This resort is away from the busy beaches and town and provides a tranquil getaway. As you would expect for the Meridien it is very well maintained. The pool is nice and big enough and looks onto the beach which works well as the beach is not really for swimming in, in fact, the beach is horrible. However the main swimming beaches are only about 10 minute drive away.
The main entrance area is very nice with a pond from which guests can light lanterns each evening.
We stayed in a Terrace Suite that was well maintained and quite large and the amenities are what you would expect for a 5 star resort, i.e. very good. There is only one restaurant, located near the pool. Breakfasts are excellent with good selection of food as well as eggs made to order.
What made the stay with us was the friendliness and support of the staff. My wife injured herself on a snorkeling trip during our stay, when we returned to the resort the assistance staff gave us was exceptional. They drove us to the local pharmacy and later in the evening a fruit basket was delivered to our room with a card wishing my wife well from the management. While some would say that such level of service is expected from the Meridien, the fact of the matter is that they delivered on that service which was great!
Overall an excellent resort made even better by the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Starwood APAC, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ctrip TA and Prestigia so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach