My wife and I recently stayed at Sri Panwa for four nights.
Location - The resort is located on a peninsula at the south east end of Phuket approx. 45 mins from the airport. The resort is elevated on a hillside and there is a small town (Cape Panwa) with a few good, casual restaurants immediately outside of the resort gates. There are a handful of other resorts in the area, but it is largely away from the crowds and the resort has a very private feel.
Grounds - the resort is a collection of separate villas spread across the hillside with a main pool club building that houses the pool suites, main pool, baba q restaurant, a bar, etc. The spa and fitness center are in separate buildings close to the pool club and there is a separate 270 degree viewing platform - the baba nest - at the top of the hill for watching sunsets (we went twice during our stay - awesome views). There are staff in tuk tuks (small motorized vehicles) available to ferry you around the resort (recommended given the elevation changes and distances). There is also a separate beach pool that has sun in the morning and is relatively private and quiet. There is a small, private east-facing beach, but it is shaded for most of the day and is usually empty. This is not really a beach resort, but the rooms, pools and other spaces were so awesome that we didn't really notice.
Room - we stayed in a pool suite which was very spacious, with high quality modern finishes, and a small patio and plunge pool. We requested, and were put on a high floor and had a great view. The mattress was quite hard but comfortable. Great extras - free wifi and mini-bar (with beer!) restocked daily, bose sound system, iPod dock, nespresso machine, complimentary resort bag and towel, etc. Despite the location in the pool club, we were never bothered any noise. It is one of the nicest rooms I've ever stayed in.
Restaurants - we ate all breakfasts and most lunches at baba q, which had good (but not excellent) food and a wide selection. We also had one dinner at baba q at a recessed table surrounded by water at the front of the pool club which was unique and romantic - would definitely recommend. We ate two other dinners off of the resort at restaurants (Sawasdee and Live India) in the adjacent town which had great, inexpensive food. There is a bar in the pool club that makes tasty drinks, and has a good happy hour with an in-house dj.
Service - very friendly and efficient service. The staff at the resort goes out of their way to make you feel at home and to accommodate requests. They arranged tours, taxis, and dinner reservations among other things. English ability is variable as mentioned, but not bad for thailand and the staff try hard and are super nice. We also found the resort to be extremely clean, and the room cleaning staff are a bit like cleaning ninjas - cleaning your room the moment you're away from it.
Other - the spa was excellent - try a massage there - ours were very good. The resort also organized a day tour to koh phi phi with an external tour company for us, which was more crowded (both the boat and beaches) than we expected, but was otherwise well run. Would recommend booking before traveling with another company that picks you up from the hotel before 7am to beat the crowds (our pick-up was just before 8am). Most of the tour companies with good reviews on tripadvisor no longer had space (unsurprisingly) when we tried booking the week we arrived.
Overall we had an awesome stay. It was hard to leave. Highlights were the location and quality of the space and rooms, which were really exceptional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sri panwa is a luxury pool villa hotel located on the southeastern tip of Phuket. We are a mixed development,housing both one- and two-bedroom hotel pool villas and a selection of larger, distinctive residential homes.Hidden in more than 80 rai of undisturbed rain- forest and overlooking the Andaman ocean from more than 60 meters above sea level, our villas are truly spectacular creations. Each villa has been custom-designed to suit the topography of Cape Panwa. Many of our villa possess both sunriseand sunset views over the glistening Phuket. Hotel villas are completely private and very sexy, with infinity-edge swimming pools wrapped seamlessly around glass-enclosed bed- rooms. Wake up next to your companion, open the glass sliding doors and dive into the pool for a short swim - maybe at the outdoor sala where breakfast awaits. In the mood for a romantic evening? Order dinner in the villa, cozy up your partner on your sprawling sofa-bed and let our state-of-the-art entertainment system take over. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Hotels.com, Prestigia, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, Agoda and HRS so you can book your Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sri Panwa Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Sri Panwa Cape
- Sri Panwa Hotel Cape
- Sri Panwa Phuket Luxury Pool Villa Hotel Cape Panwa