villa during the first cleaning. She pleased me to do a complaint to the guest and to ask him to respect the house otherwise we will return him the money and ask him to leave. Each property owner has the right to protect his home if a guest is not respecting it. Probably it would be good for me to ask the opinion of the guest before I complaint to him, but I trust Mrs. Bety and because I know well that she is not a "strange" or overreacting owner, I believe that the situation that she found the villa was truly a chaos. Below is the answer of Mrs. Bety (the owner) to what happened :

"I am truly sad that you ended up feeling unsettled and stressed during the last five days of your 12 nights stay, Marco! I am always doing my best to provide a carefree and relaxing holiday to the people who have chosen my properties to spend their holidays, and there are about 60 reviews for my properties in several travel sites that prove it. How could I not care about you since you were indeed a kind person! Yet you left me with no options at all since the situation that was going on during your stay was chaotic!

The people with whom you shared the house literally tore it apart! This is the third attempt to reply to your review and I decided not to get into details after all! But I will since you posted this review also in my google profile. What was going on in the house was an absolute madness! I handed over to you the schedule of the cleaning dates as you requested so there was not any miscommunication at all! The second time, only three days after the first cleaning the situation was totally out of hand! Already too many damages. Of course I called etouri and told them that we should immediately find another property for you! They persuaded me to just give you a notice! Had I insisted maybe I would have managed to save a few things before being damaged!
It can happen to anyone to break a couple of glasses or dishes! Unfortunately it is not rare to have to throw away a couple of new white towels when people take them to the beach, but there has never been a case in the past 10 years that I am renting three properties to have to deal with so many damages and such a heartless behaviour! Most of my guests are two families sharing the property often even with 5 kids at the age of yours and never ever have I found myself in such a despair! All of my guests so far have been wonderful, thoughtful and caring.

The only thing I am going to say is that I could not possibly rate your stay in the scale of nice-bad. The behaviour of your friends was not human. The only rooms that indicated human occupation were yours and the boys’ room!
It is pretty obvious though that you are not aware of the fact that people do not behave like that! Tourists, guests, do not behave like that!
Had I expected new guests on the same day you departed, I would have been in the awkward position of having to find another property for them to spend their first night and I would have to pay for it of course, as there is no excuse for not having your rental ready on time for an arrival! Gladly my new guests arrived the next day when I had just finished washing the last filthy wall!

One has to wonder, do we really have to come to the point to damage the property we are renting during our holiday in order to have fun? Does this sound fair considering that the rental properties are the investments and for some home owners -like us for example- are their main income? Does it sound really nice to say that you are organised in your own house and that you care about it but if it is about a holiday home and a limited stay you need not to care at all? Because you are on holiday? Because you will not have to pay for the damages you will cause? How noble!
Please, do not blame the kids! It is convenient but unfair! We set the example for our children! All they can do is to copy our behaviour! Since we do not care why should they?"
ankamo4
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 13 August 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We were a family of 6 with 4 kids between 4 to 15 years old. We had a fantastic stay in this incredibly beautiful house with a pretty patio that was perfect for our smaller kids to play in and for having dinner. Everything is meticulously clean and decorated with love. Betty and Elias are the best hosts ever: full of humor, generous and helpful. And so are the people of the village...we got immediate help from neighbors when our car battery died and other neighbors brought bread over. Our kids loved to visit the animals on Betty's and Elias' farm around feeding time. The little hidden beaches are gems and can be discovered by climbing or by swimming over from other beaches! If you are looking for a big resort with all inclusive animation, you are not in the right spot, if you want to enjoy Crete and its people, bath in the stunningly clear sea, relax on clean beaches and eat fresh fish, this is the place to be!

Verena M
“Authentic Cretan Holiday”
Reviewed 20 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I booked the villa 5 anemoi for a family holiday.( My dad, mum, brother, sister in law, boyfriend, me and my little nephew). We stayed at the villa for 11 days....and all I can say is that everything was so perfect. It could not have been better. Betty an Hlias (the owners) did really everything for making it the best holiday we ever had. We wanted to have a real authentic cretan holiday and not a touristic one.....and we get what we wanted.
The Villa is in a little but very beautiful village called Lefkogeia. You live just inbetween other cretan citizens, there is a small supermarket in the center, a few Tavernas so you get the real greek style.
Also the beaches are not far away and if you want to see a little bit more its also not far to Plakias where you get everything you like.
But we spend the most time at the Beaches and in the beautiful House. The house is an old cretan stone house which betty and hlias renovated at it's best i can say. It's a good mix of traditional and modern and we felt really comfortable there. Everything was so clean and Betty was coming around each day for asking if everything was ok. It felt like home for us and Hlias and Betty became friends with us (they are so nice). Especially the farm of betty and Hlias was such an adventure for my little nephew. For me you couldn't get a better place for spending your holidays. I will surely go back to this Place!!!! I Love Greece, I love Crete and I really fell in love with Lefkogeia and the Villa pente anemoi with their owners Betty and Hlias.
Thanks for making it a perfekt holiday!!!!

Verena Mack (Germany)

And not to forget, also thanks for Kostas and Sophia for organising everything and answering all questions we had. You're great!!!!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything!!!!!!!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Claire750...
Paris, France
“Nice house in a great area of Crete”
Reviewed 29 November 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We spent two weeks (3 adults and 3children) in this house. It is clean, comfortable and well-equipped. It is located in the small village of Lefkogia which has the advantage of being few touristic and having simple and cheap but good restaurants in the village center (a few minutes walk from the house)..
Several beaches are accessible by car from the house. The nearest beaches are family beaches, not crowded and very beautiful', with few buildings.
In general the landscapes around the area are great.
The owners Betty and Elias are very friendly and helpful. They welcomed us in their farm located in the nearby. The visit of this farm with all these animals in the cretian mountains was a great moment for the adults but even more for the kids.

Travelling group: En famille élargie
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing