Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
JimmyGalaxy
Worthing, United Kingdom

Six Star Luxury - paradise

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 Apr 2017via mobile
My partner and I booked Six Senses for the final five nights of our three week honeymoon and weren't disappointed.

Start by saying that this is a top dollar hotel. You pay a lot but what you you get is wonderful.

We booked the Ocean Villa Front Suite. It's unreal in terms of scale and luxury - it's bigger than our apartment back home in London.
It sits right on the front of the sea looking out into the gulf of Thailand. The villa has two bathrooms including an indoor and outdoor shower, a sunken bathtub and double sinks. The bed is like a cloud, soft and envelopes you. The whole design is contemporary and classy with lots of cute touches that add an eco feel. Outside we had a private infinity pool with loungers and dinning table plus a day bed under and shaded canopy.

Each Villa is assigned a GEM (guest experience maker) who is there to help you with anything you need. Our GEM called Pu was wonderful. She had a great sense of humour and was kind and thoughtful. She helped us make transfer arrangements, organise excursions, make restaurant bookings etc.

The Villa house keeping was excellent and cleanliness of the whole resort is at a very high standard of up keep. The turndown service was my highlight the best we have ever had. They set up the villa for night time and go beyond a simple turn down to include setting lighting, placing aromatherapy balls under pillows, putting the room divider out.

To get to your villa and get around the resort you catch golf buggy. You call them and they arrive quickly and save on walking around the large resort site. I LOVE this feature as you feel like a real VIP celebrity.

We found the quality of the food to also be very high. The fine dining experience at 'on the rocks' was very good. We went with a 8 course tasting menu and cost around £250 for the two of us. The other restaurant 'on the hill' has excellent quality on its menu ranging from international dishes to local Thai. The Thai curries are the best we have had anywhere on this trip. I'm also a non drinker and found plenty of great choice on the drinks menus including juices, mocktails and milkshakes! Shout out to Nes at dinner one of the waiters and a very chatty and helpful guy! He made our dinner visits extra special.

Breakfast is included and what a wonderful selection of buffet plus an a la carte menu that changes everyday.

I'll end on thanking all the staff at Six Senses. You couldn't meet a bunch of nicer and more helpful hotel staff. They smile at you constantly, say hello and all see genuinely interested in you and your guest experience. Two things stick out - first then finding my lost sunglasses and returning them to me before I could notice. Second removing a splinter from my husbands foot (especially knowing Thai people don't like touching feet).

I must talk about Mosquitos. If y sensitive or react badly then consider this before booking. The hotel goes above and beyond in dealing with them. Sprays, lotions and the like. But you still get bitten. I doesn't bother me but just take note.

So all sound amazing why haven't I given it a five out of five rating?
At a room rate of £800+ there were somethings that though didn't impact the quality of our stay but do need some tweaking.

1) On The Hill restaurant service is quite slow and a little clumsy. Found waiting for drinks or desert a little boring. Didn't bring us a steak knife, the waiting staff didn't seem to know who was doing what. Should have one waiter who takes care of the table.

2) The pizza oven broke. My favourite food in the whole universe! So I'm naturally disappointed.

3) Our Villa 35 had a beautiful fruit tree on the deck by the pool. Leaving not so beautiful fruits that stuck to our feet. The house keeping swept daily but couldn't keep up with the tree.

4) Villa 35 also next to 'On the rocks' their music plays loud every night until 11pm which annoyed us a little and he view into the Gulf amazing but view across beach can see building site and a cheaper resort.

5) I would love to see pool/beach towels placed in the villa for use in the private pool.

6) games in the bar were not playable because chess pieces were missing. Not a full set.

I'll end by saying that I wish we could come back again. I'll have to get saving. As hotels go it's pretty close to perfection!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 18 May 2017
Dear TheRealJimmyGalaxy,

Thank you for sharing your comments on this forum.

We are sincerely pleased to hear you enjoyed the overall experience, highlights being our spacious villa, GEM service, cleanliness, culinary experiences, and helpful hosts.

I am deeply sorry to hear, on the other hand, that a few issues did not rate well, to which they are in our improvement plan.

The team and I truly hope to be able to welcome you back to see the positive changes first hand in the future.

With best regards,

8.0 km from Six Senses Samui
Pool
View more hotels in Bophut
1,178 results
All reviews dining on the rocks hideaway villa infinity pool guest experience manager outdoor shower pool villa suite main pool the general manager insect repellent ocean front spa treatments golf buggy other resorts shuttle bus turn down service beach bar luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We went here for a dinner at their restaurant by the ocean. It was an unforgettable experience. Truely something special from an Anniversary celebration standpoint. The views are breathtaking, there is so much of calmness and serenity written all over this place. However, it' s pretty expensive and the food type is not your typical pizzas, or spice and herbs menu. More like the Sushi food.

Room tip: Has to be the sea view rooms.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mohammed J
Alice-Apichana H, Public Relations Manager at Six Senses Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Dear jaddyb0y,

Thank you for your compliments! We are glad to hear that you had a fantastic dining experience at our signature restaurant, Dining on the Rocks.

