“Tranquility on Top of the World”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Casa La Torre

Basilica of S. Francesco in Assisi
Panoramic View of Macerino Village
The forest and the Hills surrounding Macerino
Breath Taking View from the Terrace - Solarium
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Julia-Del...
Waihi Beach
“Tranquility on Top of the World”
Reviewed 29 January 2014 for a stay in September 2013
person found this review helpful

My Husband and I stayed in this beautifully and authentically restored old house for 3 weeks through Sept & Oct, 2013. (I thought I had already posted my review but on checking tripadvisor pages found that for some reason the review had not been placed - so here I go again)
What can I say - from the moment we stepped inside we were thrilled with our choice of Italian home for 3 weeks. Our hosts Donna Maria and Franco were charming and welcomed us with an excellent bottle of wine and homemade cake. The house is situated in a tiny village with 2 restaurants (one a short distance from the village itself) and a shop with local produce and a few necessities.
A car is an absolute must and allowed us each day to travel to other nearby ancient villages and towns, to sight see, dine, shop and replenish our pantry and wine supplies
The village of Macerino is quiet with few full time residents and little English is spoken. However we became acquainted with everyone on our daily walks including Zara a local canine character whom I am sure understood every English word spoken in relation to treats and food morsels.
If partying and social interaction is your thing then this place is not for you, but if like us you want to be immersed in a village then this is a gorgeous retreat. No internet nor particularly good phone reception and I would definitely recommend you bring a hard drive of movies for your entertainment - would be great for 2 couples

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The peace and quiet - gorgeous decor
Liked least: Driving up and down the mountain road (probably my husbands driving technique tho)
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing