This is a lovely place, very well maintained. It is in a very quiet part of the island, and would not be for everyone, but we liked it a lot. We would have the following comments;
- the pool villas are probably not worth the price, you could just as well have an apartment in the main building for much less and still use all the facilities, go for the top floor
- there is a fair bit of refuse washed up each day, they do clean the beach but its not great when you are swimming in it
- the restaurant is good for breakfast but limited and over-priced for dinner, go to one of the restaurants just a two minute walk from the hotel
- the air conditioning in our villa was very noisy, you would not hear another person speaking to you in the main room!
- the staff are very friendly, but the grounds people have a habit of appearing from the undergrowth when you least expect them, be aware that you are never really alone!!
- it will cost you 500' bhat to get a taxi to the nearest shops/bars in Chaweng, so you won't do that very often
- the spa is really nice and reasonably priced, we used it several times
- there is a small room with exercise machines if you are into that
- there is a nice beach to walk on
- its very near to the ferry for the full moon party island, but you have to get on it at 8am if you want to spend the day there.
- its very clean everywhere
We would recommend this hotel if you want a very quiet, relaxing holiday in exotic surroundings,it really is very nice.
Don't bring the kids!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Buri Beach Resort is a very charming, boutique Thai experience offering huge & unique rooms & villas, lush gardens, impressive sports & leisure facilities and a stunning scenic beach perfect to relax and unwind. The impressive infinity pool, fitness centre, kids club and Seetawaree restaurant are all located directly at the beach all with postcard views. The hotel is ideal to get away from it all yet also conveniently located for golf, excursions and to indulge the best of Southern Thailand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Ctrip TA so you can book your Samui Buri Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Buri Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Mercure Koh Samui
- Mercure Samui Buri Hotel
- Samui Buri Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand