7,226 results
All reviews castle club inventions restaurant california grill disney characters cafe fantasia private lift park entrance worth every penny my daughter premium half board magical experience fast pass turn down service family room main street peter pan christmas decorations
Reviewed 24 March 2008

Wow, what a hotel. We have recently returned from a 4 day 3 nt trip to disney land hotel and resort. We booked our flights with bmi as it worked out much cheaper than other operators( they always have offers) cost us approx£350 for 2adults and 2 ch on flights. Which we thought was brilliant value . We booked the hotel on disney website as it didnt differ in price with other operators this cost around £900 incl insurance.We had early flights on outward journey as it gave us extra time at disney, when we arrived at charles de gaulle airport we took a taxi to the hotel. We decided to go down the taxi route instead of the bus as we have a 21 month old child who is a nightmare if gets bored!. The bus can take upto 1hr and half -v- taxi 40 mins We found out from hotel there is a train from airport too which is direct in around 10 mins not exactly sure of cost think they said approx 20 euros.We reccommend you bk taxi in advance by ringing the hotel as we got ripped off on outward journey we paid 170 euros, the hotel bkd us a taxi on return it only cost 70 euros. Oh, well we know for next time. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted
by the nicest men ready to take our luggage. They gave us a receipt and advised us we would find it in our rooms after we had checked in(which we did).As we walked into the reception we gasped, its massive, beautiful, elegant so impressive. Cinderellas chandellier hangs beautifully in the middle. After reading other reviews i was a little concerned about check in times. We waited to check in for approx 10 mins which i thought was pretty good as they were really busy and when its your turn they explained about rooms hotel and park. They gave us complimentary fast passes for staying in this hotel. we had one each per day. This was on top of ones you can get in park and as a bonus for staying in a disney hotel you get to visit park an extra two hours per day, which for us was 8am -10 am, we used this time to ride busy rides like peter pan flight, dumbo, buzz light year etc and get in ques for autographs. Our room was also very impressive, two large comfortable beds, table chairs, tv ( only disapointing thing was no english disney channel? not sure why as we found lots of english guest staying there) room service was very good but worked out expensive, as did mini bar, example kit kat 4.5 euros. The room was lovely and clean, lovely bathroom with bath and shower . Rooms cleaned everyday, plus as a added bonus the beds were turned back every evening and a chocolate coin was left on pillows. Our children thought it was mickey mouse himself! The breakfast was fantastic so much choice from fry up items to continental, yoghurts, fruit boiled eggs toast etc, plus fresh juice apple & orange ( various stations throught dining rooms). Tea & coffe brought to tables as were hot/cold chocolate for kids. Outside restaurant everymorning there were different characters posing for pics and autographs.
The hotel also has a large shop stocking toys autograph bks ornaments etc.. Overall the hotel was amazing best hotel we have every stayed in well worth every penny! Were booking to return at end of yr. Before i leave you to digest i recommend you stand in front of castle when parade comes round if you have little girls as disney princess float stops there and they get off and dance by far best spot also toy story.
We also had one evening meal in auberge de cinderellion ( sorry if spelt wrong) amazing got to meet cinderella and pose for pics, also special guest that evening were s/white ands/beauty with princes my daughter was beside herself well worth every penny.The princesses came round every table to talk to guests and pose for pics.
Have a fab hol!

7  Thank claire19974
Reviewed 22 March 2008

We stayed at this hotel for our third time. As others have said you can't really fault the hotel but I do expect more for the money. Over the last 4 years standards have slipped, e.g. you no longer get clean sheets every day. There are no tea / coffee making facilities in the rooms and some of the areas are looking a little tired now. Be careful in the swimming pool, the floor is extremely slippery and we saw a very very nasty accident when a young boy slipped and hit his head. Overall still a great experience and certainly the best hotel by far if you're going to Euro Disney.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Sparticus68
Reviewed 13 March 2008

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for two nights in early March with two small children. Overall, this hotel is in a great location (the turnstiles into the park are directly beneath the hotel) and a 2 minute walk from the station. We found the reception staff extremely friendly; although we had only booked a standard room (not Castle Club), it was a nice room on the second floor overlooking the front entrance to the park. The hotel is spread over two wings with the restaurants in the middle of the hotel in a walkway section. The hotel stored our bags at no charge on the days we arrived and left.

The room was of a good size with two double beds and was nicely furnished. As noted elsewhere, there were no tea and coffee making facilities in the room and we did inadvertently end up being charged for a couple of items in the mini-bar trying to fit in the children’s drinks but reception were very obliging in correcting this. The shop in the walkway stayed open late and sells cold drinks if you don’t want to pay mini bar prices.

We ate in the main Inventions restaurant although there was a choice of venues for breakfast. Breakfast comprised a hot and cold buffet which was varied and of a good standard. It was also open from 7.30-11 am which was great. There was a good inflow of Disney characters in the fireplace outside the restaurant for photos with a well organised system for queuing (our kids tended to get pushed aside in the scrum to see the characters in the park itself). We also paid for the dinner buffet at Inventions one night. It cost about 130 euros for all of us (kids under 3 eat free) but it was well worth it. The food was lovely (and lots of fresh seafood), the waiters were very friendly to the kids and the characters wandered round the tables at leisure. However, we were seated in one of the main conservatory type areas and it wouldn’t have felt so sumptuous had we been seated in the seats next to the buffet itself. We didn’t book any restaurants until the actual day and didn’t need to book Planet Hollywood. However, I suspect you would need to make reservations during busier times.

