“Enjoyed Stay but room for improvement” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Wolseley Holiday Homes at Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Country Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tullow
Kildare, Ireland
“Enjoyed Stay but room for improvement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2009

Stayed with a friend for a girls night away which i was so looking forward to and so needed. Checkin was good and the reception was inviting, headed to our Twin Room which was on the 1st floor. The room was ok, one downfall was the toilet was seperate to the shower / bathroom. The wooden doors werent great, they didn't close properly and I could see into the bedroom and vice versa. The reason for the trip was to relax so we had spa treatments. We were abit late being called for our treatments and my friend was called first, 10-15 mins later i was called. We had exactly the same treatments but I was out about 10 minutes before my friend which i was not happy about considering she was in before me. Therapist was good, my biggest complaint would be when I was having my treatments it was impossible to relax as all I could hear were the other guests in the pool talking which just echoed into all the treatment rooms. It was so noticeable my therapist turned the music up in the room which also made it difficult to relax. I did have a Pedicure and this was Fantastic, very relaxing. For food we had bar food and this was excellent. Plenty of staff on during the day and also at night and they were very friendly. The toilets down from the bar really need to be revamped, you think you have left the hotel and walked into a pub / club set of toilets. This would not deter me from staying again, They have some good packages and the staff are friendly

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2009

Stayed in a four bed house in the estate on the grounds. Lovely house with all ammenities. We got a good price and it is very good value as the house is big enough to share the cost with some friends / family.
The kids clubs and activities for the kids were fantastic and all the kids loved them. They were also good value for big families, and this is where this hotel sets itself apart. It would be hard to get another hotel that provides the level of entertainment for young children that this hitel does.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Alien_visitor
Dublin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

My family & friends heard great things about this hotel so I was excited to be staying here for a wedding. Myself and my friend booked a twin room for €150 which is very expensive, considering 4 and 5 star Dublin hotels are selling rooms for €50-€60 per night. When we checked in there was a pleasant reception area but an awful smell along the corridor towards our room. We booked a twin but were given a double and had to wait half an hour to be transferred to a double & missed some of the wedding reception. The reception was great but the public toilet area had a horrible smell & the toilets didn't even have toilet roll and there were no little extras that make a 4 star hotel. This should definitely not be a 4 star, 3 star at the maximum. The rooms had a toilet separate from the bathroom which was very inconvenient and the bathroom didn't have doors that closed properly so people could see through the gap in the wooden doors which had no lock. One of the duvet covers was ripped and the window only opened a tiny bit. We complained on check out and were given a discount of €25 which was less than we expected. I would definitely not stay here again. There are gorgeous hotels out there now for one third of the price and are much more appealing to the eye.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rdcbar
manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

We recently spent a 4 day break at the Wolseley Holiday Homes located on the grounds of the Mount Wolseley Hotel and Country Club. The house was excellent and slept 7 and the rooms were very well decorated. The houses are located juts facing the back nine of the golf course and a short walk to the hotel where you have the free use of the Leisure Centre. For kids there is also a play ground and tennis court literally straight outside the houses. Its a great location for the garden lover with Rathwood, Altamont and Oak Forest park al within easy reach. We ventured to Kilkenny one day and Dublin for another both under the hours driving. I can highly recommend the houses as I loved the way I could play golf and my wife and kids could enjoy the playground and leisure centre in the hotel all free. The hotel can be exopensive for eating in but there is a lovely restaurant called the Riverbank in Tullow which is reasonable and a Chineese Takeaway by the same name which is also reasonable and the food was lovely. All in all a home from home.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank mcfc999
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullow
0.6 km away
36.2 km away
Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa
16.1 km away
Talbot Hotel Carlow

Been to Wolseley Holiday Homes at Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Country Club? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

Additional Information about Wolseley Holiday Homes at Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Country Club

Property: Wolseley Holiday Homes at Mount Wolseley Hotel, Spa & Country Club
Address: Ardattin Road, Tullow, Ireland
Region: Ireland > Province of Leinster > County Carlow > Tullow
Bar / Lounge Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Spa Swimming Pool
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tullow