“Great fire show”

Sushi Bar by Yin Yang
Ranked #240 of 693 Restaurants in Bophut
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 39
Reviewed 22 August 2018

They offer a fire show on two evenings...my thoughts were a little bit like ...ok, great to see the show for some overpriced food, but I was pleasantly surprised. Show was really really great, food was nice (I had a grilled fish, daughter had fried rice and wife had a club sandwich) and service was friendly. I would come back - even without the show

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Very poor sushi. Bad quality. Nothing special. Medium prices. One bottle of pellegrino costs the same with two plates of sushi??? Slow food service but very kind people

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Do yourself a favour and avoid this awful sushi place .
I was sorry that didn't read the reviews before . as you can understand from reading the manager/waitress responds the service is uptight .
The place is under maintained... No electricity ( but this maybe not their fault) and even when it came back the air conditioning is very weak
The only good thing is the view

Date of visit: June 2017
1  Thank yafitay
Caroline M, Gérant at Sushi Bar by Yin Yang, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear yafitay,

We are disapointed to read you didn't like our place and sushi.
If you had read the reviews before to come you would see some very bad coment and some very good so its complicated to know, everybody is different and like different things!
I was probably a little bit stressed cause as you write it the day you came we had a big problem with electricity (welcome to thailand!) so it's very complicated to satisfy our customer in this conditions but I always do my best; I m very sorry if it was not enough for you.
The air conditionning works very good but some customer ask us to open the big windows so there is only one table where you can really feel it in this case. You should have talked with us about that but doesn't matter, without electricity it's still complicated!!!
Thank you for the view!

Regards

Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

Awful Food, bad fish and a lot of gluey rice, all was terrible...even the bill...avoid It!!! They even made a mistake giving me the change...definitely...avoid It!!!

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank Annalisa L

Dear Annalisa L,

We are sorry to read you didn't like our place...
We make an "all you can eat" set everyday for lunch for 560thb/person, if prices "a la carte" are too expensive for you. All our fish come fresh every morning.
Of course, we are very sorry for the mistake with the change!

Regards

Reviewed 10 April 2017

As sushi lovers, my husband and I were excited to find a sushi bar on the doorstep of where we were staying in Koh Samui.

The menu is great - you get to create your own sushi according to your preferences, which is a real plus for me since I'm quite fussy with sushi and only really eat salmon or tuna. We chose a set and created several different salmon sushi according to our tastes.

Miso soup to start was lovely, although couldn't finish it as it was a hot evening and, although the view is delightful, the fans didn't do enough to cool us down. Sushi was absolutely delicious, just what we wanted. The cocktails we ordered were tasty, although again a little on the warm side.

We also went for dessert, which was also really tasty. The waiter was very helpful when explaining the options and was always ready to answer any questions.

I would certainly recommend coming here if you like sushi.

Date of visit: April 2017