We stayed here for 7 nights from Wednesday 27.09.2017 till Wednesday 04.10.2017 and the Cavo Spada hotel and its staff could not have have been better.
On checking in (after a hot and cramped transfer from Chania airport) we were presented with complementary glasses of orange juice and sparkling wine. Our cases were then taken to our room by a very smart and polite male employee.
We had room 103 (on the first floor facing East) with a balcony overlooking the private pool rooms below. It was possible to see the sea however the view was mainly of the tall crop fields with the mountains in the distance. Our room was very spacious, clean and had plenty of storage space. The bathroom had both a large walk in shower and small bath. The flatscreen TV on the wall was dated and had only two English channels and no USB connectivity.
As we were all inclusive the majority of our meals were eaten in the Arsenali main restaurant (a self service buffet). Neither my wife nor I are fussy eaters so dilemma every meal time was what not eat. Everything looked freshly cooked and selection was brilliant every time. The front of house head 'Georgia' was always friendly, welcoming, approachable whilst ensuring that we were shown to our table and had plenty to drink.
The bar and lounge area is very spacious with plenty of comfortable sofas and chairs to relax on with a few drinks post dinner. The two main members of staff 'Popi' and 'Panos' are both very efficient which ensured we never waited very long to get served. Watch out, when Panos gets to know you the measures of Metaxa start getting really huge.
The main swimming pool is large but unheated and is about 110cm in depth all over. The pool bar in the middle makes it very convenient for more drinks throughout the afternoon. All of the sunbeds looked new and came with an optional plastic coated mattress for added comfort. There also appeared to be two guys collecting and disinfecting the mattresses at the end of each day.
A few very minor things to be aware of before staying at the Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa:
1) Don't bother with the A LA CARTE AZZURO RESTAURANT. All inclusive guests are entitled to one meal in here as part of their stay. The food was inferior to the Arsenali buffet restaurant + the staff clearly don't understand how to stock red wine as our bottle (which was not part of the inclusive and therefore had to be paid for) had a layer of cork sediment in the bottom.
2) If your looking to rent a car don't do it through the hotel (lowest rate €55 per day). Walk to the end of the main drive and turn right. Just further down the road is place called Modus rent a car and speak to Mike. We picked up a Citroen C3 for €30 for the day.
3) The disabled access around the hotel is not great. Most of the ramps looked as though they had been thrown together as an after thought and were constructed of flimsy ply wood. A wheel chair user will struggle here + there is only one lift in the whole complex.
4) The private pool rooms on the east side of the hotel (below our room) are definitely not private and are over looked. The two Swedish women who jumped naked into their pool one evening clearly had no idea that I was drinking beer on my balcony.
I very much hope to return to the Cavo Spada Luxury Resort, Kolimbari in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa is located 18kms west of the picturesque city of Chania. Its location combines in a unique way the beauty and tranquility of the Cretan Archipelagos with the unsurpassed charm of the famous Old Venetian town which is only a short drive away. Positioned on the west side of the Gulf of Chania, the hotel is built on a long stretch of beach, offering magnificent view of the Gulf of Chania and of Cape Spada. The latter is a spectacular rocky cape after which our hotel was named. The hotel is spread over a 65,000 m2 private property, hence offering ample space for all the guests to enjoy their holidays in one of the 150 rooms that the hotel has to offer. Being part of one of the oldest and most respected hotel companies of Chania, the Giannoulis Hotels & Resorts, Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa is the epitome of our experience in providing holidays of unprecedented quality and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavo Spada Luxury Resort And Spa
- Cavo Spada Luxury Hotel Chania Town
- Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa Kolymbari, Crete - Chania