As with previous good reviews of this hotel I fully agree with them. Quick check-in and we were happy when we were allocated a room (2330) over the road in the supposed quiet area of the hotel. The room was what we excepted, adequate size, clean, and a nice touch of a bottle of wine and a bowl of fruit. The first issue was the balcony which provided no privacy as it was next to the walkway and faced a wall. In the evening we do like to sit out on the balcony. The second issue was the lack of hot water. This was at 7-30 in the evening so just put it down to lack of storage capacity. I mentioned this to the reception and they said they would send an engineer to sort the problem. Later in the evening they told me the water problem had been fixed. The next morning we were woken by children racing around outside the room, so after another cold shower we asked if we could move rooms, but were told that nothing was available at this time, but we could pay extra for an upgrade, which we declined. We were finally offered a different room on our 4th day in the same block. By this time the block had somewhat emptied which had resolved the water/noise issue and it had become quieter. With only 3 days left we just couldn't be bothered moving. The sister hotel and this one are basically one complex and although ours was not an 'Adults only' the complex was heaving with kids and not just under school age, mostly belonging to Scandinavians, who seem to occupy the whole of the sister hotel and part of this one, the kids club was in Scandinavian too. We also thought it odd that they could eat in our restaurants and have drinks from our bars but we could not use theirs! Good points, food good, location on beach good, but not enough beach umbrellas, Nice pool and bar areas, all the staff were pleasant. Overall the Hotel is good and offers nice surroundings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- True paradise! The charm of traditional cretan village with modern resort facilities. Ideal for families and couples!11 km from the beautiful town of Chania lies one of Crete’s preserved secrets, the beautiful beach resort of Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise, situated on the graphic coastline of Platanias. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise Hotel Gerani
- Bravo Creta Paradise Platanias
- Family Life Creta Paradise By Atlantica Gerani, Crete - Chania