2,894 results
All reviews salt water main pool main restaurant beach bar animation team ice cream family room superior room thomas cook days in advance booking system walk along the beach greek restaurant great holiday a la carte restaurants souvlaki bar kebab
Reviewed 25 September 2016

We stayed at the hotel for a week with our grandson He loved it we loved it every thing you needed . Lovely room nice size and clean food was very good plenty of choice there was food all day from one place or another. Good family entertainment every night and in the day things to do for all .Right on the beach with pedal boats .We all loved our week .We traveled in August 2015

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2016

Me and my family (8 and a baby) stayed here during the later part of September and had a really great time. The hotel is beautiful with all the comforts of a great family resort. The rooms are quite basic, however, with a hotel like this, you're not expected to spend a great deal of time in the room, so its clear to see that any money has been spent elsewhere.

The main restaurant, bars, beach, creperie (!!) and beach restaurants are all fantastic, offering a wide selection of different food and drink - If you get a chance and there is a large party of you, I thoroughly recommend the Greek A-La-Carte restaurant on the beach - Order yourselves the Mezze and enjoy the evening! I can promise that you wont leave hungry...

The hotels 'Animation' team put on a great show every day for the guests, and there are many things to do around the resort on a daily basis. I think it would have been nice for there to be some kind of evening entertainment in the indoor 'theatre' in the main building rather than always in the outdoor one, however, this may have been due the the time of the year and the warm weather.

The staff were fantastic and very friendly and attentive despite working hard every day, we always received a warm welcome wherever we were going in the resort.

My only reservation would be the location of the resort as it is placed quite far away from major attractions/destinations on the island, although this is not anybody's fault and shouldn't put you off. There is plenty to do in the resort, however, you may (or at least we did..) find the need to get out and about. Your rep will likely visit you at the hotel at some point to sell you excursions, however, if you're up for it, take a stroll down Roda Beach (Very pretty) and in 15 minutes you're in the main Roda town which has plenty of little shops, taverna's etc - You can find great deals on excursions there.

All in all, a great base, and if you like a relaxing holiday where you spend much of the time in the resort, this place offers fantastic facilities at a great price. I would definitely return.

I think I may try another Mitsis hotel too!

See you soon Greece.

Room Tip: Request one of the rooms down by the beach if possible!
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank NedSheikh
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Visited the mitis roda on the 2 Sept 2016 when I booked I told them I recently had a knee operation so I had to have a room on the flat. but when we got there it was in the early hours of the morning the room they gave was at the top of a very steep hill with loads of steps was not impressed, went to the reception in the morning they said come back tomorrow so we did we got the same answer this went on for 5 days the rep was very shocked I hadn't had the room change the receptionist were very rude and not very helpful.
the food was very much the same every day, the French and Germans who they very much catered for was very arrigant and rude they pushed you out of the way, the pools was full of salt and made your eye sting and sore.
I wouldn't class this hotel as a 5 star it's more of a 3star not impressed at all with the hotel of staff

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank sharron s
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Lovely hotel. The staff are so nice here. The hotel is very very clean the people who clean your room can't do enough for u and clean everyday. The food is nice and different varieties. I would definitely go back here.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

The hotel and staff are amazing. Very clean. Very friendly. The 3 Al la carte restaurants on the beach are fantastic although can be quite difficult to get a table because they get quite full. The food was cooked fresh in front of you and tasted good. The pools were great, very cold and salty but you get used to it (take goggles) to stop your eyes from stinging. Plenty of activities to do in the day around the pool and on the beach, also tennis courts. The only downside we found was the evening entertainment but the animation team work very hard. Maybe some outside entertainment a few nights. The poolside kebabs and pizza were lovely. The crepe bar was open from 10am until 1:45am also cooked fresh while you wait. Ice cream and cakes also.
Overall a lovely hotel with fantastic staff and facilities. We didn't use the spa so cannot comment.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family