“Breathtaking views and gorgeous pool”

Salybia Nature Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Salybia
UK
“Breathtaking views and gorgeous pool”
Reviewed 3 May 2010

Really enjoyed my stay at this place. The best thing is the location - the view is breathtaking. I had a lovely view of the sea on my balcony and woke up to the sound of waves every morning. The restaurant has a nice deck outside with sea views. The pool is also beautiful (with a waterfall cascade) and the water is very clean. The whole place is nicely landscaped and you can tell they put a lot of thought into the planning, like the panoramic viewing platform at the top of the pool. The manager Derek is very nice and went out of his way to look after us when we were stranded for an extra week because of the volcanic ash. He said the resort has recently gone under new management, he is clearly very passionate about the place and during my stay I didn't see any problems other reviewers had mentioned. For stuff to do, there's access to an isolated beach - desipte the warnings of strong undertow current we managed to swim in it just fine. There's also a swimming beach with lifeguards further to the left and a kayak centre. We kayaked up the river into the jungle and it was lovely - full of wildlife (fishes, frogs, birds). I'd definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Silver Spring, Maryland
Reviewed 29 April 2010

Love the look and was very comfortable. But the menu have to be true to the country. we expected local fruits for breakfast remove the pancake , apples, grapes and kiwi from the fruit plate. Have seasonal fruits only mangoes watermelons mandarine plums guava pinapples. After all this is a visit to Trinidad apples, grapes and kiwi do not grow in T&T. If you guest wants that they should in the USA. Please have the coconut bake available for the saltfish buljol. We had to settle for fried bake instead. PLEASE KEEP IT LOCAL TO KEEP IT UNIQUE TO THE LAND. TOURIST COME TO TRINIDAD FOR A CHANGE OF TASTE IN FOOD USE ONLY LOCAL PRODUCTS. I will give this place another chance, Please don't dissapoint. Have you bartender experiment with local fruit juices and make coctails

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Trinidad
Reviewed 31 March 2010

You have to experience this to believe it. our stay it the hotel was very relaxing, calm and quite. the hotel staff was excellent, breakfast, lunch and dinner was perfect with good staff support. I will definitely return and recommend.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank rudylal
UK
Reviewed 15 March 2010

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights. When asking at the spa regarding treatments was told that I could have a manicure but any other treatments would have to be booked as therapist not there and would only come in for bookings. Pool was filled with what looked like dirty water and all the loungers looked grubby and tired. The room was dark with cheap curtains that didn't pull properly. The bed sheets were so thin you could see the mattress through them in places. The towels were grey and only once did we get some that were remotely white. Having said that the bathroom was cleaned and replenished every day. The beds were very, very soft with cheap bed frames and old mattresses. I ended up with backache after 4 nights. The food was basic and monotonous, certainly not international cuisine and included drink which was just diluted fruit juice. No coffee available after either lunch or dinner. Breakfast was local fare with no international choice but there was fresh fruit every day. No access to the beach as that particular area is said to be dangerous with sgtrong currents. We stood at the bar the first night for 10 minutes, with two people behind the bar serving but no one else waiting, eventually we gave up and went without. Thank goodness I took my own kettle, coffee and tea with me as the facilities in the room were very llimited. Overall a very disappointing place to stay and I could not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Salybia hotels

Chaguanas
Reviewed 16 February 2010

I have visited this Hotel every year for the past four years. This visit was by far the worst, this hotel's customer service have dropped to abysmal levels. On my first night I had to literally argue with the person at the front desk, when I simply enquired what was on the buffet menu for that night. I was told " I don't know" when I asked can you find out I was told "I am busy here". It was only after I spoke to a supervisor did I find out about the menu. On my second night I went out to the restaurant at the hotel for a "buffet" dinner, have you ever heard about a buffet menu where you are allowed only 2 out of the 3 types of meat available? . Further more when I attempted to take seconds I was told by the chef "sorry you are only allowed one trip to the food station". On my third morning my wife and I had to wait almost an hour to get bread and fry bakes for breakfast, when I attempted to have coffee to my dismay the coffee packets were all expired. When I asked to see the chef I was told that she was out. This was the first time that I left Salybia Nature Resot and Spa and could not wait to get home. It seems our view was the common trend througout since the common topic even among strangers was the poor service being meted out to paying customers. Even as I was checking out I saw a person trying to obtain a refund. The view and the pool thus far is the only thing that this hotel has going for itself. But as I said earlier " Never Again" at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank nari2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salybia
21.1 km away
54.6 km away
Courtyard Port of Spain
Courtyard Port of Spain
#1 of 21 in Port of Spain

Been to Salybia Nature Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK