See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed at the Fattoria for 4 nights. It was a wonderful place for those who want a real country visit. Unfortunately, we had intended to spend most of our time in Siena, which was a further bus ride than we expected and the buses stopped running back to the hostel at 8. This meant that if we wanted an evening in the gorgeous Il Campo, we had to take a taxi home, which was about 20 euros. This did come as a surprise, and it would have been good to know in advance that access to the city was limited. Having said that, most people wanting to stay here probably are not planning a trip focused on a city center, so I realize this was our mistake. The only other odd thing was that there was no swimming pool-- in our case this did not matter as the weather was unseasonably cold, but some of the websites out there for booking the Fattoria list a swimming pool and hot tub, which are not on the property (as far as I could tell). But this is a good place to stay, and for the price it is a real Tuscan bargain. The countryside is beautiful, and Anna Maria was an absolutely lovely host-- gracious and helpful. Rooms were clean and spacious and quiet, and the little town had a peaceful atmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2012

The view from the kitchen is - indeed- stunning. Other than that I am not sure why this garners such great reviews. It seemed pretty average. The rooms were clean but a bit bleak and the feel of the place is quite austere. The breakfast was a bit rubbish (nasty coffee and stale buns). For the price it's not bad but I would like somewhere with a bit more life and a homely feel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hobbitontour
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Stayed here three nights in September and it was an absolutely lovely stay. Anna Maria and her daughter Bernice do a wonderful job at maintaining the charm and old world energy of the place. We took the bus into Siena for the day and we were glad to get back to the quiet and peacefulness of the countryside. The rooms are clean and well maintained. I would definately recommend staying here if you are in Tuscany and want to explore the local villages and towns, yet want a nice and quiet place to stay at night. The small town of San Rocco a Pilli is only a five minute walk and the gelatto in town is really tasty. The view from all of the rooms is right out of a travel magazine....beautiful.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2012

I stayed at this incredible property four years ago with a friend when we were travelling around Europe, and still to this day I remember how much we enjoyed our stay here. You are surrounded by breathtaking views of the Italian countryside, the local town gives you a real feel of a rural part of Italy and the 14th century luxurious villa itself is rich in heritage and beautiful architecture. The mother and daughter who run this establishment are lovely people and could not have made our stay more special, warm, welcoming or memorable. This is one of my favourite places in the world. I highly highly highly recommend you see and experience it for yourself.

Room Tip: We stayed in two different rooms on either side of the mansion, both had stunning views and a spacious layout.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My boyfriend and I booked 2 nights at the villa in early July, and enjoyed it so much that we extended our stay for an extra night! The villa had beautiful grounds, amazing views of the Tuscan countryside, and was equipped with a fully functioning kitchen. It is located about 20 minutes outside of Siena, and there is a fairly frequent bus that takes you right into the city, which conveniently has a stop right outside of the villa. One of the downsides is that the last bus leaving Siena to return to the villa is fairly early (around 8pm) so if you want to enjoy Siena’s nightlife be prepared to pay around 20 euros for a taxi. Also a warning, no A/C meant leaving our window open at night, and we were awoken each morning by about 5am by an incessant rooster.

Overall though, I would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple