See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Stayed here with my best friend for one night in May... we both wish we stayed for longer!

The drive itself is beautiful. The satnav easily picks the property up and isnt too hard to find.

Upon arrival we were greeted by Rachel who I think is the house keeper and the owner himself. We chose the room with the spa which was so amazing - has a hot tup, power shower, infer red sauna and sauna. The access is 25 Euros extra per person but it is worth it as its in your room so you can make use of it whenever you want.The room was spacious and clean with alot of small technological aspects like the lighting and music. Very well thought out. You also get access to a communal kitchen area which was nice. The property is gated and feels safe.

The actual view from the pool area was amazingly nice. We went for a walk and Im sure there are many activities to do around the area but as we were on a road trip we didnt look too much into activities, just enjoyed the spa!

Location wise - about a 5-10 minute drive from the shops and local places to eat. Not far from Mcdonalds. Rachel gave us some recommendations for local pizza places. The one we went to was quite nice, and only a 5 minute drive away.

Service - best service we've received. Rachel whatsapped us when we made the booking so we had instant direct contact. They gave us recommended places to eat and a mini tour upon arrival. So friendly. We asked for a fan in the evening and the owner came back to the property just to give us one which we werent expecting. We thought we would go into the hot tup in the morning so asked for a late check out which they also said yes to which was so nice. The service was so good.

Everything about our stay we enjoyed.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank AnishaJJJ
Reviewed 5 October 2016

Stayed here for a week in August in the Penthouse Apartment.

I'll get the slight negatives out of the way first. The apartment was smaller than expected (but still suitable for a family of 4); the photographs do make it look larger than it is. The other point is that you do need to use the car for a visit to a shop.

On to the positives, of which there are many: -

Firstly, the welcome from the owner Simeone, and help throughout our stay was very good, friendly and much appreciated. He also speaks perfect English.

The apartment was very clean, well furnished with a modern bathroom and very efficient air conditioning.

The views from the property are wonderful. At the beginning I've mentioned the fact photos and reality can be different, well in this instance the photos cannot do justice to the scenery. This is especially true of the pool and the vista from it. The photos make it look good, but the reality is it is even better. Finally regarding the property itself, it doesn't get much better than sitting under the gazebo with a glass of wine taking in the scenery in front of you.

The nearby beautiful village of Colle di Buggiano takes approximately 20 minutes to walk to and the restaurant there satisfied our needs for 5 nights.

We would happily return to this property.

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank camach
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Stunning surroundings, located in an Olive Grove above the town of Montecatini. Excellently equipped rooms with nice modern, clean decor and Beautiful views. The room had a massive Jacuzzi pool, infra red and ecologic saunas, surround sound music, etc. It was in a converted basement and consequently nice and cool in the hot evenings. Simon and his Father were extremely kind and accommodating and nothing was too much trouble. Whilst we were there we visited Pisa, Vinci and Cinque Terre (which was amazing!) which were all easily accesible and not too far away.
We dont usually go back to the same place twice for our holidays as there are so many places in the world to visit but this place we all agreed we would most definetly go again.

Date of stay: July 2016
1  Thank JimP2817
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Great house,pool,view. Room was in basement with the sauna next to kitchen. Room was very clean nad tidy. We had time of our life to refresh,reset and relax! Simon recomended us near shop were you can buy food and drink and its 5 min with car. He also recomended us St.Elena restaurant near for dinner.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ivaivekica
Reviewed 18 August 2016

I visited Podere Raffanna the first week of August for 5 days. Everything it was absolutely superb... from the cleanless of the Suite till the professionalism of Mr. Simon and Maurizio. When I first did the check in, they let me feel at home offered me a welcome drink and a nice home made tuscan tart. After that, again Simon made me and my family a tour of the place and explained me the small city around Massa. As well, he was very knowledgeble when came to the reccomandation of the local restaurant in Montecatini. (all the restaurant were fantastic !!!!!!)
I just want say thanks to the family to let me feel at home and to do a memorable experience for us...I will definately come back next year..!!!!!

Date of stay: August 2016