You know those hotel surveys that ask insipid questions like: "were you enchanted by your stay", or "did the staff make you feel appreciated"?
Well, this time, we were and they did. This was possibly the best hotel experience we have had, and we thoroughly enjoyed both of our one-night stays. I was travelling with my wife in March 2012.
-the staff, from Tina Liu the manager right on down to the porters, are excellent, friendly, professional, and extremely well trained
-the complex is very well designed and beautiful
-the hotel treats platinum members very well (above and beyond the TOC)
-the pool access suites are a great balance of privacy and pool access
-the breakfast is very good but not quite as good as the St Regis Bangkok (for reference)
-the pool/beach/floating dock are great
-the lantern launching ceremony, although it sounds a bit cheesy, is actually a beautiful and moving experience. Highly recommended and an amazing touch
-lots of complimentary water (we got up to 12 bottles a day including the turn-down service)
-the wifi internet access was weak and intermittent during both our stays
-the hotel is quite far from Lamai, about a 25 minute walk, so renting transport or taking taxis is necessary
-lots of staircases, so certainly not barrier-free (not a problem for us, but would be a deal-breaker for anyone with mobility issues)
-people seemed to be reserving sun loungers with towels and not using them while preventing other guests from enjoying them. I would recommend the hotel start preventing this behaviour (the St Regis in Bangkok has a good system: any items left unattended for more than 30 minutes are cleared away by staff)
This is an excellent resort that takes very good care of its guests. I was originally a bit worried after reading some of the less favourable reviews here on tripadvisor, but our experience was fantastic.
I would recommend raising any issues you have immediately with the manager, as she is very visible (came and said hello both times at breakfast).
One possible caveat is that the resort seemed fairly empty when we were there, so we had a very quiet and peaceful experience. I can imagine this being different if the resort was full.
However, we loved Le Meridien Koh Samui, and will definitely be back here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on an idyllic stretch of exclusive Lamai Beach, Le Méridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa is a chic and intimate resort with a unique blend of stylish amenities, luxury services, an inspiring atmosphere and rich, cultural experiences. Inspired by timeless beauty and diverse cultural influences, the resort features an intimate selection of 64 suites and 14 stand alone villas, some with their own private plunge pools, infinity pools, limitless ocean views and private dining pavilions. Each exquisitely appointed with the most modern in-room facilities, high ceilings, expansive windows and open-air bathrooms. The resort features the Le Méridien signature arrival experience programme; an inspiring restaurant concept: Latest Recipe; and the savvy lobby lounge bar Latitude 9, the resort poolside Plunge Bar as well as the world-class luxury Le SPA.Reflect and relax at the world-class luxury Le SPA, with a customized menu of rejuvenating experiences that combine ancient cultural methods and ingredients to revitalize mind, body and spirit. A beautiful oceanfront infinity pool and expansive deck offers a stylish daytime retreat for a refreshing swim with spectacular ocean views. Guests can stay fit in the state-of-the-art fitness center, offering the latest and best exercise equipment and daily Yoga and Pilates classes. Relax by day on the resorts 224-meter floating pier that extends over the Gulf of Thailand and by night, enjoy a unique and sophisticated venue for an exclusive dinner, celebratory cocktails or engage with other well travelled new friends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Starwood APAC, Prestigia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort And Spa
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Hotel Lamai Beach
- Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa Ko Samui/Lamai Beach