Giggling Gecko Adventures Day Tours
Review Highlights
Night time turtle visit

I had read about Giggling Geckos tours before coming to Cape Verde, and the previous high ratings... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
phil19682018
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
Highly recommend! and really kind to us

We had researched Giggling Geckos months before and were really looking forward to it. The night... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Jennifer P

All reviews saturday night fever beach bar island tour boa vista cape verde these guys half day tour whale watching local community personal touch quad biking sand dunes south island fire eating picked up from our hotel included in the price small group
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Booked 2 tours here from the UK .. all email/correspondence were dealt with promptly and efficiently. This company is both efficient and authentic.

If you want the meat grinder mass touristic approach go with tui..I'm sure you'll be impressed...from a coach window.
However if you would like an authentic trip with in depth detail and a personal touch with Richard and Jen at Giggling geckos who provide exactly what you need.

We booked the whale trip and was watching humpback whales within 1 hour! Richard gave us a 10% discount as there was more than the stated 14 people on the boat .... not necessary as we enjoyed the whole trip but he was a man of his word! All I can say is no stress lol

Second trip was the all day island adventure!
Again professional and authentic although if I can just say 1 thing when you arrive in the first village for a a drink/break please look at the shop at the left of the bar! It's a cape verdean bar and they do not like putting pressure on tourists as they are shy. If I had known that I would have been In there buying all manner of crap lol.

Great tour incorporated lots of unspoilt beaches a d a lovely beach bar with great grub and cocktails

Only thing I would say if you have kids try the half day tour as it's a long day

All in all a great day was had on both occasions with great company and solid passionate professionals
I can't recommend tightly enough

P.s No stress :-)

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Collected from outside hotel Riu Touraeg, and taken to Sal Rei.
Safety explanation and what to expect given by Richard whilst awaiting for dinghy to take us over to catamaran.
Knowledgeable talk given by expert prior to encountering whales. All crew on catamaran wanting to ensure that you had good views of whales, which we did.
Small and friendly trip with plenty of space on the catamaran.
Well recommend

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We booked the full day tour with Giggling Gecko and it was wonderful. Jen was very nice and shared a lot of information about the island. I loved the day care visit and it's wonderful that these guys get involved in helping the local community on their day to day lives. I am definitely reccommending this tour.

1  Thank Malina R
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Firstly I have to say don't be put off by holiday reps in resort trying to talk you into going with their tours and their totally unfounded tales of how bad the independent companies are!
Giggling Gecko is run by a very friendly British couple and imo offers much better value and more fun. Our quad bike tour lasted four hours and ended with a visit to a terrific beach bar. This company will only take 5 quad bikes as a maximum which means it is safer and more exciting than having a long line of up to 15 quads which makes the experience slower and more sedate. But the choice is yours.
We did the northern tour for my partners birthday and visited the shipwreck which is slowly deteriorating due to the winter storms.
I can thoroughly recommend this company. Easy to book, great value and great fun!

2  Thank Subaquatones
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

We booked all our excursions before we left for holiday via Facebook and spoke to jen and Richard. They were highly recommended by a friend, and didn't disappointment. Great tour guys, we did the 4 hour quads bikes with Richard and full a day tour with jen and the Saturday night beach party, absolutely amazing. Picked up as arranged, on time. We even got to see some whales on our way to one of the destinations :-) the places we stopped for lunch were spot on, very nice and well presented.