2,915 results
All reviewscaptain samcrystal covewaterfront restaurantkids cluba la cartewater sportschelonia restaurantice cream parlourrum punchgreat holidayevening entertainmentdress codesister hotelboogie boardingjet skiall inclusive resortred flag
Reviewed 17 April 2012

The hotel general areas are very tired and could do with a complete refit. The majority of staff are quite surly and not warm and keen to serve. Good point to remember is to book the restaurant the day before or you may struggle to get the time you want. The hotel needs to have a buffet option to run daily for more flexibility.
The only exceptions I would rate as above average are the a la carte restaurants, the gym & the guys at the beach. Room maid service is appalling, almost every day something was missing from the room and I need to contact housekeeping for the items.
Overpriced and a bit shabby.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H__Jane__B__
Reviewed 16 April 2012

First time all inclusive and this was a great place to do it. Facilities, food, location was excellent and we had a great holiday

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank PeterTReading
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We stayed at the Turtle Beach hotel for a week (7th-14th April) with our 3 year old son. This is a difficult feedback to write as the hotel itself was not outrageously poor but equally does not show up well at all on a relative value basis - particularly when compared to what we experienced in the Middle East where for a slightly higher amount of money you get the royal treatment in an out of this world resort. I shall start with the positives.

Key Positive : Captain Sam & team. These are exceptionally friendly, competent, thoughtful and diligent individuals that make the beach area a real pleasure to go to. They are very good and entice you and your family to use them so you can enjoy your time at the beach. With them, there is something for everyone and no problem that does not find a quick solution.

Other Positives : Customer activities. Efficient bookings and good recommendations

Key negative : The food. Very poor choice, bland taste, not good. My school cantine was better and that is saying a lot. We ended up going to outside restaurants so we could have real food. Frankly, being in this part of the world and not having freshly squeezed orange juice for breakfast is not pardonnable.

Other negatives:
Rooms: Our room was tired and the bathroom just had a tiny shower tub befitting a motel. Our son slept on the sofabed and I wish he had had a real bed and us a real sofa area. I found room service being generally good.

Kids Club : Supposed to be one of the key positives. My wife and another mother got turned away when they wanted to leave their children in the care of the kids' club. I complained to the front desk, which came up with an excuse missing the point. The bottom line is that the staff needs to make you feel welcome to leave your children in their care. My recommendation is that They should all go for a two day training with Captain Sam.

Night entertainment : Apologies to be a party pooper but this was too loud and too late at night... and a nightly occurence. After a day at the beach, I want me and my family to rest not be treated to yelping artists till 10 at night. I have the foxes at night in London for that thank you very much.

Nor positive nor negative : Service. A strange one and reading from other comments I feel like this is something in transition. I feel that Some individuals clearly come from other hotels and have been hired to adress a deteriorating situation. That is for the best so keep it on. The results for the time being are mixed as some of the staff are more driven by a mix of fear and reluctance than by a genuine desire to be agreable in meeting requests.

Overall and again, not a poor experience but I was expecting something better than this for the cost.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Agrippa1
TracessYarde, Guest Relations Manager at Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Reviewer: Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at the Turtle Beach Resort. We sincerely apologize that although we did excel in certain areas, we were unable to meet all of your expectations. With respect to your son having to sleep on the sofa bed, please note that only the One-Bedroom Suites and the Deluxe Junior Suites can accommodate an extra bed in the room and still maintain its comfort. We have noted your disappointment with the food and beverages at the resort and assure you that since your visit we have increased menu choices as well as adding a wider variety of flavors. Again, thank you for your feedback and your suggestions will be noted for future improvement at the resort. We do encourage you to return to the resort sometime in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

We went to Turtle Beach last year and we thoroughly enjoyed our 2 week holiday. The only issues we found were lacks in dress code on evenings, slightly limited evening dinner choices and no air conditioning in the restaurant. Captain Sam and his crew were amazing and they couldn't do enough for you. Overall, we found our holiday very enjoyable and would highly recommend Turtle Beach to anyone wanting a relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Sea view would be highly recommended.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ASLN_12
Reviewed 14 April 2012

It is presently my last day of my 9-day stay w/ my husband and 2 boys (6 & 4 years old).
We got here April 5th and are leaving today on April 14th.

What made our stay somewhat bearable was the magnificent beach, the beautiful view from our beach front room (#441) and the outstanding kids club, that everyone that is here is continuously raving about and also very friendly staff (with some exception).

This hotel needs MAJOR renovation or need to bring their prices down RAPIDLY.

The bed we slept has broken springs, the AC unit blows right in my face while sleeping so I kept on turning it on and off through out night which resulted in me getting really ill and now sitting in my room w/ a cold and earache in 30 C weather.

After staying here for 7 days I had to ask housekeeping to change sheets because they hadn't changed them yet.
Once room is cleaned, towels is something that is ofter forgotten to reload and when you call and ask for them to bring some to your room....let's just say; I ended up having to go to reception at 11 pm and ask where I could go get them myself.
There is a ridiculous amount of dust in the room, I asked housekeeping to dust it off but that didn't happen either.

There are two pools on the resort; I would be there from 8 am to 5pm with an occasional back-and-forth to the beach. THE POOL WAS NEVER CLEANED! As the days passed the sand in there accumulated, the popsicle stains from random kids 5 days prior are still around pool which indicates the pool grounds have never been rinsed. Cigarette butts accumulating in the grass around the pool because there are no ashtrays and no one to pick them up. I caught some kids playing with the cigarette butts in the grass. The only thing they would pick up was the empty plastic cups.

All and all my trip was bearable but the price I paid for my 9 days was not even close to be worth it. This is a 3-star resort and I would have been OK with that if I had paid accordingly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MrsMacchi

Dear Reviewer: Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay at Turtle Beach Resort. We are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We perform ongoing maintenance in our rooms, so please accept our apologies that these problems were allowed to occur. We have since put measures in place to ensure more detailed inspections and maintenance of rooms on a regular basis. We pride ourselves in our routinely high level of service, and will be sure to utilize your feedback about our service and grounds, to prevent similar issues for guests in the future. Do let us know if you plan to visit us again as it would be our commitment to grasp any opportunity to make up for your disappointment.