See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 July 2009

The staff were all very attentive and helpful, excellent service! The rooms were in excellent condition and always clean. The owners stayed up late to receive us (we got lost a few times trying to find the hotel). They also helped us next morning with directions to Florence and provided with us an excellent breakfast. Hoping to go back and stay longer sometime soon.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank HappyAustinites
Reviewed 20 May 2009

I'm not sure I know where to begin. Our experience here has left us with wonderful memories of the managers, staff and the location. I would recommend making the trek into the Tuscan woods to stay at this hotel. We rented a car and drove from Rome (make sure you have good GPS). What a spectacular drive.
From the moment we arrived we were impressed. The building is beautiful. Was once a house for the Nun's. The Abbey is right across the road. The forest is around the corner. Medieval towns are a short drive away.

Let me say that the managers of the property are wonderful wonderful people. They made our stay memorable, and helped us with any questions we had. (Thank you Alessandra & family) The front desk staff were also fabulous; providing us with map's, bus & train schedules etc. Then there is the Chef, Guido. Mamma Mia is all I can say. Make sure you have dinner at the hotel. He is a fabulous cook, and will treat you like you are royalty. We certainly felt special. Oh, and his home made wine (from his own vineyard) is spectacular.

The rooms have everything you could need, are spotless, and very comfortable. We had a view of the Abbey, which made the stay even more enjoyable. Imagine waking up to only the birds chirping, the Tuscan sunrise, and those wonderful rolling hills...

If I ever get up this way again, I will absolutely be staying here. I already miss the family, and Guido's cooking!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank melary
Reviewed 15 May 2009

Very nice hotel. Very quiet rural location. Directly across from picturesque Abbey. In the middle of a National Park area. Be sure to have a good map to find it. 3,000 ft elevation makes it much cooler than Florence. We were there in May, may be much more popular in summer.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bschne1909
Reviewed 29 April 2009

I booked this hotel for an Anniversary weekend. I emailed the hotel and asked if it would be possible for flowers to be in the room as a surprise, this was carried out without fuss or worry. The Staff were excellent (they spoke very good English, much better than my Italian), the hotel is in a beautiful part of the world, out of the way and quiet. The room was clean and tidy and kept that way by daily cleaning. The food served was of an excellent standard. We were given a lot of advice about where to visit and the best and cheapest way of doing that trip, such as taking the train to Florence instead of driving and paying lots of parking fees. Overall I am very impressed with everything about this Hotel and would gladly recommend it to anyone and will hopefully be going back in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2008

We stayed a couple of nights with a group for a wedding. The place is very beautiful, the hotel in itself is nice, but the owners are not at the standard to manage an hotel. They will not take care of you, you'll find dirty towels and air conditioning not working but they'll find every reasons to ask you more money, and, basically, is expensive. The restaurant, however, is very good. - tripsdvisor staff, you can correct language mistakes, thank you

2  Thank marioge
almadoni, proprietario at Hotel La Foresta, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2008

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, maybe you refer to another hotel, are you sure you are speaking abt HOTEL LA FORESTA, VALLOMBROSA, FIRENZE, Italy?
If really you are writing abt my hotel, I am glad to reiburser you for the stay. I only ask you pls to tell every problem directly to the management and not only to wrrite bad survey which can really damage our work!
I am astonished to know this problem because all the foreign customers has been here thanks to Internet and you can read on Booking, Venere etc our survey...
I have taken the management since May 2008 and I assure you that I work hard to beeter this hotel so please wirte directly to me: info@hotellaforesta.it and I will be glad to answer you.
Alessandra