We stayed as a family of 3 for two weeks at the beginning of July. Our room had the most amazing view, over the pool and out to the sea. The room was clean and the air con worked - especially in the 44 degree heat that we had at the beginning of the holiday!!
The restaurant and snack bar catered for all ages - loved the salad bar for lunch/dinner in the main restaurant. The self serve wines/beers and soft drinks were great and much better than having to queue at a bar.
The pool was busy every day and yes the TUI staff did come to remove the towels that had been left lying unattended. The only downside to the pool was that the swimming lessons that take place take over the kids pool for 20/30 mins at time - our little girl felt as if she had to leave the pool during this time due to the numbers of children in the lesson and also the exercises that were being carried out.
The beach was stunning - rough on the feet like the other reviews but the views at sunset were beautiful.
We would most definitely go back to this hotel and still have the holiday blues after returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- True paradise! The charm of traditional cretan village with modern resort facilities. Ideal for families and couples!11 km from the beautiful town of Chania lies one of Crete’s preserved secrets, the beautiful beach resort of Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise, situated on the graphic coastline of Platanias. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise Hotel Gerani
- Bravo Creta Paradise Platanias
- Family Life Creta Paradise By Atlantica Gerani, Crete - Chania