it was a impromptu trip and i just felt i had made the worst decision in my life as i watched the taxi trudge painfully but with utmost respect up the steep hill.The heat had almost sheered the vegetation to a sandy beige as tarmac climbed in cosily with parched ground .It wouldn't take much to fly off this road i thought.And as we taxied to reception my heart sank further.All i could see from the SUV were black pillars and a short area to designate our arrival.i hoped fervently that this was just a pit-stop. Then joy crawled out through the woodwork.
There were warm hellos ,chilled welcome drinks.,our rooms were upgraded and we were whisked away.The door opened to a balcony with a jaccuzzi and a lounge bed and the most breathtaking view of the sea .The room was all i could have hoped for after many a tour disasters.there was no actual need to venture out of the room -every detail and amenity was taken care off .And the room was cleaned and turned over for the night with a lovely touch -a placement card with quotations and sweets.
the beautiful pool is built over the well-equipped gym.the pool is open24 hours -just great for late time swimmers like us.we had yoga classes which we thoroughly enjoyed ,taken by an an amazingly experienced trainer.The spa staff were so professional and we spent hours indulging in pampering ourselves.
And the restaurant outdid itself.Such fine dining in the perfect ambience.We also managed to shuttle to the beaches and town whenever we were feeling guilty for not being touristy enough but we were well aware that we were not missing much.And the night before leaving as we walked up to the room a li,ttle sad and nostalgic , we saw a letter tucked unde the door .We assumed it was the bill -but it was a thank you note from the management with a token gift to remember MANTRA by.
..what more can i say!
what made the mantra experience different was the gentleness and care that we were subjected to continously.No task was big enough .Every request was attended to effortlesssly.The warmth ,the smiles and the goodwill from the staff at reception and right up to all the facilities were so in unison that it was hard to believe that the resort was new.As the saying goes '-the funny thing about life ,if you are unwilling to have anything but the best -you usually get it!!!mantra-i am so impressed!!"-SUNTAN,MALAYSIA
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on a hillside in the popular town of Bophut, Mantra Samui Resort offers guests some of the most spectacular panoramic views of Koh Samui's beautiful coastline. Guests can enjoy these views in peace while being only a short distance from countless shops, an array of local restaurants and some of the most stunning beaches you have ever seen. The complimentary shuttle bus service allows ease of travel to all of these local hotspots. The hotel has a wide range of comfortable yet luxurious rooms, most of which have an amazing ocean view. On-site facilities are available for guests to enjoy, including; superb cuisine at Ubuntu Restaurant, an infinity pool with wonderful views of the island, a variety of treatments at the ''Splendid Spa'', a yoga studio with Himalayan Salt Bricks - offering complimentary classes daily, and a top of the range fitness center which is open 24 hours a day. Mantra Samui Resort also has a 24-hour staff-service for guests. If assistance is required at any time of the day, simply ask and one of the team will be happy to help. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra Samui Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Samui Hotel Bophut
- Mantra Samui Resort Ko Samui/Bophut