All reviewsbeach frontbooked a garden view roomphuket townlow tidequiet hotelbig buddhabeach barhustle bustlebit datedfried ricebars and restaurantshappy hourwelcome drinkrelaxing holidaymassageseapanwa
Reviewed 6 December 2012

An ideal beach getaway in Chalong Bay...away from the business of the city, Panwa offers excellent customer service, friendly staff and overall a great stay. I would definitely go back to Panwa. For rest and relaxation, I would strongly recomment Panwa Beach Resort.

Room Tip: Deluxe Seaview suites definitely
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
PanwaBeachResort_11, General Manager at Panwa Boutique Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear Denise,

Happy New Year!
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other Tripadvisor travelers.
Customers are the reason why we exist and we aim at providing excellent customer service at all time.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Phuket and to the Panwa Beach Resort.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 5 December 2012

Travellers who appreciate international quality and good individual service will love this place.This is my 6th trip to Phuket of which I have stayed 4 times at the Panwa Beach Resort. I normally travel alone and therefore I am very critical in respect of being noticed ! Very often groups and families with children or even couples attract so much attention, that the more quiet individual is not being paid attention to. BUT at this hotel I feel that they ALL treat me as a family member. And even a family member who they love. It is such a comforting feeling to be in a hotel, where staff recognize you, they greet you in a family-like but respectful way and always try to make you feel welcome. And without asking, they do what you wish to be done.and this service is extended as far as I could see, to ALL guests. Thank you!
The hotel has what you need when you want to spoil yourself: an excellent breakfast buffet , a beautiful swimmingpool with a view to the ocean, bars and a private beach. There is of course high tide and low! But when its high, the swimming is perfect. At night, if you dont eat at the hotel, you have two nice beach restaurants just 1-200 meters to the left, when you go down on the beach. During daytime you can get all sort of fresh juice. Highly recommended.and the hotel runs a taxi shuttle service to the shopping and entertainment places in Phuket. Its safe and has a reasonable price

The hotel has a number of stairs , when you walk from the beach and up to the rooms and lobby. A few elderly people have noticed this and feel that its a problem.But 99 pct of potential guests will not have any problems- just take time!
So all in all, I will come back for sure. And hope to meet other quality oriented individual travellers who have read this.

Room Tip: You should notice , that some of the rooms with garden view, is on the ground floor. So if you want to have more privacy, ask for a room on 1st floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Dear Erik,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor and on behalf of all our associates, we would like to wish you and your loved one a Happy & Prosperous New Year.
Thank you for all the praise and rest assure that this has been shared with all our associates.

When do you plan your 05th visit to the resort? To let you know we have just opened our new beach restaurant where you can enjoy some nice lunches and BBQ seafood in the evening.
Feel free to contact me directly: claude.sauter@marcopolohotels.com

Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 December 2012

We had prebooked and prepaid 6 nights at Panwa Beach Resort but only stayed for one after the terrible service we encountered at the front desk. Even before we arrived alarm bells rang. We were staying in another hotel in a different part of Phuket before we came and one day before we were due to arrive at PBR I asked our previous hotel to call and reconfirm our transfer. I could hear that there was a dispute going on and finally the phone was handed to me as PBR were apparently insisting that we didn't have a reservation. I managed to clear up our reservation and confirm the time for our transfer but still felt uneasy especially after receiving an email a few hours later from PBR again asking to reconfirm our transfer time... The next day we waited at Phuket Airport (our agreed pick-up point) for our PBR transfer for 30 minutes and only found him with the help of another hotel transfer staff who kindly offered to help us. The 'transfer' turned out to be a taxi that PBR had sent for us - not an issue in itself but we wonder if we would have found him if we hadn't received some help. Upon arrival at PBR we approached the reception desk where a staff member waited, who wasn't only not smiling, but practically scowling at us. I handed over our reservation vouchers and she just scowled at them and shuffled them from one hand to another in silence for a few minutes. She started to dispute our confirmation until I explained our confirmation details which is what she'd been looking at for five minutes. She finally checked us in. We were starting to feel very uneasy and confused - there was no reason for us to receive such an inhospitable welcome. We were taken to our room on the top (4th?) floor and were further disappointed. It certainly wasn't of a standard we expected. We'd requested a King Bed and what we got - not unusual - was two beds pushed together, but because the bedside table normally sat between the beds and had short powercords connected to the wall, the beds were pushed to one far end of the bedhead and away from where the (unmoveable) television was facing. The room also had a faint smell of cigarette smoke masked with a strong and not terribly pleasant deodoriser. I tried to use the wifi and found it wasn't working so I called reception. I was told we didn't have wifi included in our booking. I said, I have it here in writing in an email from the hotel confirming that I have wifi in our room included. I was then told, well, you don't have it included so could you come down to reception to show us this confirmation? We were very unhappy at this point but walked the 4 floors down to show them the email from the hotel which I had luckily printed out which clearly itemised in room wifi in the list of inclusions in our booking. The woman who scowled at us through check in was still there and left it to a colleague to apologise. We walked back up to our room to use the wifi to look for another hotel. When we found one, I tried to make a local call to ask about availability and found that our phone could not dial out. This was the final straw and we checked out the next morning. We booked PBR based on the great reviews here on Tripadvisor but we cannot believe they are about the same hotel. Overall nothing disastrous happened but the terrible service we experienced was quite affronting and not something we were willing to put up with on our holiday. When we checked out the same woman was at the reception desk. She didn't ask why we were checking out early - perhaps she was used to it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank IamKP
Daniale L, General Manager at Panwa Boutique Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback to Panwa Boutique Beach Resort.

We shall take all of your comments to discuss among our team for a further improvement and solution, please rest assured that we shall keep up our work to always satisfy our valued guests.

Kind Regards,

Dan

Reviewed 27 November 2012

I'm from Malaysia. Stayed here with my wife from 22 nov - 25 nov 2012. Beautiful and lovely hotel. All the staff here are 'super' friendly and very2 helpful. Have a nice pool and private beach. We enjoyed our self n would love to stay here again next time. A 'bit' far from town but that's not a problem. The services here are excellence. Great experience for us..what a life at Panwa beach resort. Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: Room 112...garden view. just nice n peaceful..
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
PanwaBeachResort_11, General Manager at Panwa Boutique Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for posting a review on Tripadvisor.
We are glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance.
With kind regards,
Claude

Reviewed 2 November 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel from the 26th of October for 6 nights. What a gem. The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were well maintained, the bedding clean and everything was working well. The view from our room was amazing.

We have ranting and raving about our stay there and do definitely recommend it.

Thank you for making our stay unforgettable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dBongs
PanwaBeachResort_11, General Manager at Panwa Boutique Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.
With warm regards,