I stayed at Samui Buri Beach Resort on December 27th 2011 - December 30th 2011.
I had stayed at the hotel previously exactly a year before when it was run by Accor Mercure. I have to say the hotel is becoming a little tired and worn down.
The thing i loved about the hotel was the atmosphere and how relaxing it feels staying here and the lovely infinity pool.
I stayed in a pool villa again and found that the room is becoming run down. towels were grey, floors are really scratched & worn, bathroom wood was mouldy & spliting as well as the blinds. Sun chairs on the beach & by the pool were splitting & fading. Grounds don't look as maintained.
The pool villa we were given the year before was a lot nicer also. It had a better lay out and wasn't located next to an alley way/walk way and deserted hotel.
I also found the bathroom to be a pain as we constantly had to shut the wooden blinds as the windows looked out straight onto the main walk way people had to take from the main reception to the pool villas / pool.
And we had a steep lot of wooden steps to walk up into our room.
The staff are very lovely and helpful. On a couple of times they took us on the golf buggy to 7/11 for bits and pieces. And front desk were always willing to help us with any information we needed. We had a problem with our booking through asia web direct where our booking was 3 people and stated this but the room description said the room could only have 2 people.
They initially wanted to charge us for the extra person but after i showed them these documents there was no charge.
The hotel is really relaxing. And the beach restaurant has some great deals for dinner & happy hour. They also have great deals for massages on the beach.
The beach it self does not have much going on some little bars, but the hotel feels very seclusive on this beach as there doesn't seem to be any other hotels close bar.
There is also a Pier that has Lomprayah Charters going to Koh Phangan we booked our transfers through the hotel and went from this Pier to Koh Phangan. The hotel also took us to the pier free of charge (We did tip).
When i return this year I'm going to give W retreat a try which is also located in Mae-Nam beach.
Thank Samui Buri Staff especially front desk for looking after us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Buri Beach Resort is a very charming, boutique Thai experience offering huge & unique rooms & villas, lush gardens, impressive sports & leisure facilities and a stunning scenic beach perfect to relax and unwind. The impressive infinity pool, fitness centre, kids club and Seetawaree restaurant are all located directly at the beach all with postcard views. The hotel is ideal to get away from it all yet also conveniently located for golf, excursions and to indulge the best of Southern Thailand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Ostrovok so you can book your Samui Buri Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Buri Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Mercure Koh Samui
- Mercure Samui Buri Hotel
- Samui Buri Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand