“Excellent family relax away from it all”

Panwa Boutique Beach Resort
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Cape Panwa
Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stayed in Panwa beach from 27th Nov to 7th Dec (10 days) with my fiancee and his parents and sister (all adults 25, 26, 47, 50, 21) After about 20 hours of getting there first impression was very good, we received cold towels and refreshing drink on arrival. Our room was massive: living room, bedroom and massive bedroom with bath and wet shower and big balcony. Hotel itself were old, room was big but everything in the room is quite old, but very clean... but when you see an incredible views when you open your eyes in the morning you just forget about everything :)

In the first day at the hotel we ordered a room service and it was excellent a bit too pricy for
Thailand £50...but later we realised that all yummy and well presented food were only £25 and and £25 were a bottle of wine (if you're a wine drinker I recommend to buy some in duty free or in local tesco lotus, but keep in mind that is prohibited by law to sell alcohol in Thailand between 14-17 o'clock).

My fiancee's parents arrived the same day, but in the evening. They been given room next to ours, which were twice smaller, however there were a door in between rooms, which were very convenient for us as a family. The only challenge was to walk upstairs to 4th floar as there is no lift.

Hotel was wholly book, but it did not feel like it as there always were plenty of space on the beach and nearby pool. Be careful swimming during low tide, as my fiance cut his foot and had to be put a 4 stitches in hospital. Hotel first aid were were good. I expected hospital to be dirty and old, but it extended my expectations by far, miles better than many hospital in manchester (Phucket International hospital). We had to pay upfront, due to time difference insurance office in Manchester were closed. We paid £140 for first visit. So, my advice swim only during high tide.

We usually had a lunch and the dinner at the beach cafes nearby on the beach, which are much cheaper, but a couple of times had room service and dinned in the restaurant at the hotel (please keep in mind all prices in the menu don't include VAT 7% and service charge 10%). First dinner we had was Loy Krathong Festival on 28 November there..buffet style plus show and also had a dinner on my fiancee's 26th birthday and it was very good, i had a seafood platter to share for about £25 it was yummy for a seafood lover as me (I don't eat meet, but chicken), but for my fiancee who is a steak type of person was just good... but when he order a steak one day for £16 he didn't really enjoyed...not a TGI fridays in Manchester :) and this steak cost us about £17 (which is very expensive for Thailand). Breakfast in my opinion was amazing, there were everything... I'm a fussy eater, but I always had a choice, however they didn't have a toasts for 2 days (my English breakfast boyfriend were disappointed ), but I think there was a food to everybody's taste, things like noodles and fired rise.... so you could have a breakfast and lunch.
We had a few misunderstanding with staff due to English, but in general staff and managers who we saw all the time were very nice and helpful. Very good relax on the beach... defiantly will return to panwa beach... thanks to everyone who made our stay pleasure.

Room Tip: if you'd like massive room with excellent views... 425 choice
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Daniale L, General Manager at Panwa Boutique Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback to Panwa Boutique Beach Resort.

We shall take all of your comments to discuss among our team for a further improvement and solution, please rest assured that we shall keep up our work to always satisfy our valued guests.

Kind Regards,

Dan

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 December 2012

An ideal beach getaway in Chalong Bay...away from the business of the city, Panwa offers excellent customer service, friendly staff and overall a great stay. I would definitely go back to Panwa. For rest and relaxation, I would strongly recomment Panwa Beach Resort.

Room Tip: Deluxe Seaview suites definitely
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
PanwaBeachResort_11, General Manager at Panwa Boutique Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear Denise,

Happy New Year!
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other Tripadvisor travelers.
Customers are the reason why we exist and we aim at providing excellent customer service at all time.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Phuket and to the Panwa Beach Resort.

With warm regards,

Reviewed 5 December 2012

Travellers who appreciate international quality and good individual service will love this place.This is my 6th trip to Phuket of which I have stayed 4 times at the Panwa Beach Resort. I normally travel alone and therefore I am very critical in respect of being noticed ! Very often groups and families with children or even couples attract so much attention, that the more quiet individual is not being paid attention to. BUT at this hotel I feel that they ALL treat me as a family member. And even a family member who they love. It is such a comforting feeling to be in a hotel, where staff recognize you, they greet you in a family-like but respectful way and always try to make you feel welcome. And without asking, they do what you wish to be done.and this service is extended as far as I could see, to ALL guests. Thank you!
The hotel has what you need when you want to spoil yourself: an excellent breakfast buffet , a beautiful swimmingpool with a view to the ocean, bars and a private beach. There is of course high tide and low! But when its high, the swimming is perfect. At night, if you dont eat at the hotel, you have two nice beach restaurants just 1-200 meters to the left, when you go down on the beach. During daytime you can get all sort of fresh juice. Highly recommended.and the hotel runs a taxi shuttle service to the shopping and entertainment places in Phuket. Its safe and has a reasonable price

The hotel has a number of stairs , when you walk from the beach and up to the rooms and lobby. A few elderly people have noticed this and feel that its a problem.But 99 pct of potential guests will not have any problems- just take time!
So all in all, I will come back for sure. And hope to meet other quality oriented individual travellers who have read this.

