“shack where locals chill”
Review of Sand Dollar Cafe

Sand Dollar Cafe
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Dover
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Location was hard to find at first since Google Maps showed the old location. Nevertheless, we found it. Excited to eat, we ordered and talked to the locals. But the wait is 45 minutes for serving 1 family lunch. We ordered pasta with chicken, chicken strips, fish panini, pineapple burger. Pasta is abundant but reasonable for its price. All good especially when you're hungry.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Pure deliciousness in a container if you're on the go like myself but this cafe always has a warm atmosphere and serves up delicious food time and time again. Stop by and give it a try!

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank 246jamell
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Totally amazing people and food made with love. Anne is such a lovely host and great to just hang out with for a beer. One great local spot.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 13 July 2017

The best place to eat out on that strip. My son and daughter in law took me there, they loved it and I ended up having all my meals there. The food is well flavored, nicely prepared and presented topped by the friendliness of the staff with equal kindness. Truly a Barbadian Caribbean hospitality.
I highly recommend them.

Date of visit: June 2017
2  Thank Rasheed M
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Me and my husband visited this cafe for breakfast on a quite Monday morning.

We ordered 2 omelettes and 1 smoothie. Us 2 and 1 other customer were the only ones waiting for food and some how they managed to take 40 minutes to cook 2 omelettes!!! HOW???

The smoothie took around 30 minutes to arrive and I overheard one of the waitresses say there were no bananas (which was needed for my smoothie) and instead of saying that it may be a while for my drink, they just sent someone down to the shop to get them.

When we finally got the food, I had 3 slices of toast and my husband had 2 and were told that's all the bread they had so bought out toasted sesame buns which were so crispy that it literally fell apart when I was applying butter to it.

We overheard them say to another customer that it's 'very busy'....with 3 customers.....??

I would avoid this place for breakfast and don't be silly like us who actually walked for ages to find this cafe especially after reading reviews on here because it's not worth the time.

Date of visit: July 2017