All reviewsroom hotelrooms have sea viewblue crab raviolisouth endbig rockminutes walkingkoh samuisorbetsmall hotelfavorite hotelrock formationshotel arrangedtea coffeepaid bahtother hotelswalk along the beachlamai town
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Beluga for 8 nights in August 2017. It is a great place to unwind and relax. The breakfast was the best I have ever had in Thailand. The food in the restaurant was delicious. The staff were fantastic, always engaging with the guests and making sure that everyone was happy. The Thai cooking class was fun, you are shown how to cook two dishes and then try them. All the teams were working very hard, the reception staff, the bar and restaurant staff and housekeeping who were fabulous. The staff were quick to divert people in search of the grandfather and grandmother rocks off the premises. The whole atmosphere is tranquil and relaxing. All the staff are great but we especially connected with Pom and So, there warmth and kindness was second to none. We highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We had 5-d stay in August
Simply excellent thanks to the high quality of personnel and care of details.... such as flower in the shoes or waiters bringing you the towel while in the pool.
Hotel is at the end of Lamai beach next to the rocks. Despite it is not so close to nightlife in Lamai, for me it is the best position on Lamai beach as water is crystal and deep even if with some stones.
Rooms are small but well designed and built. Only upstairs rooms have sea view. Downstairs rooms are on the pool.
One of the best breakfast I have ever had during my life... better than in many 5-star hotels and without the horrible "buffet" formula.... fruits, fresh juices, fresh cakes, egg, European style bread, cheese and cappuccino (or alternatively cold coffee)
Prices are not low but it is fairly good value for money. It is generally better to reserve on their website or through email rather than through the web agencies.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Being greeted on arrival with a wet towel and a bowl of sorbet was an amazing first impression of this resort!

The staff exceeded expectations! Lugging the suitcases up and down from the rooms! Always arranging the parasols to ensure we were in shade and also being very kind!

The food/drink is kept on a tab which is paid towards the end and can be paid by card! Happy hour was short and sparse but still nice!

The landscape is beautiful and the rooms amazing! Hot showers, tea and coffee, bath robes etc

Wifi was weak and temperamental at times

Location is about a 25min walk to the night life if that is what you want!

We paid 600 baht to get back to the main pier!

Overall would recommend for a nice relaxing break away from the madness!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

During my trip to Koh Samui I stayed at Beluga Boutique Hotel for more than 14 days. I was actually planning to only stay for 8 nights but after my second day I felt so comfortable that I extended my visit.

The hotel is in the end of Lamai, right by the beautiful Hin Ta Hin Ya sight and the hotel is actually built on the same rock formations which is really interesting.

The rooms are tastefully furnished with modern amenities such as flat screen tv, Wi-Fi, mini bar, air-con and much more. The bed is large, comfortable and you will get a good night sleep for sure. The view from the room is breath taking.

The hotel restaurant serves both thai and western oriented food with high standards. The breakfast had a very good variation with fresh fruit every day and fresh mango juice. The bar and the bartenders make the best drinks with some of their signature drinks such as the Midori Sour, which I can strongly recommend.

The hotel facilities are in high class, clean and well maintained. The pool with the mineral water is just perfect and the view from the pool is flawless!

The hotel staff is incredibly service oriented ant they are very polite, attentive, and caring! They always strive to give you that little extra with a smile on their faces. I felt very welcome by the staff as they knew my name, learned everything from how I like my morning coffee to my favourite drinks. They speak very good English and some even speak French.

If you are looking for a place that is quiet, with great service and with high standards then I would strongly recommend Beluga Boutique Hotel!

They also have cooking classes where the chef teaches you how to cook Thai dishes! This was super fun and I enjoyed it a lot!

Thanks Beluga team for everything and I will for sure visit you soon again!

Room Tip: Second floor has a beautiful view of the beach and the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Sam P
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I visited the Beluga for a 4 night stay with my partner. The staff are very good. They were always helpful, courteous and chatty. The manager was responsive to my messages and assisted with transfers that were both of a very high quality and good value.

However, whilst the hotel talks of a 'no child policy' they are not legally allowed to refuse children entry which meant that one afternoon our pool time was spoiled by a noisy family turning up. So it's a 'no child' policy that is non enforceable.

The hotel is small and compact and whilst this gives it a cozy feeling, be aware that the ground floor rooms are just feet away from the pool with the 2nd floor rooms looking directly into the pool.

We had an included breakfast that was good quality but it was a lot and it all just came without us asking. I'm not one to snub generous helpings of food but we felt uncomfortable leaving so much.

Room Tip: Ask for corner room
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple