Just returned from a 1 week all inclusive holiday at the Cavo Spada Resort and Spa (Nice hotel but not luxury) This hotel is a nice hotel but over rated (not 5 star). After a 13 hour overnight journey my wife and I arrived at about 07:30am only to be told our room won't be ready until 14:00hrs!! Not a good start!! We found the receptionist Maria very unfriendly and unhelpful. While our room was being prepared we had a look around the complex.It was a nice Hotel but it was evident that it was not a 5 star resort. We went into the restaurant and our first observation was that the waiters were very scruffy and there clothing was grubby and ill fitting. The manager of the restaurant Antonio is a really lovely, friendly person and is a credit to the hotel, he is attentive and very helpful.
Over the week we observed the hotel staff and it was evident that the room maids dressed smarter than the restaurant staff! Upon arrival we upgraded to Ultra all inclusive at a cost of 25 euros per person per day (350 for the week) GOOD IDEA AT THE TIME BUT NOT WORTH IT! You don't get much more for your money!! Bath robes we had to ask for. Basket of fruit was a apple, mango and banana wrapped in plastic.
On a positive note, there are plenty of sun beds and you don't have to get up at silly o'clock to get one. The pool/beach towels are in better condition than the room towels the room towels are all frayed and have seen better days. We visited the Spa to book a massage and it was very obvious that the staff were not very friendly! My wife and I felt we were being a burden as we wanted to book treatments together, this was not possible so we did not bother.
The room we were allocated was at the rear of the complex overlooking the tennis courts, the room constantly smelled of drainage especially in the bathroom. Incidentally if you are allocated one of these rooms be prepared to be woken/kept awake by barking dogs (every night) it's like a chain reaction, one starts and several others follow and it goes on and on for most of the night and every night!!
Despite all of this we had a nice relaxing break. Would I recommend the hotel?..No. Would I go back?...No.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa is located 18kms west of the picturesque city of Chania. Its location combines in a unique way the beauty and tranquility of the Cretan Archipelagos with the unsurpassed charm of the famous Old Venetian town which is only a short drive away. Positioned on the west side of the Gulf of Chania, the hotel is built on a long stretch of beach, offering magnificent view of the Gulf of Chania and of Cape Spada. The latter is a spectacular rocky cape after which our hotel was named. The hotel is spread over a 65,000 m2 private property, hence offering ample space for all the guests to enjoy their holidays in one of the 150 rooms that the hotel has to offer. Being part of one of the oldest and most respected hotel companies of Chania, the Giannoulis Hotels & Resorts, Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa is the epitome of our experience in providing holidays of unprecedented quality and comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cavo Spada Luxury Resort And Spa
- Cavo Spada Luxury Hotel Chania Town
- Cavo Spada Luxury Resort & Spa Kolymbari, Crete - Chania