Grand Hill Residence
Paradise Beach Resort(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$ 90
US$ 80
Fair House Villas & Spa(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$ 121
Code(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$ 112
US$ 101
Trip.com
Mimosa Resort & Spa(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$ 120
US$ 74
Priceline
Koh Samui Resort(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$ 73
US$ 32
Priceline
W Koh Samui(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$ 832
Belmond Napasai(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$ 329
Agoda.com
Santiburi Koh Samui(Mae Nam)(Great Value!)
US$ 406
US$ 362
All reviewsown transportwould stay here againinfinity poolbooked this hotelthe main roadjacuzzitaxikohislandsealuxurytilesmaenambikebangkok
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

The hotel is away from a lot of the touristy attractions which is good when you want to retreat back after a long day. The hotel provides shuttle to the beach and frankly any place you need to go. I was taken to and from my destinations during my 3 night stay. Shuttle to the beach is free however, taxis around town are a bit pricey. The nice part is the taxi is always there and they will pick you up. The staff is more than accommodating an very friendly. The hotel is well kept, clean, and quiet. I would stay here again!

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

My friend and I booked this hotel to stay for 4 nights, based on the many things the hotel claimed to offer. Here is a short summary of our trip:

- Clogged drain in the shower, every time we showered it will fill up with water past our feet
- No people to be seen, I’m sure we were the only people staying there which was unsettling
- The TV did not work
- Staff did not speak English and were unhelpful
- Overpriced taxi prices. We went to reception to book a taxi for the next day, however in the morning we were told that no taxi was booked. We still had to pay full fee of 600B for our trip, when every other taxi we had been in was max 300B. Due to this we almost missed our ferry
- The hotel has a free shuttle bus to Maenam, the driver did not take us to the correct place
- Isolated, says online there is shopping around however it was at least a 20 min walk to get anywhere

There were, however, some perks. These being:

- Food from the hotel restaurant was nice
- Pool was lovely
- Spectacular views

I wouldn’t stay here again, and I’m disappointed that our stay was not very good.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at grand hill residence for 2 nights because of the heavy unexpected monsoon hit Koh Samui. We couldn't get to our original hotel so we booked this as a rescue - AND IT SURE WAS. Even though the weather was horrible this hotel had the most amazing view of the island and the food and staff was great. The rooms were huge and very well decorated and cleaned. The bathroom was a huge plus with a jacuzzi overlooking the island!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Positives :

Amazing views
Yeah absolutely no doubt that the views from this hotel are incredible. Whether it's a view of the mountains or a view of the beach, it's amazing.

Food:
The food for the most part is great. Breakfast isn't so good, but the thai food is excellent and tastes fantastic.

Staff :
For the most part, good. But we had some issues which I'll address later.

Negatives:

Hotel condition :
Not great unfortunately. I'm not sure what has happened here, but the hotel is looking very old and not maintained. I'm guessing that originally this was a luxury hotel but over the years has gone through various owners.
It's in desperate need of care.
It smells bad and the water isn't clean. In fact, it's green.
Disappointing.

Mini bar :
Rooms are advertised as having a mini bar. Unfortunately they don't. They have a fridge that's empty. We asked for our mini bar to be filled and was billed the restaurant price for it. Even if we didn't use the drinks. Not good.

Doors :
The doors bang during the night as it's in the mountains and has wind. Very difficult to sleep when the door bangs. Sort it out.

Stealing:
We rented a motorbike from the hotel. As standard we need to leave a passport as deposit. I should let you know that I live in Thailand and my wife is Thai at this point.
On the day of checkout we handed back the keys. The staff didn't give back my wife's passport. Upon realizing this, we called the hotel (at the time we were at the ferry pier) and we asked them to deliver the passport on a motorbike before we got the ferry.
We were told they couldn't as they didn't have enough staff, but would send a car for 500baht cost to us.
1)its their fault
2)if you have staff to send in a car why can't you send them on a bike for one tenth the cost
3)the owner shows up in her car (the same person that told us they didnt have staff)
4)its just a load of bs to get more money. Typical Thai.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We only stay here for a night and we booked the room with the jacuzzi, the room was very clean, a bit old and need some maintenance, the jacuzzi didn't work but it didn't bother us anyway, we can see a beautiful view of Meanam beach from our room, the room was big and the bed was huge and very comfortable, we slept sooo good, TV screen is big too. Wifi worked well.

There also has a big infinity pool which you can enjoy some cocktail, very clean pool even some of the tines came off, but who's care when you have super beautiful view in front of you!

The staffs were very friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was simple but very tasty, I refilled my plate with salad 2 times, coffee was very good, you can ask for extra food for free even is not on the buffet line and they will cook new extra for you.

Overall, with the price we paid for we got everything we need and very happy, and would recommend for others!!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple