7,221 results
All reviews castle club inventions restaurant california grill disney characters cafe fantasia private lift park entrance worth every penny my daughter premium half board magical experience fast pass turn down service family room main street peter pan christmas decorations
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Have just returned from three nights at the Disneyland Hotel with my two children. This hotel is a very nice clean comfortable hotel in the perfect location for both Disney parks. This is the only reason why in my opinion Disney can charge so much to stay here. The New York Hotel is just a ten minute walk away and is just as comfortable and half the price. I have two major gripes with this Hotel. Firstly as I said is price both for the rooms and for example a soup starter in the hotel restaurant will set you 14 EURO way over the top and thats just one example.The second problem was on the first night we got hardly any sleep as the families on either side of our room were very noisy and the walls paper thin. As a result we up graded the following day to a "Castle Club " room which again increased our cost significantly .The "Castle Club" area of the hotel is lovely with its own reception , lift to the park, lounge with free soft drinks and rooms though not much bigger than a standard room had fantastic views of the park. I must also compliment the staff who were all very good. Dont get me wrong this is a very good Hotel but having stayed at The NEW YORK Hotel previously the price difference Leaves The New YORK on top by a long way.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank kildareman1
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Just had our 3rd stay at DL hotel and I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Disney.

Service & staff are consistently good, breakfast is excellent - huge choice of hot and cold foods, the buffet dinner in inventions is very good with a fantastic selection of foods and lots of opportunities to interact with the characters.

Overall, the hotel has a very nice atmosphere and is a welcome relief from the busy-ness of the park and the location is fantastic, especially when it's cold as it was when we were there.

There are lots of opportunities to meet the characters without the pushing, shoving and queue jumping that tends to happen in the parks.

I asked, when we checked in, if we could get a room with a nice view as we had a poor view last time. They obliged and we got a room with a balcony facing towards the Studios park.

The rooms are very spacious but they are looking very tired at this stage and certainly not 5 star. The carpet was very faded and stained in places and it really is time for a refurb. They should also put decent hairdryers in the rooms, rather than the wall mounted version that looks like a hoover!

On our previous trips, our bags were in our room when we got our key at 3pm. This time, they weren't and I phoned down to chase it up but they still hadn't arrived by 4.15 and we had to leave for a dinner reservation at Walts. We'd taken at 6.50am filght so it would have been nice to get changed..

But overall, staying at this hotel is a lovely experience and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank GranardDublin
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We had previously stayed at the Santa Fe in February of 2010 (A place to lay your head and nothing more than that- you get what you pay for.)We have also stayed back in 07 at the Explorers(a nice hotel) However the added kafuffle every day of the bus trip meant that we said if we ever returned to Disney we would stay at the Disneyland hotel... well the xmas adverts worked on us and we booked for 3 nights in mid December for the Xmas experience.
At nearly 3x as much as our last stay I wondered if we were crazy...I have to say this hotel was worth every penny and gave us a completely different Disney Experience and now I would only come back if I could stay here again!!
First of all if you have young children (we have a 4yr old a 2yr old and I am heavily pregnant) the fact when you get off the train you are immediately at the hotel –this to us is the first bonus...also when you leave at the end of your trip you don’t have to get a bus back to your hotel first to get your suitcase!!(if you are not doing the Disney express thang of course!)
Overall
The hotel was fabulous, great lobby, great staff, nice bar (granted more seats needed!) characters all around the hotel with no scrum!! Lovely breakfast of hot and cold foods, good shop, lovely ambience, smelt amazing! Just a really beautiful base and so relaxing after the hustle and bustle of parks.
The fact that you can sit at breakfast and look over the park-fabulous, then a stress free stroll down stairs into the park(no scrum to get two buggies on a bus first!!) Made use of the magic hours and got all the main rides out of the way at 8am before the rush and then during the day we felt less of a need to “pack it all in” we could pop back to the room, warm up and relax let the kids calm down then go back at any time into the park again-this made the whole experience for us so much more relaxing. Last time we felt that when at the park we had to get a full days worth before going back whereby the location meant the kids could have a sleep, warm up and then hit the action again.
Rooms
Our room was lovely and warm, spacious, a huge king and sofa bed - great toiletries, shampoo, showergel, cotton buds, bath salts, soap, nice bathroom, fluffy white towels, hairdryer, iron, safe, dressing gowns and slippers-great! TV limited channels but we were not there to watch tv!
Downside no kettle- but I knew this already and had packed my own so we could sit and have a nice cuppa (Got Milk from the shop by the station)
Facilities
We used the pool- it was freezing!! But very nicely laid out and I am sure would be great in the summer- hint –take your dressing gown and slippers with you as you have to walk from changing room to pool and many people ad theirs and I didn’t think to do this. They provide towels and had a cupboard with floats and water toys to help yourself to for the kids and a nice hot tub/steam room and showers.
Food & Drink
We didn’t have dinner at the hotel- but we saw the Queue!! Phewy! But then I think at the time we went you queued for everything even the loo! (we sat in the bar one night and could see the food at dinner and it looked nice and there were loads of characters about!)
Breakfast as I said was very good with loads of choice and so much more civilised than the santa fe..
For dinner we booked Walts in Disney park- fantastic meal! Highly recommend- if you kake reservation at time of parade can watch it from the window too!! Fab!!
We had a dire meal at cafe Mickey luke warm and cold meals really nasty and very expensive-the kids loved the ambience and characters but the food was real junk! If you have little girls the last time we came we did the Auberge de Cendriliion where you meet the princesses for lunch and this was a fantastic experience and I highly recommend that.
Anyway we had a fabulous experience of this hotel, for us it made the trip purely on location, comfort and tranquillity! –

