My husband and I stayed at Turtle Beach Resort hotel, 26th June for 2 weeks. We went for the wedding of my stepson. I had read all the relevant reviews on Trip Advisor and went with an open mind. Firstly I must say that it is a Resort rather than a Hotel, therefore, one cannot expect to have star ratings as one does with hotels. Having said that, the staff are really fantastic! They really make you feel you are important to them, and go out of their way to help in any way they can! The facilities are very good, the beach boys will get you sunbeds and drinks to your hearts content, with a smile!!!
Thats what we don't get here in uk..... smiles all the time!
The rooms are super comfortable, beds fantastic. Air conditioned, coffee, tea making facilities in the rooms plus fridge to keep your drinks cool.
The hotel is all inclusive, and lots of choise, much better than all inclusive in Europe.
I would advise anyone who visits, to see something of the island apart from staying all the time at the resort. There is lots to see. We had a few trips out with different taxi drivers that the hotel arranges, they are all really informative and helpful, we learnt so much about Barbados and the people from these guys.
Do try to visit Oilstins Fish night on a Friday, but beware booking with Virgin, get a taxi instead it comes cheaper!
The night of the wedding, a turtle came and laid her eggs on the beach, the Turtle Protection team came along and safeguarded them, seems like they are all being removed and taken.
Whatever you do, enjoy Turtle Beach Resort and Barbados!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "A vibrant blend of contemporary style and informal elegance." A truly magnificent all-inclusive property of 161 rooms situated on a glorious stretch of the south coast of Barbados. Turtle Beach Resort uniquely combines contemporary style, informal elegance, lively atmosphere and a superb range of facilities suitable for all ages, including a supervised kids Club (for children aged 4-12) setting new standards for all-inclusive holidays to the Caribbean. Complimentary WiFi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Visit Barbados and TripOnline SA so you can book your Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotel Dover
- Turtle Beach Barbados
- Turtle Beach Resort Barbados
- Hotel Turtle Beach
- Turtle Beach By Elegant Hotels Barbados/Dover