See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 September 2016

A wonderful family friendly gem! Incredible food and service! Beautiful swimming area and gardens! Located a short walk from the hotel's beach and a very short bus ride to beautiful Tropea. Shuttle service is also offered by hotel.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank adamjp2016
Reviewed 30 August 2016

We found it a very hard slog to stay here. First room offered was like a prison cell but they moved us later on. Took out a package for 7 nights for meals which we thought was OK but don't bother food very basic and the waiting staff are rude. We attended the calabria night and the waiting staff put your room number on the table no choice of where you would like to sit. They put us right next to the smoking hot barbecue which we refused to sit there and from then on we were treated like criminals. Reception staff ignorant bury their heads rather than even smile at you. We were treated very poorly I don't think I have ever felt so isolated we didn't want to eat here in the end and gave back our voucher. The only nice thing is the pool and gardens other than that I don't think it was worth the expense. You have to pay for a friDge, they put 2 euro service charge per person for everything our bill at the end just didn't tally up but for such poor waiting service told them noway and related train the miserable staff.

Stayed: August 2016
1  Thank bevjackson770
Reviewed 25 March 2016

We stayed here last September for two weeks and it was one of the most relaxing holidays we have ever had. We had stayed in Calabria about nine years ago and loved it but we're able to fly from Manchester which was really easy, now we have to go to stansted, stay overnight and fly with Ryanair which was not a good experience (watch flights for 50p on u tube and you will understand what I mean!) however the hassle was worth it when we arrived at this delightful family hotel. We had the front room overlooking the beach which was small but worth it for the view. The receptionist Ursula was very helpful and efficient and we had a lot of fun with Franco the head waiter. The swimming pool is lovely and you can see the sea as you swim. The food is simple country cooking and there are different restaurants to try. There is not a lot to see or do but it is a beautiful unspoilt area and Tropea is worth visiting.

Room Tip: There are two new rooms with good views more expensive than the rest.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Janetberry123
Reviewed 25 September 2015

A lovely traditional hotel. We stayed in one of the detached villa's which was a classic white washed block with large rooms, air conditioning and a great view out to see.
The hotel is a short 10 minutes walk down to the beach however they do run a shuttle bus.
There is a good sized pool with pool bar and the restaurant is beautifully positioned on an open veranda so you truly feel as if you are on holiday. There is a limited choice for food (fish or meat dish) however the food taste lovely and this is a great way to dine. You will not go hungry. Breakfast is the traditional continental buffet.
Opposite the hotel is a bar with a balcony looking out across the sea to Sicily - a great way to finish the evening.
The staff are very pleasant and accommodating.
I would highly recommend this hotel for a great stay in Southern Italy.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view. Many of the rooms both in the hotel and in the villa's have these
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank localyomyom
Reviewed 18 May 2015

I travelled alone, in end of May, beginning of June 2014. This place is safe for single woman.

I would recommend this place to anyone who likes genuine Italian food. They have Italians staying at this hotel, which is always a great sign, The brothers who own this place are wonderful. Before even arriving at the hotel I strained my ancle my first day on my vacation and they asked me if I wanted to see a doctor or go to the pharmacy and they took me there.

They always asked me and the other guests how we were. I would ask them places to go and see and they would recommend the italian places to go and see not the tourist attractions, I would be very clear that I wanted to see how they lived there, I would ask them where they would go and eat and what they would go and see on their time off.

I love to explore the country and culture from the people, not the tourist attractions. I love to walk even with a strained ancle, I walked to the train station from the hotel which took around 10-15 min and went to Rizzo (known for their icecream), Tropea (more of a tourist place), Scilla (amazing houses and beach) and Reggio di Calabria (excellent and very cheap shopping on the Friday market, takes 3 hours with train from Ricado) and if my ancle was not so strained I would have taken the train to Sicily.

From the airport to the hotel I took the bus from airport and the changed and took the train to Ricado, where the hotel came and picked me up, the train ride is awesome plus it costs around 4 Euros for the train 1,50 Euros for the bus.
It is going back in time, nothing like trains at home here in Sweden which are head ahead their time.

The food was fabulous, this is how true Italians eat dinner and lunch. There are other restaurants and hotels in the area that I went to some evenings to eat. The beach is down the hill and takes 10 min max, note I walked with a strained ancle.

Hopefully I will go back there either this year or next year and I would stay at this hotel again.

Their pool are is great to relax and enjoy the sun.

Enjoy your time in Calabria!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo