We stayed in Panwa beach from 27th Nov to 7th Dec (10 days) with my fiancee and his parents and sister (all adults 25, 26, 47, 50, 21) After about 20 hours of getting there first impression was very good, we received cold towels and refreshing drink on arrival. Our room was massive: living room, bedroom and massive bedroom with bath and wet shower and big balcony. Hotel itself were old, room was big but everything in the room is quite old, but very clean... but when you see an incredible views when you open your eyes in the morning you just forget about everything :)
In the first day at the hotel we ordered a room service and it was excellent a bit too pricy for
Thailand £50...but later we realised that all yummy and well presented food were only £25 and and £25 were a bottle of wine (if you're a wine drinker I recommend to buy some in duty free or in local tesco lotus, but keep in mind that is prohibited by law to sell alcohol in Thailand between 14-17 o'clock).
My fiancee's parents arrived the same day, but in the evening. They been given room next to ours, which were twice smaller, however there were a door in between rooms, which were very convenient for us as a family. The only challenge was to walk upstairs to 4th floar as there is no lift.
Hotel was wholly book, but it did not feel like it as there always were plenty of space on the beach and nearby pool. Be careful swimming during low tide, as my fiance cut his foot and had to be put a 4 stitches in hospital. Hotel first aid were were good. I expected hospital to be dirty and old, but it extended my expectations by far, miles better than many hospital in manchester (Phucket International hospital). We had to pay upfront, due to time difference insurance office in Manchester were closed. We paid £140 for first visit. So, my advice swim only during high tide.
We usually had a lunch and the dinner at the beach cafes nearby on the beach, which are much cheaper, but a couple of times had room service and dinned in the restaurant at the hotel (please keep in mind all prices in the menu don't include VAT 7% and service charge 10%). First dinner we had was Loy Krathong Festival on 28 November there..buffet style plus show and also had a dinner on my fiancee's 26th birthday and it was very good, i had a seafood platter to share for about £25 it was yummy for a seafood lover as me (I don't eat meet, but chicken), but for my fiancee who is a steak type of person was just good... but when he order a steak one day for £16 he didn't really enjoyed...not a TGI fridays in Manchester :) and this steak cost us about £17 (which is very expensive for Thailand). Breakfast in my opinion was amazing, there were everything... I'm a fussy eater, but I always had a choice, however they didn't have a toasts for 2 days (my English breakfast boyfriend were disappointed ), but I think there was a food to everybody's taste, things like noodles and fired rise.... so you could have a breakfast and lunch.
We had a few misunderstanding with staff due to English, but in general staff and managers who we saw all the time were very nice and helpful. Very good relax on the beach... defiantly will return to panwa beach... thanks to everyone who made our stay pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The tranquil Panwa Boutique Beach Resort is a hidden gem situated along the natural beaches of Panwa in Phuket. This hideaway resort has a laid back tropical ambiance and exclusive seafront setting far from the well trodden west coast beaches, a sanctuary where guests can relax and rejuvenate amidst unspoilt natural beaches. Concept of boutique traveller in mind with a focus on service, guest get free WiFi, and free mini bar once a day and replenished on a daily basis. The sheltered beachfront overlooking the distant bobbing boats of Chalong Bay has pristine sands and gentle waves all-year-round making it a secure haven for romantic couples and families. The contemporary guestrooms have Thai décor highlights creating a warm and inviting space to unwind in style, just a few steps from the glistening resort pool and white sands. Offering numerous venues for dining and drinking, Panwa Boutique Beach Resort will tempt your taste buds with fresh seafood, authentic Thai cuisine and international delights. Be pampered from head to toe at our spa, explore the shopping malls and boutique stores in town just minutes away and embark on an unforgettable boat trip to many spectacular islands and beaches offshore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Prestigia and Ctrip TA so you can book your Panwa Boutique Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Beach Resort Panwa Phuket Hotel Cape Panwa
- Novotel Cape Panwa
- Accor Cape Panwa
- Novotel Phuket
- Phuket Novotel
- Panwa Boutique Beach Resort Phuket/Cape Panwa