All reviews chaweng noi poor picture quality superior bungalow beach bar clear water tea and coffee making facilities beautiful beach huge bathroom mini bar plenty of sunbeds taxi ride thai food min walk relaxing holiday beach side sun loungers pools
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

I've stayed here 3 times since 1999. My honeymoon was the first time. They have bungalows that are really well equipped and inexpensive. The door of your bungalow will be 5 steps from a white sand beach. Their restaurant is also on the beach. The can rent motorbikes or larger vehicles from the hotel at a ridiculously affordable price so you can scout the island even more cheaply than taking taxis everywhere. It is within walking distance of a night bazaar shopping area and great food. You cannot go wrong with this hotel.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank RonBoutwell
Fair House V, General Manager at Fair House Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Dear Khun ThaiTravelerDear
Thanks for your very kind comments as loyal and repeating guests you enjoyed the Fair House Beach in the past.
It was a true privilege to welcome you as our return guests and an even bigger delight to see they had a good time.
We are truly grateful for your high praises and would like to convey our warmest thanks for your nice review.
We hope to welcome you again very soon!
With Warmest Regards,
Mathias Hansen
Executive Consultant
Fair House Resorts

Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Been there for 5 days and highly recommend this place. First of all the complex is really really beautiful with an amazing tropical garden and the most beautiful beach on koh samui (very calm and clean also). The rooms are quite large with pretty bathrooms and everything you need. Don't forget to use mosquito repellent since there can be some of them in your room,which is totally normal for an Thai island.
The prices are reasonable and with regards to what you get even more on the cheap side.
What I really want to underline is the fact that the staff is really really nice,demanding and helpful. You will always find them with a smile and they will offer their help at any time. For example it was my birthday the other day and normally they make you a birthday cake and even celebrate a little bit with you,but since I'm vegan it was a little bit difficult. However they came up with an amazing idea (I didn't even expect anything,it was a surprise): they made me a beautifully decorated coconut filled with coconut meat/pudding (hard to describe). I can't thank them enough for their effort during the whole trip!
The ONLY downside might be the location: don't get me wrong,the building is right next to the beach and there are a few little restaurants and a 7 eleven nearby but if you want to visit the central festival,markets,etc you either have to take a hotel transfer/taxi,which might be expensive or go by scooter (which can be quite dangerous and I do not recommend). However there are a few of these red taxi/trucks which drive around the island and we took one of them to visit a few sights,which was quite cheap. So I recommend to look for one of these.
All in all the fair house beach resort is totally worth a visit.

Stayed: April 2017
1  Thank zelburn

Dear Khun Zelburn,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during the stay in May at the Fair House House.
The Team joins me in thanking you for your kind comments; we were thrilled to read that you enjoyed our gardens, peaceful beach and accommodation as well as the authentic and friendly service of the team.
We are look forward to welcoming you again in the near future and meanwhile, please feel free to follow us on Facebook and the new website by the end of June with Special Offers for repeating clients.
With Warmest Regards,
Mathias Hansen
Executive Consultant
Fair House Beach Resorts

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

Our flight was cancelled due to heavy rains in Thailand, and we had spent 16 hours at the airport before being told we would have to wait three days to fly out. Exhausted we were given hotel vouchers to stay at fair house. Arriving at reception, the staff were rude and unhelpful, even knowing the position we were in. The room we stayed in was old, with mold and it smelt damp. It was on top of a steep hill and even the buggy which takes you around the resort struggled to get up.

We had to pay for an extra two nights because of the flight delay, and the staff refused to give us the same deal as another couple in the same position, telling us all the cheap rooms were sold out, even though we could see there was plenty of them available. They overcharged us and were very unhelpful when trying to organise it all. We were shown to our new room which was almost double the price of the standard room but not anything even a little bit nicer.

The only staff which are friendly and helpful are the restaurant staff and the buggy drivers. We rang reception most days because our rooms did not get clean and we were without towels. On one day we rang up 4 times for towels and waited 3 hours before they came. Of these 4 phone calls the staff hung up twice.

We got room service one night and it was horrible, took 2 hours to come and wasn't worth the price we payed.

Overall, would not recommend. It's outdated, the staff are unhelpful and even being a reasonably fit person the resort is too big to get around without the buggy which at times you have to wait a while for. Besides the beach, there isn't a lot of options around to eat or drink, unless you travel to chaweng.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen B
Fair House V, Manager at Fair House Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Dear Ms. Helen,

Greeting from Sales Department of Fair House Group

Regarding an information, our hotel teams are thank you very much for your kind to comment us about our service with we will developing and change our service to be the best. Finally, we hope you choosing stay with us again. If possible, you would like to reserve our accommodation via our hotel website and we will provide a special discount with using promotion code "Royalty"

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We are just back from our 4th stay at the Fair House Beach Resort. The fact that we keep going back says something. The beautiful clean beach here is the big draw.

