All reviewspool access roomgrand pool villapool barice bucketdeluxe roomjohn's gardenair conthai architecturelocal restaurantsan updatelate checkoutour honeymoonstayed here for nightsegg stationfire showmain poolplenty of sun loungers
Reviewed 5 March 2011

After checking in I was assured my suitcase would be brought right up. Waited 45 minutes, no bag. Went to lobby and they had no idea. Had me look in the back of a van. No bag. After about 20 minutes I noticed a manager asking about a bag which I could not see on a walk way. I ran up and sure enough it was mine. Whew! Went back to the room and went into the bathroom. Disgusting. Dirty and a big soaking wet towel in the middle of the floor. Peeling paint, cigarette burn marks. Went to wash my hands. Two sinks. Drain would not open in one. Used the other sink and the faucett came off in my hand as water gushed out the tap. Luckily was able to get it back on. Went to have shower and the drain cover was off and laying on the ground. Overhead shower would not remain on unless I held it with one hand. I made decision to just check out the next morning but thought I should give them a chance. I went to the front desk and asked to speak to the resident manager. I was told that I was not allowed to talk to him and that I first needed to speak to the front desk manager. I informed him of my issues and he said he was going into a meeting with the resident manager and would speak to him about changing my room. Great. He was to get back to me in the afternoon. I never heard back from anyone and checked out the next day!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Carl004
MercureSamuiBuriMgr, General Manager at Samui Buri Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Mercure Samui Buri Resort. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us as you have raised some concerning points. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the shortfalls encountered and prevent future occurrence.

Clinton Lovell
Mercure Samui Buri Resort

Reviewed 24 February 2011

We had five rooms at the Mercure as we were in Samui for our daughter's wedding. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. There were a few times when we had a language problem but to be honest that is the charm of being in Thailand. Having visited Cheweng we were so grateful to return to our oasis slightly off the touristy parts. Food in hotel good and reasonable especially around the pool bar. Within a few minutes of the hotel we found John's Garden, Luna Hut and Harry's, all of which offered exceptional food at very reasonable prices. Once a week the management hold a 'getting to know you' reception at the pool bar and residents are able to talk with staff. All in all I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2011

We were recommended this resort by friends, and because they had raved about it we were excited, but we also wondered whether it sounded too good to be true... Well, I'm happy to say that it exceeded all our expectations!! It was far more impressive than we possibly could have imagined. The resort is set on a beautiful beach with stunning views, the pool was fabulous and the water features throughout the resort offered a tranquil and relaxing stay. It also had fantastic facilities - I would highly recommend a spa treatment!!! :)
I have to say what made our stay especially enjoyable was the fantastic service we had. The resort staff were attentive and always responded quickly to any queries. They also offered tips on what to do on the island which was extremely helpful and insured we had a great stay. The restaurant was of a high standard too and offered a great variety of meals....and the cocktails were to die for.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Koh Samui. I will definitely go back!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2011

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2011

We arrived at the Mercure late in the evening for four nights. We were recieved well, and taken to our room with minimal fuss. We had a single standing room with 2 king beds, and a private pool of our own. It was close to the main area, being the great infinity pool, restaurant and beach. The beach was great, very quiet and I saw 2 hawkers there the whole time. Got 50% off the room with a good Accor deal. The restuarant service was pretty average, even though the staff were very polite and friendly. Actually service in the morning was fine, in the evening it was rubbish, and it wasn't even busy. Just slow, and absent staff. Great coffee from the pool bar, and they also do a great club sandwich. Favourite thing - the pool and the massage in the outdoor spa overlooking the beach, listening to the sea. Least favourite thing - the lack of urgency at dinner time. The food was good.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family