See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 December 2016

a nice, safe and calm piece of heaven! thanx to Jema and Gareth for a wonderful time! lots of lonesome beaches in walking distance... Gareth is a great cook and he´s always there if you need a good advice or cooking lesson... a lovely place to stay!

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2016

I was recently in Tobago for a friend's wedding. Jema's Guesthouse was perfect.
The booking was seamless & Jema was most welcoming and very respectful of my privacy.
The terrace for the suite is exquisite. Everything was neat & clean, kitchen facility & bathroom immaculate. I recommend Jema's for anyone visiting the Black Rock/Plymouth area of Tobago. Bring mosquito repellent.

Room Tip: Main bungalow has 3 bedrooms. 2nd building w/ 2 suites & fabulous terrace. A great place for a group or family.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 February 2016

A perfect place to relax and enjoy the island. It is perfectly located to many beaches: Grafton Beach and Turtle Beach. Both are in walking distance and serve different purposes. I've been here 3 times within one year and will return and soon. Take advantage of the Gareth who is an amazing cook and makes the best coconut dumplings on the island. He takes very good care of the guests! Thank you!
There are hummingbirds flying around the premise and many other birds. It feels like a bird sanctuary. Choose from the huge house up front or the apartments in the back. Either way, this is a perfect place to stay. I've stayed in Crown Point before and have travelled to many of the other towns in Tobago because I am a diver. Although they are nice, this location is very convenient to all the places that Tobago has to offer to you. This is my 8th year going to Tobago and I have chosen the place to return to now.

Room Tip: Depending on the size of your party, there are 4 different options. On this stay, there were 7 adults in the main house.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank justdao
Reviewed 12 February 2016

We had a very pleasant stay in the rear apartment which I think is Apartment 2. The apartment which is on the edge of Black Rock Village is surrounded by gardens and has a Mot-Mot bird that roosts on the veranda each night! The apartment is comfortable and has a kitchen which is very well equipped. The bedroom has a ceiling fan and air-con. The beach is about 150 meters away and it's possible to walk along the beach to Plymouth. On the other side is Grafton Beach which has a beach restaurant and one overlooking the beach. Both provide excellent food. We briefly met Matthias the owner of the property who was very helpful. His step son Gareth looked after things on a day to day business and was happy to prepare an evening meal with freshly caught fish. We can certainly recommend his cooking. If sitting out on the veranda in the evening make sure you have insect repellent and a few citrus candles to keep the mosquitos at bay. Bring a mosquito net too. A minor niggle; the bedroom window needs to be made a little more secure so that it can be opened a little at night for ventilation. But that said we did not have any fears for our safety as all the locals that we met were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Staying at Jema's guesthouse was nothing but a great experience. My four friends and I couldn't have had a better "living-experience" in Tobago. We stayed at the big guesthouse with three separate rooms, a big bathroom and a kitchen with all of the equipment we needed (kitchen supplies). When we came everything was clean, and the house was surrounded by friendly locals (neighbors) and beautiful nature. In the big guesthouse where we stayed, there was a big porch in the front that we spent several nights eating on. Jema's son, Garet, is an aaaamazing chef. You ought to get him to cook for you because it is the best food I have ever tasted. He was so friendly and local, and made us feel very welcome. Tobago is such a beautiful place and I had so many great experiences on my vacation, but I think a lot of it has to do with the house and the place we woke up in (to the sound of wild nature, chickens and a mix of local voices) and came home too.

It has been a very successful vacation, and I am defiantly coming back to Jemas Gueshouse, Black Rock and Tobago.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends