Recently visited the place with kid. I had visited the place in 2012. In 2012 it was the best home stay... Now its not. This is a place that you can easily avoid staying and look for something better.
Here are the reasons:
- Food: I expected north karnataka traditional specials. But got normal idli and dosa. The food is very normal (good quality) but not tasty. In 2012 they used to make very nice dishes. Now they don't.
- Rooms: Full of dust. Got dust allergy. Its clean but lot of dust. Mostly due to old stuff. Its not a place to stay with Kids.
The place is made commercial and no more a home stay. There is a financial person who is always roaming around with angry face, which spoils the environment. He is mostly worried about spoiling the furniture. Manjunath who is cook and also helper is very friendly.
Its good only for a day's stay and nothing more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular mountain backdrop, lush green areca plantation, untouched wilderness located on a truly mesmerizing landscape – that is Stay @ Matthuga for you. Here, you can let the world drift away as you enjoy the exotic surroundings. Your ambience here is perfumed with the inciting aroma of areca, coffee, pepper, vanilla, cardamom and wild orchids. Stay @ Matthuga is a plantation bungalow, Situated in the middle of 10 acres of Areca Garden on the Bangalore-Honnavar National Highway (NH206), 19 Km from Sagar and 8 Km before Jogfalls. Stay @ Matthuga is nostalgic in its setting, attractive in style and comfort. Stay @ Matthuga is a slice of the green paradise that runs through the western ghats. Breath life afresh! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MakeMyTrip, TravelGuru and Agoda so you can book your Stay @ Matthuga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.