Stayed at this hotel for a week and we were upgraded to a pool access room. The room was huge with 2 double beds and his and her sinks in the bathroom.
The pool area is lovely with plenty of sunbeds both round the pool and on the beach.
The infinity pool is stunning, swimming up to it looking directly into the ocean was fantastic and having the swim up bar an added bonus.
Breakfast is the usual fair - cereal, breads, sushi, pancakes, salads, fruit etc. There is a egg station where you can request all types of eggs, the omlettes were excellent and you can pick your filling.
We only ate in the hotel on our first night when they had the Italian Buffet but we got there quite late on so there wasn't much left and the quality was alright.
Lunch came courtesy of people on the beach, where for approx 100bhat (£2.20) you can get spring rolls, chicken skewers, fresh corn all grilled in front of you. They also give you bananas for no extra charge and if you are lucky mango, which was amazing. You can also get fresh coconut juice for them. They saved us a small fortune not having to eat in the hotel for lunch each day.
The hotel will take you in a golf buggy to the 7 Eleven so you can stock up on drinks and nibbles for your room. A beer at the hotel is 110baht (£2.40) and cocktails 190baht (£4.15) the 7 Eleven sells beer for 35-45baht so a substancial saving.
Happy hour was between 5-6pm where it is 2 for 1 drinks but your 2nd drink has to be the same as the first and on Mondays 5.30-6.00 you get a free cocktail and nibbles at the pool bar.
We ate at 2 restaurants next to the hotel - Luna Hut and Harrys, both were very good with Harrys our favourite between the 2. The rest of the time we ate in Fishermans Village, where I can highly recommend Krua Bophut (very end of the village) and The Pier (on the right just as you enter the main strip) There are loads of restaurants and bars in Fishermans.
The hotel has a car that they will take you places in and we used it each night we went to Fisherman's and it cost 300baht. When you get a taxi to the hotel the drivers will say it will be 400baht just say it was 300 the night before and they will come down, if they dont just walk away and the price will instantly drop - strange that!!!
The hotel has free WiFi which was very handy for checking a few things while we were away.
While we were there the Spa had a 2 for 1 offer on all treatments and 40% off all package treatments. Also treatments avaliable on the beach were greatly reduced. thai message at the Spa approx 1200baht while on the beach 350baht so it was a no brainer, not every day you can get a message on the beach listening to the ocean.
The hotel is a little secluded so if you want to be within walking distance of more bars/restaurants then stay closer to Fisherman's or stay in Chaweng
All in all we both loved our trip to this hotel and Koh Samui and would highly recommend it, we would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samui Buri Beach Resort is a very charming, boutique Thai experience offering huge & unique rooms & villas, lush gardens, impressive sports & leisure facilities and a stunning scenic beach perfect to relax and unwind. The impressive infinity pool, fitness centre, kids club and Seetawaree restaurant are all located directly at the beach all with postcard views. The hotel is ideal to get away from it all yet also conveniently located for golf, excursions and to indulge the best of Southern Thailand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelQuickly and Ctrip TA so you can book your Samui Buri Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samui Buri Beach Hotel Mae Nam
- Mercure Koh Samui
- Mercure Samui Buri Hotel
- Samui Buri Beach Resort Ko Samui, Thailand