Family Life Creta Paradise by Atlantica
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,005 results
All reviewsswim up roommain poolkids clubpool barevening entertainmentthomson repthe main hotelprivate poolgreat holidaygyrosmeal timesdifferent themeall inclusive hotelthe busthemed nightsentertainment teamcaldera beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 June 2011

On first impression the rooms seem great. After an overnight ferry to arrive there, all I wanted was a hot shower and there was no hot water since a large school group had arrived and used it all. The second thorn in my side was that the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom starting leaking from underneath and there was water EVERYWHERE, not to mention the spa jet had not been properly cleaned and black gunk came out with it. The leak turned out to be a simple fix, but there was no directory to find a way to call reception, so my husband had to trek down to recpetion to ask for maintenance to come and fix it. On the upside, the reception staff were very apologetic and did finally solve the problem. The cleaning staff were really polite and efficient. The breakfast was more miss than hit, it didn't lack in selection, only quality.
With some extra care to the details, this hotel could be a winner.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank AllAroundtheWorld88
Reviewed 21 June 2011

This hotel should not be in the Thompson Platinum collection, however it does provide a value for money family holiday for those not looking for the luxury that other hotels in the Platinum range offer. Below are some points that might help you to decide whether to stay at the Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise.

1. Room was very good and cleaned daily.
2. No dress code for dinner, many guests wearing shorts + flip flops etc.
3. Sunloungers are in a confined and noisy area.
4. Usual early morning towel race.
5. Food was good but never great, or hot.
6. The annimation team from Belgium provide good amateur entertainment.
7. British guests are in a minority, about 10 - 15 %.
8. Nice beach, but does not offer any activities, just sunbathing.
9. Thompson Rep always around, and helpful.
10. No currency exchange at the hotel.
11. Hotel is 3 Star, in my opinion.
12. Lots of children, and pushchairs everywhere.
13. Children are allowed to run around the dinning room.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank NickLeah
Reviewed 18 June 2011

I took my 7 and 8 year old nephews to Atlantica Caldera Creta Paradise in early May this year as a treat, and I couldn't have picked a better hotel and resort, especially for the price we paid. We did get a really good deal (£885 for the 3 of us for 1 week), but I would definitely come here again if I was bringing children, and pay more.

I rarely do all-inclusive types of holidays but as I was bringing my nephews, I wanted everything to be very easy and resort-based, with a hotel that had everything to meet their needs which I didn't have to stray from too often. This hotel was brilliant for them. There is a decent kids' club and playground, and the swimming pools are lovely - it's a particular bonus that you get to share facilities with the sister hotel next door, since they have a children's water slide that my nephews loved.

There is one pool especially suited to families because it has a very shallow incline, so kids can play without being too deep. This pool is also close to the playground and a grassy area (that the kids play footie on), so parents can lie by it, relax, and still keep an eye out on the children. Because I was travelling as a lone adult, this was especially good for me without another adult to share the burden.

I found the food to be very good here and was impressed. There were huge amounts of choice and it was very fresh. At lunch, the amount of fresh salad and vegetables available was excellent, and the kids loved the desserts. Also, drinks on all-inclusive were fine - the cocktails were not up to much really but the house wine and beer was good. You could get coffee, tea, water etc all the time pretty much.

Our room was a bit cramped for the three of us, I have to say. I couldn't really afford to upgrade us to a larger room but we did have a balcony that gave some extra space (for the inflatable croc we bought!). Still, it didn't really spoil our enjoyment and we rarely spent any time in the room, so it didn't matter! The beds and the pillows were really comfy, and the air-con worked fine. We slept like logs.

The beach is dark, pebbly sand and hurts your feet a bit getting into the water! But it's clean, and still nice. I didn't spend any real time here though because the kids were always in the playground or at the pools.

The main downside was checking in - this was a real pain as all the coaches arrived at once and there was a huge queue leading right outside the hotel and down the steps. Having to lug the boys' cases up as well as my own while trying to stay in the queue was not easy, and I felt pretty frazzled by the time we got our room and found it (the hotel is very large), which must have been more than an hour after arriving at the hotel.

The resort of Gerani itself is a bit of a non-resort, just a street and a couple of holiday-shops and supermarkets. The resort of Platanias though is about a 20 minute walk away (taxi 7 Euros), and very bustling with lots of bars, restaurants etc. It's easy to get a bus to Chania though (2 Euros pp), which is worth doing because the town is extremely pretty with a lot to see and a wonderful market. We spent a day in Chania and I really loved it, but the holiday was about my nephews hence why I was happy to stay in the hotel mostly.

Don't come here if you want to avoid families and children! It's VERY much a family hotel - if you are a family though and like a holiday based with the hotel complex, then I totally recommend. I went home feeling very relaxed and like I'd had a holiday, which was amazing considering it was just me and two very active boys!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank LilyLarkin
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Just arrived home after two weeks at this hotel . I do wonder what planet some people are one sometimes ! If you don't want kids then don't choose school holiday times ! We were lucky because we had a room in the block across the road which was quiet and had its own small pool. Yes there were kids there too but really not a problem ! My friends and I have holidayed all inclusive for 13 years and this was the best food we have had. Full English breakfast every day if you so desire ! The rooms were fine and very clean. The staff were all very efficient and friendly. The main pool was pretty packed but it didn't seem to be much of a problem getting beds and the beach had ample beds all day and it was a very nice beach. The hotel was well located as it was just a ten minute walk into town or you could get a bus into Chania which took about 30 minutes. Immediately outside the hotel you could pick up a little train that had about 6 different excursions and was very reasonable. Our rep Zara was the best rep we had ever come across and she had only been doing the job 5 weeks ! Nothing was too much bother for her . If you are going to this hotel soon and fly with Thomson take her some quavers, marmite or chocolate fingers because she's missing them. Only one critism is that the bath towels are small. I did mention to the manager at the cocktail party and he said they were more sexy. I did point out that that wasn't a lot of use to three ladies in there mid 50's sharing a room ! All in all it was a good holiday in a lovely hotel and I would recommend it.

Room Tip: ask for a room across the road as they are quiete.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank gosportlass
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Just arrived back last night and had to write to say thought hotel lovely, food was the best I have had In the last 10 years.

Hotel is kept very clean and my room was very well equipped.

All the staff are very helpful and cheerful.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends