“Perfect stay and we wanted for nothing!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Villa Kerasi

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Smashing plates, squeezing oranges, mixing drinks
Fresh orange juice
To the beach
Villa exterior
Fresh water shower by the pool
Lost champagne
Beautiful view from the Castro (top of Skopelos town)
Agios Ioannis (Mama Mia Church)
Stafilos, a few kilometers up the road
Stunning views everywhere
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Hattie S
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect stay and we wanted for nothing!”
Reviewed 22 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

I have never booked a holiday of this scale before and with the help of Tripadvisor I was able to search many places. Villa Kerasi seemed the best to us, the value for money and private pool was a bonus, as was the invaluable information from the Host Cheryl who made it very easy to contact her and ask questions. She was extremely accommodating.

It not very easy to work out how to get to Skopelos from London without breaking the bank, but a quick visit to Martin Lewis Money Expert website suggest I use a charter flight company to book smaller flights. He suggested www.cosmos.co.uk and from an estimated £750 average for flights only to Skiathos with travel agent websites, I got single flights out to Skiathos for under £350 for both me and my boyfriend.

You then have to get a boat from Skiathos to Skopelos and ours was cancelled. This was a worry as I was meant to pick up my hire car, (an essential,but more about that later) and meet the Greek managers of the property who were to show us to the Villa. By the time our boat would get into Skopelos it would be late on a sunday night. We had only an hour sleep from leaving London and working the night before and the thought of driving a different car on the different side of the road petrified me. But, nothing was too much of a hassle for anyone. I messaged Cheryl who then phoned the managers Kostas and Deanna who met us at the port after we finally arrived, with the nice car rental man Giannis, (Magic Cars Rental) car ready to go. The paperwork didn't take too much tim and then Deanna drove the car up to the house for us so it was all ready for us the next day.

The house is modern and impressively clean and fresh but it has stayed true to some aspects of Greek architecture and design making it a homely holiday rental as opposed to just another holiday build. The pool overlooks the town and the harbour with numerous tables and chairs on balconies and verandas from which to enjoy the view. Each of the four bedrooms are brilliantly clean and well designed and all are en suite. The lounge is spacious and the cooking facilities are amazing. As the title suggests, we wanted for nothing.There were even books and games to suit all ages.

Although this is a large house made for a large family, it was equally suitable for just the two of us. We escaped London, our jobs, noise and technology, (admittedly we were regulars for wifi at a local bar as we couldn't leave our business fully unattended) and we spent time with each other. We saw the sights in a cool car from beaches to panoramas to wonderful meals, ( Agnanti in Loutraki is a meal I will not forget in a long time) to nice bars etc. We didn't go full out on boat trips or kayaking or anything too strenuous as we were there to chill but all of that is on the island.

In a nutshell: We achieved all we wanted for our holiday. We relaxed, we had a private pool, we saw some things from Mamma Mia, we ate and drank Greek stylie. I grew used to driving on the opposite side of the road up some of the most steep hills I have ever seen, going off-road by accident and finding it a lot of fun, to driving coastal roads with beautiful scenery. I became very fond of the local donuts with honey which is amazing as I never liked donuts or honey.One final thing to mention, whilst the drive to the property is steep, it is still walkable to town. Downhill is much quicker and took less than half an hour to stroll down, a lot longer to walk back up but its a chance to walk off those donuts! Torches are provided. As an added bonus there were a pair of sparrows, (we think) who had made a nest nearby and flew overhead whilst taking a swim which was idyllic.

Thank you Cheryl and team for such a great holiday!

If you are looking for a quiet but not altogether isolated Greek experience with amazing value for money, this Villa is for you.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peace. Style. Facilities. Scenery. Pretty much everything.
Liked least: Having to move to get another beer.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
10 Sep 2015
Thanks for the wonderful review! I really enjoyed reading about all your adventures on the island, I could picture everything you mentioned. I hope you have the chance to visit beautiful Skopelos again and thank you for staying with us! Cheryl
Anastasia...
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Simply Beautiful”
Reviewed 23 April 2015 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

It was one remarkable experience. The villa is situated a little up above Skopelos port and that gives you a breathtaking and unblock view of the island. It is beautiful during the day especially in the morning. There are plenty of rooms if you are travelling with family. Each room is decorated very nicely and makes you feel like home. The master bedroom is quite spacious and I personally love how each time I woke up to see the wind blowing the curtains whilst allowing in the summer breeze. There are cooking utensils available if you want to enjoy light meals, but if you don't, there are plenty cafes and restaurants just down at the port.
I will return back this year and hopefully every summer.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view
Liked least: I don't think I have anything I like least
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
25 May 2015
Thank you very much for your wonderful review! We're so glad you enjoyed our villa as much as we do. We look forward to hosting you again this summer!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing