During the long weekend of Ganesh Chaturthi we had been to Matthuga homestay. We had done prior booking for the standard room . Booking process was very simple . We sent an email and Mr Narahari, he replied to me with the tariff and other details and asked me to pay online for advance booking.
1. It is located just 4 -5 Km away from talaguppa railway station , plenty of autos are there who knows the place .
2. The standard room we had booked was very specious, very neat and clean.
The room & the washroom is very tastefully done with needed wooden furniture.
3. There is nice clean swimming pool , which is pretty good for a home stay.
4. Lot of space around the home stay to walk around through the Banana plantation,
we found it very relaxing.
5. Last but not the least very safe place to stay. It is small village hence you might not be able to find any street light in the night so it is really dark outside however as soon as you are in side the home stay you feel very safe.
6. Highly recommended for solo female travelers .
7. The staffs are very courteous. Our train was in the night so after we checked out we were there at the home stay itself for as long as we wanted . Everyone from the home stay made us feel very comfortable.
8. Great place to stay , highly recommended
1. Food is big turn off in the home stay. We were expecting very homely food however the food was just like how we get it in hotel . Food is not included in the room tariff. For breakfast they served Idly ,Upma, Poha and Dosa during our stay
For lunch it was always South Indian meals , Karnataka style .(NOTE : I am not at all fussy about food , I can adjust with any type of food ) And I have had much better south Indian meals in many other places . This is first home stay I came across that serves horrible food.
2. Good to have your own car to around from this place . As there are not many commuting options.
All together great place to stay but food needs to be improved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A spectacular mountain backdrop, lush green areca plantation, untouched wilderness located on a truly mesmerizing landscape – that is Stay @ Matthuga for you. Here, you can let the world drift away as you enjoy the exotic surroundings. Your ambience here is perfumed with the inciting aroma of areca, coffee, pepper, vanilla, cardamom and wild orchids. Stay @ Matthuga is a plantation bungalow, Situated in the middle of 10 acres of Areca Garden on the Bangalore-Honnavar National Highway (NH206), 19 Km from Sagar and 8 Km before Jogfalls. Stay @ Matthuga is nostalgic in its setting, attractive in style and comfort. Stay @ Matthuga is a slice of the green paradise that runs through the western ghats. Breath life afresh! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MakeMyTrip, Agoda and TravelGuru so you can book your Stay @ Matthuga reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.