As stated elsewhere, the reception staff notably for us Rita and Martin, as well as the housekeeping staff especially Margaret, could not be faulted for their personal attention to detail and friendliness. Their presence made our holiday very pleasant.
The hotel was very clean yet with a relaxed atmosphere that is often lacking in other 5* hotels.
However, as with many reviewers we did note some things which really let the hotel down. Like the previous reviewer, we too were disappointed with the Corinthia Villa restaurant. We ate there on the first night but we so unimpressed that we chose not to return there again. The meal was a buffet meal, which I was unable to eat (I am vegetarian and there was very little that did not contain meat). I left having eaten only a single bread roll and two small (and I do mean very small) spoons of vegetables, yet we were still charged the full set menu price of around £30. The inattention of the waiters who failed to note that I had left with our daughter only five minutes after arriving may have been a contributing factor to this oversight. My husband stayed to eat the full three courses but found that the quality of the food in the main course was very poor, suggesting that it tasted like it could have been leftovers from the Easter Sunday buffet lunch. We decided from then on to eat out at a restaurant opposite - The Melita, which was reasonably priced with a varied menu.
We did however eat from the room service menu on our last night, which was reasonably priced as well as being very nice (maybe we had had our first meal on the chef's night off).
I must also concur with other reviews about the Spa, which while once again having lovely staff was however let down by the state of the decor which was very poor with peeling paintwork, no doors on the changing rooms, and something in the pool that our daughter managed to cut her feet on three times!
However, we would happily return as we did enjoy our time there but hope that the problems that I and other reviewers have mentioned are dealt with as they do let the side down somewhat.
Finally, the hotel is very well placed for travelling around the island. Previously we stayed in another 5* in St Julian's, which was right in the middle of things but still had to hire a car to get around. The Corinthia Palace is in a much quieter area yet we found it much easier to get to the places that we wanted to go to as the hotel had an excellent free bus service as well as taxis on standby for guests and was also on excellent bus routes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Poised midway between Malta’s capital, Valletta, and the so-called ‘silent’ city of Mdina, and just a short distance from the 17th century San Anton Presidential Palace, the Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa is an oasis of serenity.Originally built in the 19th century as a luxury private villa, the grand design and immaculately-landscaped gardens have inspired guests from around the world.Now an icon in our international portfolio, and a pioneer of signature facilities such as our Athenaeum Day Spa and Orient-inspired Rickshaw Restaurant, the Palace remains a testament to sumptuous living and time-honoured personal service.The Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa. Inspired opulence in the Land of Honey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Corinthia Palace Hotel San Anton
- Corinthia Palace Hotel And Spa
- Wyndham San Anton
- Corinthia Palace Hotel Malta
- Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa Malta/San Anton