The Fair House is quite inexpensive compared to some of the other nearby properties. Staff is helpful and pleasant and the restaurant serves good food, especially at dinner. There are a number of good local food options nearby as well as 7-Eleven and Family Mart.

Most of the other guests were German and Russian.

Breakfasts are decent, not spectacular, but there is a good variety of options. I don’t care for their coffee – so if good coffee is important to you, bring your own. You may also want to bring mosquito repellant. The rooms are getting worn a bit, but are pretty acceptable for the price.

We love being able to get a spot right on the beach. We don’t go there to sit in a room.

We did encounter a bit of an issue on this trip, which has now been resolved – but it is something that anyone booking here with Agoda should be aware of. I had booked a Grand Deluxe Bungalow (which is beachfront.) When we were checking in, the clerk showed us on a map where our room was located – and it wasn’t beach front. I explained that there was a mistake, and we started to compare notes. It turns out that my confirmation from Agoda was indeed for a “Grand Deluxe Bungalow” but through booking.com, Agoda had told the hotel I had booked a “Deluxe Bungalow.” I was shown the email from booking.com to the hotel. We got a manager involved. Mim called Agoda on our behalf and it was worked out that we would get the Grand Deluxe Bungalow, but that I would have to pay for the upgrade from the Deluxe – and then send the receipts in to Agoda and they would reimburse me for the extra cost. Getting the receipts to them turned out to be a hassle, but I am now able to report that the refund has gone through.

In my opinion, the hotel handled this well and made sure we were satisfied. I am a little disappointed that Agoda made this error in the first place, and that their email system made it so hard for me to get the necessary receipts to them. (It turns out that I couldn’t reply to the email from customerservice@agoda.com, I needed to send the email to customerservice-@agoda.com . I could have wrapped this up a lot faster if I had been provided with that direction from the start.

All in all, the Fair House is a good value if you are looking for a nice beach and a spot to chill. It isn’t a 5 star but it isn’t a 5 star price either.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chucksi
Fair House V, Manager at Fair House Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2017

Dear Ms. Chucksi,

Greeting from Sales Department of Fair House Group

Regarding an information, our hotel teams are thank you very much for your kind to comment us about our service. Finally, we hope you choosing stay with us again. If possible, you would like to reserve our accommodation via our hotel website and we will provide a special discount with using promotion code "Royalty"

Reviewed 7 December 2016 via mobile

Usually stay in beach bungalows in Thailand but the weather turned into a monsoon so we decided to check into a hotel with WIFI and a pool and gym for 4 days to have some creature comforts! That's exactly what we got.

Before we even arrived here Fair House reservations team rescued us from our previous hotel in a monsoon with one of their taxis through 1m high water. We were hugely grateful!

From the moment we arrived we were treated so well by the friendly reception staff and a buggy organised to take us to our beautiful spacious room (8502) near all the facilities. The room was very clean and had a huge bathroom. A fridge, tea and coffee making facilities, mini bar, TV and safe. It was serviced daily and even a lovely oil burner set up to make it smell fresh! Free beach towels and umbrellas provided.

The restaurant manager is wonderful. So helpful, thoughtfully reserving a table close to the food stations for us as my partner uses crutches and can't walk far. The food is lovely. Make sure you get breakfast included and have the omelettes! Delicious.

The gardens are lush and very well kept with hidden tables and a pagoda to sit in and read etc. The beach is gorgeous and kept clean and the bar is really nice to relax in. There is also a pool table. The gardeners work very hard to keep everything perfect.

The WIFI is fast and works perfectly at all times in all areas and the room. There were a few power cuts due to the weather but power was restored within 5 minutes each time and torches provided in each room anyway so not a problem. They've thought of everything in advance!

This hotel is well managed with friendly attentive staff and lots of smiles all round :)

There's a 7/11 and pharmacy 1 min walk for supplies if you need. And a reasonably priced taxi service on site. There is also a shuttle bus to Chaweng throughout the day.

I can't fault this place so I can't understand the bad reviews on here! Highly recommend! Thank you to everyone at Fair House for an excellent stay and being so welcoming. We will be back.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alex D
Fair House V, Manager at Fair House Beach Resort & Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

Dear Mr. Alex,