“Accommodating and professional ”

Vietnam Explorer Dive Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We provide scuba diving and snorkeling trips to the north and south islands of Phu Quoc Island. We have been established since 1995. We offer a full range of experiences including; snorkelling, try dives, fun dives and diving courses.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Our hotel had recommended a different snorkeling company but once I read TripAdvisor on that one I canceled my reservation. I came upon this company and contacted them myself based on great reviews. I’m happy to report it was not at all disappointing. We were very pleased with the conditions of the equipment and the boat as well as the courtesy and professionalism of the crew on board. We had a great time. Friendly and polite staff. We saw a lot of fish and corals during the trip

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"island"
"crew"

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My mother and I went snorkelling in the north of the island with Vietnam explorer. Our guide picked us up from our hotel by boat (which my mum particularly loved). The equipment had been carefully prepared beforehand (including consulting us on flipper sizes). Our guide spoke brilliant English (on the trip there was also a guide who spoke Russian too) he explained safety on the coral reef and he also explained about the different types if marine life we might see. After our first snorkel my mother fell ill. The guides were kind, diligent and were willing to turn the boat around to take us back to our accommodation while lunch was being served. I was very impressed by the small group size, the explanations and for their carrying attitude towards my mum. So much so that I have booked a try dive with the company on Wednesday. Very well done, Vietnam explorer. Hands down one if the best snorkelling experiences that I've had.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

I had two beautiful dives with them. Honest and friendly staff. Silvia is a warm hearted, great, devoted instructor. She took a great care about us during the dives. Management of the center is fully committed to giving the best possible service. Safe and well maintained equipment. Very good prices for the dives. I fully recommend them.

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

I had two dives with them.
Fair prices.
Great professional dive master.
Their equipment is all well maintained.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

After confirming my booking via email, I arrived at the dive shop the day before (as asked) to pay a deposit for the course. The man in the shop was extremely friendly, however he argued that they didn't have anyone booked in for the next day and that I must have been talking to a different dive centre. After proving him wrong, he said that it was ok to start the course the next day, however the dive instructor's visa would run out the following day so I would need to split the course over a longer period of time. He then asked us to come back later on in the day as he couldn't really help us any further.

This company couldn't even organise a booking so I did not proceed with them, as I did not feel I would be in capable hands carrying out a potentially dangerous activity.

There are lots of other dive shops in Phu Quoc so would strongly advise against using this one.

1  Thank Sam T
dpd1232015, Director of Sales at Vietnam Explorer Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2017

Smart will think different !