The hotel gave us daily VIP fast pass tickets which meant that you could walk straight into the Fastpass section on one ride each day without having to get a Fastpass ticket from the machine (i.e. was in addition to the normal Fastpass system).

We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay at this hotel again as it was so convenient to wander into our room from the park at the end of the day when our children were shattered. Having said that, we paid just under £600 for the hotel and park tickets so not sure how much more it costs at peak times…

4  Thank JMSG
Reviewed 10 March 2008

I have never written a review before but as we had such a fantastic 4 days at the Disneyalnd Hotel during Feb half term I felt I had to write. I booked the hotel on the strength of recommendations from this site and was not disappointed. We travelled with a 5 year old and 2 year old from St Pancras and on the train a disney employee came to our seats to hand us our park passes and luggage labels. At Marne la vallee we took our luggage to disney express and within 10 minutes we were at the park gates and 5 minutes after that having lunch outside on mainstreet - so very slick operation. At 3pm we went to the hotel and checked in. We had a lovely room on the first floor overlooking the eurostar station towards disney village. the room had 2 double beds, table and 2 chairs and a travel cot, wardrobe etc and still plenty of room for all of us. We loved the little touches like bathrobes and slippers and the lovely toilettres which were refreshed each day - our kids loved the coins on the pillows that appeared every evening which we said tinkerbell left! The buffet breakfast was amazing - so much food and excellent quality and we never had to wait for a table although we got later and later each morning! The disney characters in the foyer were great and meant we didn't have to stand around in the park waiting for photos. The 2 minute walk to the park gates was excellent as if were feeling cold or tired we could come back for a break. The hotel shop was good and sold water/soft drinks and some other essentials. In all we had a great time and can't wait to go again when the kids are older. I would also recommend going out of season as the longest we queued for a ride was 20 minutes so we went on favourite rides many times over the 4 days. It cost approx £1200 for the 4 days with eurostar so wasn't cheap but still think it was worth it!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank AMHH
Reviewed 28 February 2008

THe holiday was pretty good - the theme parks were awesome but the hotel was only good. Dont get me wrong, i don't think I can fault it , I jsut expected so much more for the price. The price difference between this hotel and the others is astonishing - and we didn't even stay in the castle club. I somehow expected the rooms to be bigger and more luxurious, but there was nothing to really fault. There were cracked tiles in the bathroom - but i would never have noticed it if I wasnt having a soak, and its pretty normal. I just dont think that the room accommodation in itself deserves a above average rating as I have stayed in better that werent assosciated with theme parks or this kind of price.

Unfortunately we went when it was FREEZING. (14-17th Feb) but it didnt stop us at having fun at all. We were two adults with 2 boys (aged 2 - went for his birthday and a 2 month old baby) My little boy Loves mickey mouse, but was a bit freaked out by the characters visiting him every meal!! They were ever so good though and left him alone - which worked well - and by the last day he was calling for them to come over!

There is one specifically important thing yo uneed to know when staying at any disney hotel - not only this one, and that is BOOK YOUR MEALS!! we didnt know this and spent our entire first night going from restaurant to restaurant trying to get availability before 10pm (it was 6pm when we were looking) and no one could fit us in - eventually I was in tears at Cafe mickey and a lovely girl got me in to the rainforest cafe. I was mortified at the fact that there is NOWHERE to get a meal unless you have booked I had kids to feed and I was starving! No one told us this before hand - they should tell you this in your hotel when you check in.

You definitely have to eat the buffet in the inventions restaurant (erm, I think its that one - in the Disney hotel the only other one is the alacarte) its 49 euros per adult and worth every little cent!! It was amazing. On the last night we did it pretty much just for the orange crepes!! I think the service lacks a little in this restaurant though, but only from some lazy staff (the minority) However there was one asian man who was WONDERFUL - so you really never can tell. I think the grumpy people worked in teh morning buffets, but on our first morning the staff were so lovely. SO be prepared for a hit and miss. The food was on all occasions fantastic - brekkie and dinner.

We tried Cafe Mickey too which was lovely - the food there is really great, and you can get veggies for kids instead of chips which is a nice change for them!! Rainforest cafe was a massive let down - the food there was poor, but I now know that it can all be a bit of a hit and miss. The rest of the hotel is very beautiful, and I would love to stay in one of the suites there, as I think that that would be the ultimate experience. I also didnt realise that unless you booked castle club you would have to stay on the ground floor - which would have been nice to know.

Its great going there, and is worth it staying in the hotel purely for proximity and the food. Oh, and the bed was really comfortable. And its nice and clean. If you do stay there though, only one word of caution - the mini bar has magnetic strips to tell what they need to charge for - it says so in big letters on it, but we were far too stupid to read it!! lol!! we kept some things in there that we had bought as a snack on the train, and after that it messed everything up! They rectify your bill pretty quickly though if you talk to them - the people on the front desk are really lovely and helpful. We had to get medicine a few times and they sorted that out for us (with a charge - but still worth it because we all got colds when we were there!)

I cant really think of any useful information to give other than perhaps if you are going to pay the price for this hotel upgrade to the club class for better views and the extras.

we will definitely go back and stay there again.

Good luck and enjoy your holiday.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family