When leaving for Port Zelande on the 22nd with my wife and 14 year old son I was
somewaht apprehensive based on the overall markings of the park.
I think anybody contemplating visiting Port Zelande should have in mind that
this is not the equivalent of an English full blown Centre Park. It does have
all the things you would expect but they are on a smaller scale. HOWEVER - the
price absolutely reflects this fact!!!!!!
Perhaps the overall assessment of the park stems from a comparison to a full
centre park like Longleat. This is where a little perspective is required: to
take us 3 to Longleat in the middle of the school holidays for a week would have
cost £1500 - £1600 whereas Port Zelande cost us £800 including the Stena line
Having stayed in various caravans and tents on the continent over the years I
think the fairer comparison is to these sort of holidays which for the same
price give you one pool with one or two slides, many fewer other amenities and a
far worse living area, be it caravan or tent.
Having given the context there are some specifics that you should know:
1. Get a Marina view with your preference location - the marina is very
picturesque and provides a constant point of interest from your balcony (in our
case) or patio.
2. The 4 free toppings provided when you book are really useful we went bowling
twice and saved 20 euros each time.
3. Food is expensive but it always is in Centre Parks so get in the car and
shop in Ouddorp at the C1000
4. The Market Restaurant provides buffets at 25 euros a time which is expensive
but if you have kids under 12 they eat free. If you want this sort of meal then
the Petit Paris Bistro does a 19 euro buffet and is just outside the camp
5. To get there consider the Harwich - Hook of Holland Stena Ferry which in
comparison to Britanny Ferries is miles better and was quite quiet and realxed
both in and out and leaves you just 40 miles to drive in Holland
6. In France we just about muddle through the language based on schooldays and
the similarity of some words in french and english. In Holland this does not
work and we were totally at sea with road signs, menus etc so do a little
research before you go or else take a phrasebook.
7. Be aware that you will be very much in the minority as English people. The
park is predominantly Dutch, German and Belgium and therefore young kids are
not likely to "pal up" at the pool.
8. There is a massive sandy beach just outside the camp so bring buckets,
spades and kites
All in all we really enjoyed our stay the site does need a lick of paint in
places and new carpets etc but it is EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Center Parcs Port Zelande reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Center Parcs Port Zelande Hotel Ouddorp