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank ClaireBrad
Reviewed 3 January 2011

We have just had a great trip to Castle Club at the Disney Hotel Paris. We have stayed at this hotel about 20 times but this was the first time in Castle Club. The extra special facilities of Castle Club are great, hot drinks all day and afternoon tea. This can be a bit of a scrum however, and losses some of that Disney Magic as some of the guests laden their table with cakes and pastries that they do not eat!
The children loved the hotel as always but I have to say that the room we had for the first night was very scruffy. The sofa had seen better days and the carpet was fading. Some of the rest of the hotel has been refurbished - not our room sadly!. We asked to move rooms and after much kerfuffle and tooing and frowing we were moved to a Tower Suite, for the second night, which is not within Castle Club but has all the facilities still available as if you were on the castle club floors. The Tower Suite is very comfortable, with an amazing bathroom by Disney standards. What is sad is that despite the fact that we have stayed at the hotel so many times because we had booked a standard castle club room - we did not qualify for the VIP bottle of Champagne on arrival - or anything else come to that. If you are really only interested in staying in a suite to have the benefit of VIP fast passes I would suggest that you look at the Newport Bay Resort Suite, which is very spacious, gives you the VIP passes and a bottle of champagne and a small gift for the children on arrival. We took premium half board and had dinner at the Auberge De Cendrillion for Christmas Night dinner - not bad and our girls loved the princesses. Inventions on Boxing Day evening was the usual bun fight - but if you have children - then has to be endured as all the characters come to your table. One of the bits that we enjoyed on our previous visits to the bar at the Disney Hotel were the lovely warm canapes served with your drinks and the real linen napkins. Sadly this seems to have gone by the wayside as part of cost cutting measures. Now it is a few crisps and a serviette! It was overall a great stay for us - the Christmas tree in both of our rooms was a lovely touch for santa to put the presents round! - I would like to be made to feel a little more special however as a Castle Club guest and Disney have to get their act together on recognising the value of repeat customers. Also once you start to cost cut too much in a 5 star hotel, it ceases to be five star - so they should be careful as their costs wont justify the lack of the little things that make it a cut above the others. I have been informed by the Castle Club reception that the Tinkerbell Suite within castle club is the one to book as slightly larger that than the Tower Sutei and within the Castle Club floors.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
24  Thank Christmascake2011
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Yes this hotel is expensive but it is situated right at the gates of the park and is one of the most beautiful hotels I've ever seen inside & out. The experience was fantastic and magical for the children. They got to meet so many of the characters throughout the day time in the hotel for no extra cost which meant we didn't have to queue in the park to do so. We will definately be staying here again hopefully soon.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family