All reviews neptune palm animation team beach boys sister hotel our room was spacious other hotels big bed red wine superb resort longer period great choice of food set foot on the beach south coast early hours of the morning great vacation full body lovely balcony
Reviewed 26 April 2018

Excellent hotel. Food is excellent, many facilities . An amazingly friendly staff.Special thanks to Mr Kalu - Mgr for his courtesy on our last day - providing us with a room to refresh before leaving for the airport. Also thanks for Franciscar for her fantastic cooking skills at the buffet.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
NEPTUNE H, Director of Sales at Neptune Palm Beach Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2018

Dear valuable Guest,
Sunny greetings from Neptune Hotels. Thank you for your open feedback. As a part of the leisure hotel industry, we are dependent on our customers' opinions. We look very much forward to welcome you again in one of our Beach Resorts or Safari Lodges.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

As usual the Neptune Palm lived up to our expectations. We are returning visitors to the hotel and it never fails to impress.

The rooms are large, clean and well maintained, the staff speak a variety of languages to accommodate visitors from many countries...they are also happy to teach you a few words in Swahili if you want to give it a try. We can now count...thanks Daniel and the animation team. Good job they never just let me eat what I can ask for in Swahili because fish and tea with cold milk would get a bit boring!!!

The food is superb and the chefs friendly and happy to accommodate additions and variations of eggs, pasta and rice dishes. The choice of dishes each meal is huge and there's something to please even fussy eaters.

A small problem with the room was dealt with within 15 minutes and was followed up with further calls to make sure the tap in the bathroom was still functioning properly.

All in all a superb stay and we can't wait to go again.

Room tip: All the rooms are good, some garden view, some sea view but all good
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
NEPTUNE H, Director of Sales at Neptune Palm Beach Boutique Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Reviewed 18 April 2018

I made my booking with an agent prior to our travel. Full payment was done prior to the travel. On checkin, we presented the voucher and were given our room.

On checkout, we were told to pay an additional 18,750/=. Reason is because the child had not been paid for. My child is still an infant under 2 yrs old. The receptionist also confirmed with me that anyone under 2 yrs is FREE yet he said that he was instructed to collect the payment from me regardless. Lucy took this matter over and did not even ask me to show proof of ID. She just simply refused to listen and insisted I pay. I had no choice but to pay otherwise I would have missed my flight. I flew back on Friday.

On Monday I took this matter up with my agent and copied neptune on it. I forwarded the passport copy as proof of age.

Its wednesday today and still no acknowledgement from the ground team that they are looking into this. This is a simple straight forward matter and not a bloody criminal case which needs investigation. Why the delay in refund? Why does the agent have to keep chasing you with emails every few hours? Why the inability to refund a client who has been wrongly charged?

I warned Neptune that I will post my experience on social media if they do not refund. They obviously are least bothered.

Watch out guys....stay clear of the Neptune chain of hotels. I have visited 90% of the hotels in North & South coast but never in my life have I been forced like this to pay without even willing to listen.

Room tip: My little one was attached by a monkey. There are loads of them around the hotel.
1  Thank jtxkenya

Thank you for your open feedback.
We are grateful for their interest and for their sharing suggestions for improvement with us.
Many thanks for letting us know your thoughts and concerns.
We have forwarded your correspondence to the relevant departments.

Reviewed 14 April 2018

An amazing resort. The facilities and staff were just right for a relaxing holiday. Our room was spacious and cleaned well. All-inclusive guests can use the neighbouring 2 Neptune resorts seamlessly and each of the 3 resorts has it's own appeal and charm. I have never seen a beach so unspoiled with such beautiful sand and the water is warm too! You do get a little hassle from local vendors etc. along the beach but be firm and polite and this is easily managed and turned into a positive.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 April 2018

My wife & I visited here in March 2018, all inclusive. The hotel & the chalets in the grounds are lovely. The rooms were clean & well kept, as were the grounds & the large pool. For an all inclusive hotel we found it rather off-putting that we had to pay a (albeit small) fee to activate the safe in our room. A couple of times the hot water in our shower didn't work but it was soon put right when reported. The bar by the restaurant was well stocked, as was the pool bar. All of the staff were very friendly. We booked a glass bottomed boat trip from the hotel next door (there are three hotels in the group & we had the use of all of them) & it was very good. Most of the activities took place in the middle hotel (next one along from us), which suited us as we didn't want to partake & it left us with a peaceful stay. The monkeys in the grounds are discouraged by the staff but most of the guests found them very entertaining, & they would appear on our balcony peering in to the room at us (keep the doors closed unless you want monkey chaos!). There are plenty of loungers in the large grounds, which is just as well as the beach area is spoilt by the "beach boys", locals who ply their trade (tacky souvenirs, trips, massages, etc) & they zoom in on you the moment you set foot on the beach & generally mither you & spoil the experience. The same goes for venturing out of the hotel at the front. We took a tuk-tuk to a local shopping centre & again were mithered by locals trying to sell us their wares. There was a great choice of food at the hotel, but for us this was spoilt by the many flies that were all over the place at the daytime meals (they weren't about in the evening). They were on the breads, the meats, the sweets, in fact anything that wasn't covered, & also on your cutlery & plates. I picked up a tummy bug & so did my wife, hers lasting for 10 days after our arrival home, & I know some of the other guests also had tummy troubles as the first time we were to go on the boat trip it was cancelled because some of the other guests had tummy upsets & there were not enough numbers to make the trip worthwhile. On the day of our departure we were to be picked up mid afternoon & we were grateful that for a reasonable fee the hotel let us keep our room until our collection as at the time I had stomach cramps. To sum it up, it is a lovely hotel with friendly staff, ideal if you just want to relax in the grounds, but spoilt by the locals if you stray.....& beware of "the runs"!

Room tip: Ask for a room near the pool as it's a fair walk from reception
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank manxmanpaul

Thank you for your open feedback.
Many thanks for letting us know your experiences. We have forwarded your correspondence to the relevant departments.