Cocobay Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
COCOS Hotel Antigua(Jolly Harbour)
Tamarind Hills(Saint Mary's)
  • Breakfast included
Sugar Ridge Resort(Jolly Harbour)
  • Beachfront
Hermitage Bay(Saint Mary's)
  • Breakfast included
Curtain Bluff Resort(Saint Mary's)
2,483 results
All reviewsthe cottagescoco baymr goreplunge poolbreakfast and lunchwaterfront suitelower poolrum punchdeluxe cottagesheer rocksour honeymoonpaninislobstersea viewplantation housemosquito netbuffet style
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Our party of six (3 couples) stayed at Cocobay in late January 2012. We loved Cocobay! The cottages, the property, the service, the staff, the beach, the view - all were outstanding! My husband and I loved the smallness of the resort. It was our first visit to an "adults only" property and we found we liked it a lot! We have been to all inclusives where there's so much food you don't know where to begin, so this was very different and we liked it. The small buffet line at breakfast and lunch had adequate selections, and we would have liked a few more options at dinner but it was fine. We ate at Sheer Rocks one night (following our friends' beach wedding!) and absolutely loved it. I recommend that everyone dine there at least once during your stay.
The beach was wonderful. We were approached a couple times by vendors but they were polite and kept moving. Several reviews have mentioned getting bitten, and I did. I seem to have that unique body chemistry that sand fleas like as I was the only one affected out of our group of 6. I had brought bug spray and remedies with me, but found that oral benedryl was the only thing that helped and was glad they stocked it in the gift shop. The gift shop was great! For such a small place they had an amazing selection of items (clothing, jewelery, gifts, etc) and we all had fun shopping and buying.
A highlight of our trip was spending a day sailing on the Jabberwocky with Nick and Kay. They are super nice and knowledgable about the island and it was a really fun day. Great lunch served on board too. The Cocobay staff should continue to recommend them to their guests!
We love to travel and enjoy going to new locations and places, but we enjoyed our stay at Cocobay so much that I think it will stay on our list of future places to visit again. So many little touches (coming back to our cottage after dinner to find it filled with candles and flower petals, O'Neal personally delivering drinks and delicacies on our last night, "open air" yet private showers) plus the wonderful staff - Cocobay exceeded our expectations in many ways.

Room Tip: Plunge pool cottage is great!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelhappy025
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Me and my husband were married her in 2009. I was amazing and everything we could have wished for. The rooms were basic but cleaned thoroughly daily, the maids were lovely and made us feel very welcome and left varoius animals in our room made of towels and flowers.

An extensive menu for food and drinks, al the produce was fresh and produced to a high standard.

Worth every penny!

4  Thank Jade2102
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We travelled as a group of 7 family and friends for our wedding at the resort. After 14 months of planning, scouring reviews and sending numerous emails to the deputy manager/wedding planner, Tameka, I can honestly say that Cocobay lived up to all our high hopes!
Everything was perfect on our wedding day (despite a little rain) and the friendly staff and beautiful location made it all so special.
The cottages are quaint, spacious and clean with picturesque views (we had sea view ).
Menu varies, always 3 options plus 3 standard at a supplemental cost.
Bar staff were friendly and happy to make cocktails until 11pm when bar closes.
Cabs are easy to arrange through reception and going 'off reservation' isn't a problem.
All in all, an amazing and quiet resort (no 'kids' under 12 is a huge bonus) with great facilities!

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank AshBush
Reviewed 19 February 2012

We did a tremendous amount of homework going into this vacation and choosing this resort in particular. Our primary interest was to get a weeks worth of serious down time and we most certainly got what we were after!

Not sure there is a need to repeat what many others have said that is good about Cocobay but there are a few things that I think we came with that need mentioning:

1. The resort is as advertised regarding the quality of the experience. You should not be disappointed if you do your homework and understand what this resort really offers.

2. The staff is in fact exceptional starting with the manager O'Neal who handled an overbooking situation on our arrival with the utmost professionalism, courtesy and generousity. Very friendly and courteous staff top to bottom!

3. Most surprising was the quality of the food. We are not big travelers or gourmet cooks by any account but we can say each of the meals were unique, interesting, healthy and all with great presentation. Breakfast probably the most tradtional, but lunch and particularly dinner had very much a local Caribbean flavor.

4. Having had the experience of a room on the hill our first night and then moving to the ocean front room with pool for the rest of our stay I think it is fair to say there probably aren't any "bad rooms" in the resort. The views in all directions are spectacular. Never used the AC and the ceiling fan was perfect for comfort.

5. The beach and the views are all what you see in all the photos on this site and the Cocobay site with the weather being consistently warm and sunny. Truely a slice of paradise!

6. I read a lot about bugs in my pre-trip homework. Not sure if February is the off season for bugs but I came away without a bite and my sweetheart with only a few. We came "loaded for bear" with some serious bug sprays but they never came out of the bag. The staff tells us the bugs are there so travel prepared.

7. We are pleasantly surprised by the cost of items we did buy at the resort. Not what we would consider at all expensive.(Water/gifts)

8. We aren't big drinkers but what we had was very good and the bar staff was very personable. Nice having one of the staff drift down the beach with a tray of refreshments a couple of times a day.

9. The new pool is beautiful, nicely located next to the beach and has a bar.

10. The dinner on the beach where I proposed to my sweetheart of ten years was elegant and couldn't have been any more romantic......"Thank you O'Neal and our hostess Ronella!!!"

11. I need to say that the locals on the beach who offered jet ski, horse back riding and other activities really did add to the great experience of staying at this resort. Good folks who aimed to please and priced reasonably.

Lastly, this was my first trip to the Caribbean and was not totally sure of what to expect, but I can say we found both the resort and locals we encountered to be very "American friendly" and accomodating. The value was excellent and the resort truely did exceed our expectations!

Room Tip: Ocean front with the pool is nice, but it looks like all rooms have a great view.
3  Thank TBHGloucesterMA
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This resort is a visual goldmine. For the week that my wife and I were at Cocobay Resort, we never got tired of the views.

Our cottage was on the second tier -not right on the beach, but our ocean view was fantastic. Awakening to the Caribbean Sea is quite a treat. The way this resort is a laid out is a stroke of architectural and landscape genius.

This place is quiet other than the ocean waves and the sounds of nature. That's the way we like it. By the smiles of other guests we encountered daily, I think everyone was really into the ambiance, great service and terrific food. I can't remember a time when we've met so many good natured people. The friendliness of the staff seemed to rub off on the guests.

This was the healthiest we've ever eaten on a trip. The omelettes in the morning, the chicken and fish dishes at lunch, and the tremendous ala carte menu for dinner.

The infinity pools were great, but we preferred the awesome Little Ffreyes beach. There were a couple of days when the water was the most beautiful shade of blue. Cocobay has really thought of everything for a great Caribbean vacation.

Room Tip: Choose a seaview room. It is worth the price and a definite value.
5  Thank timbuck2