2,915 results
All reviewscaptain samcrystal covewaterfront restaurantkids cluba la cartewater sportschelonia restaurantice cream parlourrum punchgreat holidayevening entertainmentdress codesister hotelboogie boardingjet skiall inclusive resortred flag
Reviewed 20 December 2005

After reading the wide range of reviews I was not sure what to expect- But let me share with you that this place is where dreams are fulfilled. A touch of Heaven on Earth. I too am in the business but have never experienced a service level this high!I am not surprised to read negative reviews given that some people are never pleased!!! My wife and I were very pleased and don't see that a resort could have been better. In fact the two weddings held while we were there gave us an opportunity to meet two very beautiful flower girls and some great people from England. Although we were there on business, we took time to enjoy the great pleasures that the island has to offer. Fantastic Resort- We are returning in 06 and cannot wait.

• Stayed: December 2005, travelled on business
16  Thank rabigelow
Reviewed 20 December 2005

Just returned from Turtle Beach Resort.

The hotel is looking quite good although there is some noise disturbance from the ongoing room refurbishments and the construction of the new beach bar.

I would be happy to recommend this hotel if it were not for the level of the food and service, which I'm afraid, was sub-standard.

In my opinion, the main dining restaurant had to few staff on duty and consequently the service was very poor (e.g. over an hour wait between starter and main courses). If the food had been good this could have been overlooked, but I'm afraid the food was very poor indeed.

The lunchtime meal also left a lot to be desired, being a buffet with very similar dishes each day.

On a good note the Italian restaurant on site was fairly good, although very difficult to get a booking to dine there!

Due to the above reasons I would not stay at this hotel again.

They can and should do better, as the other all inclusive hotel within the same group on Barbados, has a much better level of both service and food quality.

6  Thank Inspiration6501
Reviewed 18 December 2005

I read the many reviews on Turtle Beach before we set off in early December and I was amazed at the extremes of reviews ranging all the way from 1 to a full 5 - and I must say that I was extremely apprehensive on arrival.

As it turns out the worrying for no reason. I found the Turtle Beach to be an excellent hotel if a little 'carribean' around the edges.

If anyone goes to the Carribean expecting a 4/5 star hotel to compare with a city hotel then they will be disappointed. We stayed in The Venetian at Las Vegas last year and it is true to say that there is no comparison in the level of furnishings and finish to the hotels. (I did fall in love with the blue mahogany furniture in the reception area though!)

That said the friendliness of the staff at the Turtle Beach is in a different league to The Venetian, for example, and is a credit to the management of the resort.

In summary:

Food - Excellent choice and excellent standard. Anyone who is not impressed with the food must either have an extremely strange pallet or be Gordon Ramsay!

Drink - All premium brands served without special request.

Staff - Very, very friendly and all go out of their way to help you.

Kids Club - Brilliant - Sonia ond the other staff are excellent - harldy saw my son for 2 weeks

Rooms - Good size and well furnished (Our bathroom was great despite what others may say). Kept spotlessly clean by excellent maids. Bed linen changed every other day - towels etc every day

Negative Points

- standard of finish in rooms etc could be better - but that is all part of being in the carribean. You can definately tell where 'specialist' painters have been employed by the hotel and where the hotel handymen have 'had a go'. Check out the Waterfront sign! Everything is SPOTLESS though and this is not a major critisism

- private functions - a personal niggle of mine. There were occasional private functions that closed certain parts of the hotel to the hotel guests (one of the restaurants being closed for instance). Given the money that the hotel is taking from its guests this seemed a little 'mean' increasing their profits at the expense of the guests

If you are going to the Turtle Beach you will have a great time - disregard any 1,2 or 3 ratings. It is defianately a 4 or 5 rating. I deducted a 'point' for the private functions! Hotel Management please review this practice as it the only real blemish on a great resort.

23  Thank iancarpy
Reviewed 13 December 2005

ok turtle beach ,not glam or posh or 4 star ,the rooms are being upgraded not to a very high standard,we complained and we did get upgraded to a sea view,but still the bathroom was a bit grim.and a half hearted atempt to upgrade the room had been done.pools are to small and the trees give alot of shade ,so everybody crams into the sunny places.
the food is ok and the bar shuts at 12.30pm. and without warning ! most of the female staff are grumpy.but the guys on the hole are ok. the guys who run the water sports ie captain sam, leo and the rest of them ,go all out to please you .one last thing they are now building a new beach bar,started work on the 9-12-05 a little bit of building work going on.

8  Thank jaguarks
Reviewed 8 December 2005

Barbados: The Turtle Beach Resort
Date: December 8, 2005
Reviewer: 8 Diva's from New Jersey and New York

Eight Diva's from New Jersey and New York just returned from a week at the Turtle Beach Resort in Barbados. This hotel was wonderful and we have never experienced such incredible service before. We arrived at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday and was greeted by Alicia. She gave us fresh cool towels to wash our hand and then brought us rum punch to start. We were given our room keys with joining rooms. That was a first in our 5 years of traveling together. Each of our rooms were clean and well maintain. Each night, we received a plate with cheeses, cookies and dips along with a well stocked wet bar free of charge.

We did have one room were there was a problem with the shower. We spoke to the front desk and they were immediately moved to another room.

We ate at the different restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurants were great. We had no problems at all. If they ran out of food, they would replenish the dishes with no problem. We met Tennson (the food and beverage manager) he was great and catered to our every need including having champagne delivered to our table one night. We never had a problem with making reservation, it was so easy. Each day our towels and chairs were set up for us on the beach. They constantly came around to take our drink orders and also brought frozen hand towels to cool us off at 2:30 p.m. each day. We also met Paula on the beach, she makes beautiful jewelry with stone. She took orders for special colors and had them available for pick up the next day. If you go there you have to meet Sam, the water and sport person. He will take you Jet skiing. What an awesome experience.

Some of the review mention no night life, well let me tell you, we partied at the Shipyard, the music and atmosphere was great. You pay $15.00(u.s.)and you drink and party until 2 in the morning.....What a good time.

I have read so many of the reviews prior to us arriving and I can truly tell you this was the best vacation we've had. We are considering going back next year. Hats off to Turtle Beach.

Sincerly,