Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from US$ 92.00
from US$ 115.00
from US$ 73.00
3,081 results
All reviews anthony hunte rum punch classical music the owner sink hole hunte's garden well worth a visit tropical paradise humming birds cake magical place amazing garden plants and flowers collapsed cave nooks and crannies every corner visiting barbados
Reviewed 5 April 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed our walk through Mr Hunte’s gardens. There are so many little secret places to relax and just enjoy the scenery. The work that must have gone into the place! The drive was an adventure too. These gardens were an oasis Like nothing I’ve ever experienced. Well worth the cost of admission.

1  Thank soontobeforty
Reviewed 5 April 2018

A little bit of heaven on earth. Superb trees, flowers, birds around you classical music playing and a gorgeous veranda to sit on and take tea/ rum punch/ rum cake, served by Mr Hunte himself. A delightful way to spend a few hours. Accessible by public bus for 1$ each way (no 5 from Bridgetown) and if you have the right walking shoes on Mr Hunte will advise you to walk to the 'Pink wall', catch a bus to Bathsheba rock, then another to Speightstown and then another back to Bridgetown! Took quite a long time and just got back to the cruise ship on time! An exciting day - and I walked miles (especially as we missed the bus at the pink wall!)

1  Thank Lynn P
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

The whole garden is lovely. We spent about 1-1.5 hours here. No problem parking. The flowers are all gorgeous, lots of hard work has been put in here. We enjoyed some lemonade and rum punch afterwards, and met the owner Anthony. So many things to look at, could spend hours here!
My only complaint - there was no music playing the day we were there, as I saw mentioned in many reviews. Alas, still beautiful without the music!

1  Thank al567067
Reviewed 4 April 2018

What an incredible job Anthony Hunte and his team have done with this sink hole. The gardens seem so mature yet are actually quite young. The use of classical music in the garden is a lovely touch, you can just sit and lose yourself in the tranquility of it all. We visited mid to late afternoon as we felt that would be a good time to sit and sample Anthony's legendary Rum Punch. We were not disappointed and had the pleasure to sit with Anthony and chat. We were amazed that he knew all the local gardens in Cornwall UK where we live, so we had quite a bit to talk about. An absolute must see place, completely unique!

1  Thank Ian S
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My sister and I traveled to Barbados in September and had seen something online about Hunte's Gardens. Our tour guide seemed surprised that we wanted to visit, rather than see another nearby garden, but I am so glad we held our ground. Hunte's was AMAZING. It is all-encompassing and, from what I learned, ever expanding. We had the opportunity to talk to the owner (who was tending to his beautiful flowers and plants) and got a tour of his home (located within the gardens). He was absolutely delightful. I cannot recommend this place enough - it was truly a highlight of our visit.