This hotel is just wonderful......The staff were amazing and only too happy to help with anything that we needed. We stayed as part of a small wedding party (30 people) and usually one would expect there to be a few hiccups along the way with that many people being taken care of at once, but the staff were superbly organised and always happy to help.
Rooms were enormous - some of the biggest standard room sizes I have seen. The rooms were well equipped and we weren't left wanting for anything. Huge bathroom and good sized balcony too. Air con was fantasic and temperature individually controlled to your liking.
Meals were great - Buffet breakfast was included in our package and ample selection to choose from. Usual buffet stuff but always nice & fresh. Egg station recommended. Meals outside these times were tasty but a bit pricy, but still cheap compared to western standards. Lots of little restaurants nearby for cheap local food.
Drinks were normally priced for a hotel. Happy hour at the pool bar was great value. Many delicious cocktails were had during these times!
The pool area was fantastic and plenty of deck chairs around the pool and on the beach to cater for everyone. Umbrellas were always on the ready to provide us with some shade. Staff were always on hand to assist around this area too.
Day spa was absolute heaven - very cheap massages when compared to Australian prices. Cheaper places nearby for massage but well worth the extra $$ to go here. Was amazing!
The wedding we attended was beautiful and every small detail was thought of. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel if anyone is planning a wedding in Koh Samui. The wedding coordinator had thought of absolutely everything and was there to oversee even the smallest of things to make sure it all ran smoothly. I can't commend them enough on their efforts.
Don't be deterred by the location, it's about a 20 minute drive to Chaweng Beach or the "touristy area" of Samui. If you like to be amongst all the noise and shopping, etc. then this particular hotel might not be for you. But if you want something nice & quiet but still with plenty nearby, this is the place! We hired a moped for 200Baht a day ($7 AUD) and took this into Chaweng when we needed a spot of shopping, etc. Taxi options from the hotel were also cheap and plentiful if mopeds are not your thing.
No complaints at all for this hotel either - no hesitation whatsoever in recommending this to everyone! :o)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Buri Beach Resort is a very charming, boutique Thai experience offering huge & unique rooms & villas, lush gardens, impressive sports & leisure facilities and a stunning scenic beach perfect to relax and unwind. The impressive infinity pool, fitness centre, kids club and Seetawaree restaurant are all located directly at the beach all with postcard views. The hotel is ideal to get away from it all yet also conveniently located for golf, excursions and to indulge the best of Southern Thailand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Samui Buri Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Buri Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Mercure Koh Samui
- Mercure Samui Buri Hotel
- Samui Buri Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand