Dover Beach Hotel(Dover)(Great Value!)
US$ 172
US$ 119
Southern Palms(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$ 200
US$ 154
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 171/night.

Time Out Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 115
US$ 111
South Gap Hotel(St. Lawrence Gap)(Great Value!)
US$ 207
US$ 184
Melbourne Inn @ Car Rentals(Christ Church Parish)
US$ 97
  • Beachfront
The Palm Garden Hotel(Worthing)(Great Value!)
US$ 92
US$ 86
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
2,876 results
All reviewscaptain samcrystal covewaterfront restaurantkids cluba la cartewater sportschelonia restaurantice cream parlourrum punchgreat holidayevening entertainmentsister hotelboogie boardingdress codered flagjet skiall inclusive resort
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed at the Turtle beach between 15/4 - 30/4/12, and can confirm most of the previous observations regarding the hotel. We acknowledge that we made a mistake by staying at this hotel for 2 weeks. In hindsight, I think we should have either done a 2 Centre, cruise and stay holiday or just stayed for 7 days. Two weeks at this venue became somewhat tedious, especially when we had 3 days of rainy weather. The hotel dining room and Waterfront restaurant leaks quite extensively, resulting in guests getting dripped on whilst eating or a wet bum after sitting on a wet seat. No additional activities/facilities to accommodate guests in poor weather resulted in the days being quite tedious.

Think again if you smoke, this hotel forbids smoking on guest balconies / patio areas. If discovered smoking on the balcony / patio areas there is a fine of $200 BDs. This is very irritating, and in addition smoking areas are very limited, and are generally occupied especially in the evenings. There is also a severe lack of ashtrays; these frequently need to be requested. These rules will obviously appeal to some visitors but I think the travel guides should inform guests so that they can make an informed decision about this aspect of their holiday.

All the staff are excellent and very attentive to the needs of their guests. Staff in all the restaurants and bars went out of there way to be friendly and helpful. Winston, Hilary, Wendy and other staff were very friendly and took the time, when possible, to chat to guests.

I agree that the food is of generally good quality, especially in the Waterfront restaurant. We generally like to eat our evening meal later in the evening say after 8pm, so often ate in the Waterfront and Asiagos restaurants rather than have the buffet. Our experience of the buffet was that if you ate early the food was fresh and hot, any later than 8pm the quality and temperature of the food declined. I agree with the other reviewers that the birds in the restaurants at breakfast and lunch time were a nuisance. This didn’t bother me too much but the bird muck deposited on the chairs wasn’t ideal so do check before sitting down.

I also agree that the sun beds around the pool were on the mucky side and there was a lack of umbrellas. However, there are plenty on the beach and towels are provided.

I think generally that this hotel needs a bit of TLC to maintain its 4 star status. The furnishings and decoration are becoming tatty. The leaks in the restaurants should be repaired etc.

We enjoyed our holiday but I doubt that we would return to the Turtle Beach.

If you do visit, Ted’s Island tour is to be recommended. This was an excellent day out with several rum punch stops included.

Room Tip: Poolside ideal for children, higher floors have nice sea views.
1  Thank NewtownSurrey
Reviewed 7 May 2012

just returned from staying at turtle beach for 10 days, we had an amazing time, hotel, staff,
Weather (a few downpours but soon dried up) beach, everything you could wish for.
We stayed in room 411 ocean view which had the most amazing views.
Food and service was excellent nothing to much trouble, very attentive and never left you your
Glass half full !!.
There was one thing that I found unacceptable was that some guests were entering the
Dining rooms in bare feet coming off the beach (waterfront) which I felt was unhygienic especially with food out on display, I mentioned to the restaurant manager and this was soon
Rectified, one guest did question when told to wear footwear saying it was a beachfront
Dining, but they said that restaurant policy states " footwear to be worn in all restaurants
Whilst dining"

Halfway through the stay the canadian football team arrived with there "WAGS" apparently very
Well known in Canada, they were there for training.

A big big thank you to captain Sam and his "crew" who could not do enough for you
Sunbeds awesome, drinks, ice lollies, fruit all served up on the beach.
Also I want to mention a lovely guy called Damien who was brilliant, always singing and always
Had a smile for you, works very very hard as they all do, a great great character.....thanks
Damien.

So go to turtle beach you will not be disappointed, took a trip to crystal cove made us very
Welcome and equally looks a great place.

BIRDS - you will get the birds wherever you go in the carribbean , we didn't think that they
We're that troublesome at turtle beach, just cover your drinks etc etc with napkin, when you leave the table, have been
To worse over the 10 years going to Barbados.

So a big big thank you to turtle beach for an amazing stay and will return.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank sunnyessex10
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We stayed at Turtle Beach from the 9th April until the 16th April, before moving on the GPB Antigua the following week ( seperate review ). We were at the Turtle Beach to celebrate my wifes 50th birthday on the 13th and apart from the fact that our BA flight was delayed by 5 hours, everything was perfect.