Room Tip: You should notice , that some of the rooms with garden view, is on the ground floor. So if you want...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Dear Erik,

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor and on behalf of all our associates, we would like to wish you and your loved one a Happy & Prosperous New Year.
Thank you for all the praise and rest assure that this has been shared with all our associates.

When do you plan your 05th visit to the resort? To let you know we have just opened our new beach restaurant where you can enjoy some nice lunches and BBQ seafood in the evening.
Feel free to contact me directly: claude.sauter@marcopolohotels.com

Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 December 2012

We had prebooked and prepaid 6 nights at Panwa Beach Resort but only stayed for one after the terrible service we encountered at the front desk. Even before we arrived alarm bells rang. We were staying in another hotel in a different part of Phuket before we came and one day before we were due to arrive at PBR I asked our previous hotel to call and reconfirm our transfer. I could hear that there was a dispute going on and finally the phone was handed to me as PBR were apparently insisting that we didn't have a reservation. I managed to clear up our reservation and confirm the time for our transfer but still felt uneasy especially after receiving an email a few hours later from PBR again asking to reconfirm our transfer time... The next day we waited at Phuket Airport (our agreed pick-up point) for our PBR transfer for 30 minutes and only found him with the help of another hotel transfer staff who kindly offered to help us. The 'transfer' turned out to be a taxi that PBR had sent for us - not an issue in itself but we wonder if we would have found him if we hadn't received some help. Upon arrival at PBR we approached the reception desk where a staff member waited, who wasn't only not smiling, but practically scowling at us. I handed over our reservation vouchers and she just scowled at them and shuffled them from one hand to another in silence for a few minutes. She started to dispute our confirmation until I explained our confirmation details which is what she'd been looking at for five minutes. She finally checked us in. We were starting to feel very uneasy and confused - there was no reason for us to receive such an inhospitable welcome. We were taken to our room on the top (4th?) floor and were further disappointed. It certainly wasn't of a standard we expected. We'd requested a King Bed and what we got - not unusual - was two beds pushed together, but because the bedside table normally sat between the beds and had short powercords connected to the wall, the beds were pushed to one far end of the bedhead and away from where the (unmoveable) television was facing. The room also had a faint smell of cigarette smoke masked with a strong and not terribly pleasant deodoriser. I tried to use the wifi and found it wasn't working so I called reception. I was told we didn't have wifi included in our booking. I said, I have it here in writing in an email from the hotel confirming that I have wifi in our room included. I was then told, well, you don't have it included so could you come down to reception to show us this confirmation? We were very unhappy at this point but walked the 4 floors down to show them the email from the hotel which I had luckily printed out which clearly itemised in room wifi in the list of inclusions in our booking. The woman who scowled at us through check in was still there and left it to a colleague to apologise. We walked back up to our room to use the wifi to look for another hotel. When we found one, I tried to make a local call to ask about availability and found that our phone could not dial out. This was the final straw and we checked out the next morning. We booked PBR based on the great reviews here on Tripadvisor but we cannot believe they are about the same hotel. Overall nothing disastrous happened but the terrible service we experienced was quite affronting and not something we were willing to put up with on our holiday. When we checked out the same woman was at the reception desk. She didn't ask why we were checking out early - perhaps she was used to it.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank IamKP

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback to Panwa Boutique Beach Resort.

Kind Regards,

Dan

Reviewed 27 November 2012

I'm from Malaysia. Stayed here with my wife from 22 nov - 25 nov 2012. Beautiful and lovely hotel. All the staff here are 'super' friendly and very2 helpful. Have a nice pool and private beach. We enjoyed our self n would love to stay here again next time. A 'bit' far from town but that's not a problem. The services here are excellence. Great experience for us..what a life at Panwa beach resort. Highly recommended!!!

Room Tip: Room 112...garden view. just nice n peaceful..
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
PanwaBeachResort_11, General Manager at Panwa Boutique Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for posting a review on Tripadvisor.
We are glad to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need any assistance.
With kind regards,