Thank you once again for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back for a stay next time.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

One of the best if not the finest dining experiences on the island
I live in Samui so I am qualified to compare all dining experiences here
A Degustation dining experience with Wine pairing is featured dining on the rocks at the ocean at Chong Mon
A truly delightful experience that definitely heightens the Six Senses.
Very aptly named indeed.
I highly recommend this dining experience when next in Samui.
It is definitely a luxury experience with a price to match but worth every baht.
The staff were amazing & highly attentive & truly professional from the moment we arrived.
A big thank you to the Restaurant Manager Aek for his impeccable service & conversation with us during the evening
Recommend to arrive early evening to experience the amazing views & sunset with cocktails.
SIMPLY WOW!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rohan P

Dear Monkeytan,

Thank you for sharing your kind comment on this forum. We are sincerely pleased to hear you enjoyed your culinary experience at our signature restaurant, Dining on the Rocks.

Once again, thank you for choosing us and we look forward to welcoming you back to another WOW dining experience in the near future.

With sincere regards,

Reviewed 23 April 2017

We came to Six Senses to dine on the rocks.The resort had a arranged for a driver to pick us up from our hotel in Chewang to arrive earlier than our booking to enjoy cocktails at the bar and enjoy the sunset, which was beautiful. They have happy hour from 6-7 which was great.
Then a golf buggy picked us up from the bar and drive us to the other side of the resort to Dine on the rocks, the drive through the trees etc was beautiful.
We got to the restaurant and had booked a table on the edge which was stunning as the rocks were lit up, but you don't actually see them when you are seated so it really is like dining on a deck.
The service is spectacular, extremely friendly and very efficient.
We ordered the banquet of around 8 courses and the food was very nice, not as outstanding as I thought it would be but very nice anyway.
The resort itself is stunning, the staff incredible but I probably would not pay that amount
of money again for the meal.
Glad we tried it though.
Also keep in mind that Six Senses is a long way out from anywhere, so it's not like you can walk into town or anything.

Room tip: Book a table on the front of the deck.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear ducati748af,

Thank you for sharing your comments. Dining on the Rocks is a special dining venue with a unique culinary concept. So we are glad to hear that you found the meal very nice.

Although our location seems to be a bit further away from town, but it is only a short drive to both Chaweng and Fisherman's Village, yet you can still enjoy the peaceful atmosphere while in our resort.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we do hope to have another opportunity to welcoming you back to our paradise on earth...

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel during April 17. 2 adults and 3 kids, youngest is 3 years old.
The hotel is located far from any center (shops, attractions), but it wasn't necessary because the food was fabulous and the room was perfect with a private pool, all clean and well maintained.
What was very surprising and heartwarming was the service. Starting with the reception people that were soo nice and informative, a dedicated person who helped us with everything we needed (thanks Joe!), they were quick and eager to help, no matter what the request was.
They were honest and kind.
We had a massage which was divine and a private dinner that contained tastes we've never tasted.
We had a security issue and the hotel manager himself was in touch with us and tried to help solving it.
In a nutshell- we highly recommend this hotel, and will definitely come back again!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Michal M

Dear Michal M,

Thank you for your compliments! We are glad to hear that you had a fantastic Six Senses experience staying with us, particularly with the service provided by our GEM Jo, fabulous food, perfect villa, service at Reception, and spa treatment.

The team and I do hope to have an opportunity to welcome you and your family back to another great Six Senses experience.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

All in all I highly recommend Six Senses Samui and will myself definitely go back (i usually dont go to the same hotel twice just so you know!).

I have stayed in many 5 star hotel on holiday or with work and I have to say the experience and service quality you get at Six Senses Samui felt beyond industry standards! I went there to celebrate my 30th birthday and they kindly upgraded my Villa (Hideaway which is the cheapest) to an ocean front villa with private pool which is 2 to 3x the price of the Hideaway villa i booked! That was such a nice gesture!

Key things i loved:
-Their attention to detail is simply mesmerising,
- the service quality is first class and again well above probably most 5 star hotel but I am hearing this service quality is the key edge of the six senses chain
- As soon as you make a booking, you get your own assistant (called a GEM) that is here to help you with anything
- You get greeted literally by all the staff wherever you go
- A staff member comes with you at the airport to help you check in
- The Villas are just incredibly beautiful and huge!!! You get your private pool, though their infinity pool is beautiful that you may not need to use your private one
- The sunset (from the infinity pool) are out of this world - wont spoil it for you but if you re lucky, you will be amazed and feel blessed to witness the beauty of nature!
- They have their own farm and focus very much on environmental sustainability going way further than most hotels (ie not only towels...)
- The nature all around the hotel create a unique and peaceful environment, you can only feel great
- the restaurant dining on the rock is perfect for romantic dinner, other pricey for other occasions.
- the free treats to guests (ice creams, sunset cocktail party, all the extra stuff you get in your room for free that would normally be charged or not offered at all!)
- Love the organic food and the amazing breakfast offering.

What I did not like?
- As a very demanding customer, I am really struggling finding something bad because I find that they over deliver for a 5 star hotel. They make you feel so important but i cant complain aobout that.
- Alright for the sake of saying something in this category, maybe the food at the On the Hill restaurant could be improved (though my two friends were having foodgasm so maybe i am being harsh) with more healthy options.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Keliyah32
Alice-Apichana H, Public Relations Manager at Six Senses Samui, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Dear Keliyah32,

Thank you for sharing your kind comment on this forum. We are sincerely pleased to hear that you enjoyed our attention to details, great service, beautiful and huge villa, sunset at the main pool, sustainable concept at Farm on the Hill and around the resort, romantic dining experience at Dining on the Rocks, and the organic food and breakfast variety. For your insight, our Chef is implementing and finalizing new menu at Dining on the Hill, so you can enjoy the healthy options on your next visit to our resort.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to another Six Senses experience in the not too distant future.

With sincere regards,