We were greeted by smiles and a cold towel and drink at reception when we arrived, just what the doctor ordered after a very long day travelling. We were quickly signed in and shown to our room, which was an Ocean Front Room ( 437 ) and we were also given complimentary room service as we arrived at 21.00 hrs because of the delay.

We awoke to the sounds of the ocean and the view from the room was spectacular. See pictures.
The room was a good size and had everything you could require, even down to an Ipod dock !
The hotel has a complimentary Internet Cafe and all non motorised watersports are included, Speak to Captain Sam he will help you out.

The beach was very good and great for bodyboarding, ask my wife !!

The sunloungers are something else and are the best design I have ever had the pleasure to use. I was like having your own personal umbrella and you had the beach concierge for drinks etc.

The restaurants are very good with no repetious food, as stated on previous posts. You are in the Caribbean, you are going to get birds, cats, etc. Use a bit of common sense and cover your food/ drinks if you leave the table and all is good.

We did a couple of trips whilst in Barbados. Catamaran to swim with turtles which was brilliant and an island tour.You have got to go on the Reggae MiniVans to Bridgetown !!! $2BDS ( 70p )and the loudest Reggae music ever going at warp speed everywhere ! Briliant fun and should be on everyones bucket list.

I had e-mailed Olivia Skeete, Hotel Manager , a few times before our arrival to organise a " secret " Intimate Birthday dinner on the beach for my wife birthday on the 13th April as she is a " fussy " eater and the set menu would have to be altered. I met with Olivia and the Head Chef ( sorry, did not get your name ! ) and nothing was too much trouble for Chef.

The meal and the hotel was out of this world and really made my wifes birthday special. So much so, she did not want to leave !!

Thank you Olivia, Head Chef and your brilliant staff for all your hard work during our stay. We will be back, beware !!!

Gordon and Avril xx

Room Tip: If you can, upgrade to an top floor Ocean front room, as the views are spectacular.
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Just come back from getting married at this wonderful resort. Hotel staff were excellent, always friendly and extremely attentive - our glasses were never empty and our empty plates were never staring at you for long before they were cleared away. Nothing was too much for the staff here. Turtle Beach has 3 restaurants, the Italian one [Asiagios] on site is amazing and is always a fixed menu. If you fancy more variety then the main restaurant [Chelonia] mostly offers buffets. These change daily and offer a wide range of cuisine from across the world. They ranged from Asian buffets to International buffets. Waterfront bar was also great food in the day offering the more simple things in life such as a BBQ offering hot dogs, burgers and fish. Pizzas and french fries and more the more healthier people plenty of salads and wraps etc. Breaksfast also offered a wide range for all parties the food really was great. We stayed in a Ocean View suite and the view as you can imagine was stunning. Waking up to this was truely paradise, the beach was gorgeous and easily acessible. Entertainment was good but finished a little early for my liking at 22.00. As I said above the reason for our visit here was to get married and then enjoy our honeymoon. This place ticks all the boxes. Rosalind [Our Wedding Co-ordinator] and her team were amazing throughout. From the moment we arrived they made us feel welcome and relaxed, assuring us they would leave no stone unturned and make our day very special and we would not have to worry about a thing. This was welcoming news to us as we had travelled out alone. Our wedding day was perfect in every way from the decorated arch overlooking the ocean to the steel band they organised, we have a lot to thank Rosalind and her team for. If you are thinking of getting married in Barbados this is definetly the place. Final mention has to go to the beach team. They are so freindly and attentive. From the minute you step foot on the beach they are keen to help you find one of the hotels supplied sun loungers [free of charge] and a spot on the beach that you prefer. You also have staff bringing you refreshments to your lounger throughout the day aswell as icecreams which are warmly welcomed in the Carribean heat. Captain Sam is incharge of the watersports for the beach and again does a fine job. Sam and his team are super friendly and love to hook you up with the available watersports. As I am sure you can tell from my review we were truely blown away from our stay at the Turtle Beach and I would urge anyone to get themselves there and experience this - you definetly would not regret it - worth every penny.

Room Tip: Book a Ocean suite for a incredible view.
6  Thank Kelly I
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We stayed a week in April and had a very relaxing time. We had an Ocean View room which gave good views of the beach and you could hear the waves at night. There was little pressure on sun loungers and we easily got four beds for the family each day. Great bodyboarding (free hire) in the waves. The all inclusive worked well – the food was good and beers/wines/cocktails in free flow. We liked all the restaurants, although our favourite was the Waterfront Restaurant by the beach. We ate once at Asiagos (the Italian) which was good, but not a great atmosphere. Why the need to insist on such a strict dress code on this laid back island really does puzzle me. There was a good internet room with free access to the computers but strangely only a very expensive wifi, so unable to use ipads etc. The negatives were all the birds at breakfast and lunchtime. If you left the table unattended the birds would land on your glass or plate and start eating or drinking. Not at all relaxing. Finally, I felt the standard of the hotel, whilst good, was below that of many, if not all of the international hotels I have stayed in (in this price bracket).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family