2,920 results
All reviews captain sam crystal cove waterfront restaurant kids club a la carte water sports chelonia restaurant ice cream parlour rum punch great holiday evening entertainment dress code sister hotel boogie boarding jet ski all inclusive resort red flag
Reviewed 4 March 2009

Great time, only complaint was the shower needed a refurb and as it was open plan the birds were in the restaurant too much...apart from that it was great, wonderful people, great clientelle Ed and Dave. Wish we could have stayed longer, get your car and go out and a bout, you can drink the water safely and are not pestered. We had an offer and don't think i would have paid brochure price, but if got good offer would certainly go again

2  Thank sunseekerWestmalling
Reviewed 2 March 2009

We stayed at Turtle Beach for a week in February.

Had stayed before at Crystal Cove, (part of the same group) near Holetown. Turtle Beach is of a similar standard.

Excellent service, after a poor start. We arrived to find our room not ready, and a promised 10 minute wait turned into an hour during which we were offered no refreshment until I asked for it. The room offered was on the ground floor which my wife did not want. The hotel offered a different upgraded room which was available the following day, so things were looking up.

After that service was excellent, quick and competent

The room was excellent, comforatble bed, spacious, good quiet aircon, and ceiling fan. Bathroom was good, shower and bath fine, big balcony facing west.

The location was right on Dover Beach at one end of St Lawrence Gap. We had never been to the Gap before, and were hoping for the sort of amenities you get in Europe (pavement cafes, casual restaraunts etc. Not so; it was the usual mixture of tatty bars, and generally expensive restaraunts. It seemed to me that you would be pushed to eat out for less than 80-100 ukp for 2. Not the hotels fault but something to consider when choosing a location.

The food in the hotel was excellent. I am picky and could not find fault. excellent choice of drinks (including premium brands like remy vsop.

Good food in all 3 restaraunts, all of which were open most evenings and offered al a carte service . Breakfast and lunch is at the beachside restaraunt and buffet service.

The beach is good, sea is rougher than on the west coast, and the waves are good fun.

Liked

Service, food, room, friendly staff

Diskiked

It's a nit, but there is no view of the sea when eating in the beachside restaraunt because of the (very nice) planting between the restaraunt and the beach. Also there is somewhat tatty canvas and clear plastic covering the side of the restaraunt to protect it from the sometimes strong easterly winds.

7  Thank richard_williamsUk
Reviewed 28 February 2009

Stayed at Turtle Beach for 2 weeks in Feb on an All Inclusive package. The hotel is in a good location at the south end of St Lawrence Gap where local bars and restaurants can be found.
The hotel is set in nice grounds and is right on Dover Beach, so most if not all rooms have a sea view. The grounds are quite compact and the 3 pools are relatively small but we never had a problem finding a bed where we wanted one, even though there are numerous people doing the early morning towel on the bed thing and you never seeing them. The beach at the front of the hotel is kept clean and tidy but I think there needs to be more shaded areas or umbrellas. The sea is a bit rough but fun none the less.
The room we had was spacious and clean, no problem with hot water morning and evening. Although it was a bit tired looking it was perfecrly adequate for our trip and nice in the early evening to sit on the balcony with a rum and just kick back.
There are 3 restauarants here and during our stay they only opened 2 at any one time and this was done on rotational basis. The food in the evening is al a carte with about 4 main courses to choose from which we found to be a welcome change and breakfast and lunch was always a buffet style.
Asiagos is the Italian restaurant and doesn't allow anyone under the age of 12, so for that quiet meal this is the place. We never struggled to find something eat even though I am a fussy one. Although this is called the Italian restaurant you won't find pizza and we only had pasta once here!
There are 2 main bars and a small beach bar by the watersports area. These we found to be well stocked and never had to wait too long for a drink, even when the waterfront bar closed in the evening on a few occasions.
We found the staff to be helpful and friendly and during the day walk around offering drinks.When the hotel is a bit full service at the table could be a bit slower.......but hey, you're on holiday in the Caribbean. What's the rush?

5  Thank MarkMFC
Reviewed 23 February 2009

We had a fantastic time here.
The food was excellent as was the service.
Beach was lovely, the sea was great fun.
Rooms are spacious and basic.

Only negative comment was that the Italien Restaurant should either be Italien or Bajan and not try to combine the two.

Value for money was excellent but we did get a late deal with Virgin.

6  Thank davros
Reviewed 21 February 2009

I do not usually write reviews for anything, but my family and I had such a great experience at Turtle Beach Resort that I just had to. We stayed at Turtle Beach from February 6th - 12th, and wish we never left! I was nervous after reading some of the negative reviews, but I urge you to ignore them and make your own judgements. Being an all inclusive, the food was great. Always plenty of variety and fabulous desserts. I loved how they had "afternoon tea" between lunch and dinner, I found we were hungry by 4 pm and we would get small sandwiches or snacks at tea time. The beach was absolutely stunning! The watersports team is awesome and very friendly. There is someone who walks the beach during the day with a tray of drinks. We even asked him to bring us drinks of our choice, and he did. There were always plenty of beach chairs no matter what time we got to the beach. There were a few people who walked around the beach and offered to sell us weed, carved wooden items, foot massages, necklaces, etc., but if you tell them "no thanks" they leave you alone. The pools were pretty small, but clean. The outdoor jacuzzi was perfect.. we spent a lot of time in there, even during the day. We stayed in Room 221, a 1 bedroom oceanview suite.. it was beautiful. The AC worked great, our room was always as cool as we wanted. The bed was very comfortable, with a beautiful white down comforter, white sheets and generous pillows. The room/bathroom was cleaned well every day and always stocked with fresh towels. Entertainment at night was great! On the night before we left, they had the Manager's Cocktail Party with appetizers and champagne/juice mixed drinks. It was a lot of fun and great for socializing. I would highly recommend the Surfing excursion if you want to learn, $80 (American) for 2 hours/lesson. Just ask the watersports team for details. I was told the Swimming with the Turtles excursion is amazing too, but I started with a cold on our last day and wasn't feeling up to it. The atmosphere of the resort in general was very nice, completely safe and comfortable. Overall, we were beyond pleased with Turtle Beach. I would absolutely return to this resort.. I would go back tomorrow if I could!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family